CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Excellent, he was 1/1A with Shurmur. They said Nagy was Ballards #1 target and Pace wouldn't let him go.

It all shows how much Nagy feels about Trubisky versus Luck.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chiefs offense is literally the most creative in the NFL.

Agreed.....they were hard to predict and used every asset they had. Great mix of plays. Also used the running back for all you Howard lovers.....

This guy is the Anti-Loggains

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are Fangio's options at this point......

Cincy
Bears
GB
Lions
Giants
Colts

?????????

Akuma2000

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This has been comfirmed on sportscenter and nfl network......watching it now.

I thought the bears was gonna hire Defilippo, but i'm glad Pace got the guy he wanted and didn't waste anytime.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Excited to see what Nagy cand do with a guy like Cohen considering how that offense is designed for players that have good YAC ability.

We definitely need to change our approach to WRs though as currently aside from maybe Shaheen and Cohen, we don't have a lot of WRs that fit this kind of offense. I would expect us to target speed and quickness over size.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Peter Schrager
@PSchrags
3m3 minutes ago
Word out of Chicago is that the team and new head coach Matt Nagy would like to bring Vic Fangio back as the DC. Fangio’s decision. @gmfb @NFLonFOX @nflnetwork

This is huge. If Fangio says no I think Nagy is a bust.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
People overreact to the playoff loss. The KC kicker clanged one off the upright and the Mariota TD to himself was a total fluke. The game of football is flukey as hell and you can't judge a team or a coach on one half of football. The Steelers lost to the Mike Glennon led Bears, ferchrissakes!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is the way it should be as much as the Bears are known for bad decisions it has to be the new HC hires choice. Fangio being well respected around the league could very well be a DC a lot of coaches would want.

Who the fuck really knows what Fangio is thinking right now, maybe this maybe that, maybe he likes it here and doesn't want to move. We'll soon find out.

Hopefully he gets that they wanted to hire an offensive mind because of Trubs but that he gets full autonomy and control of a D. A year or two of the Bears being a top 10 D and maybe he gets some HC interest.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Excited to see what Nagy cand do with a guy like Cohen considering how that offense is designed for players that have good YAC ability.

We definitely need to change our approach to WRs though as currently aside from maybe Shaheen and Cohen, we don't have a lot of WRs that fit this kind of offense. I would expect us to target speed and quickness over size.

Christian Kirk

Luke

Liked Posts:
Nagy must have blown everybody away to be hired this quickly. That Trubisky connection was everything.

Glad it's not Defilippo. But hey maybe he brings him as the OC.

I'm curious to see who's the DC.

yep, he was under qualified never saw the allure.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am not saying Trubisky is better than Luck because Luck is a great player. I'm talking about Luck's health. If he was healthy, there is no question any coach would pick Luck at this point in their careers.

exactly

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not saying Trubisky is better than Luck because Luck is a great player. I'm talking about Luck's health. If he was healthy, there is no question any coach would pick Luck at this point in their careers.

But a new coach may want someone they feel they can mold. Luck is more of a finished product. Even if Luck were completely healthy, I would probably still be inclined to prefer Trubs just form the development standpoint. Especially if as rumored, KC loved Trubs in the draft.

Reactions: 1ke