Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel‏
@greggabe
Following
Following @greggabe

More
The KC offense this year incorporated a lot of RPO’s to take advantage of Alex Smith’s athleticism. Look for the same here with Trubisky as that’s what he did at North Carolina

You mean we might have a coach that adapts his offense to his players strengths? Fuck yeah!

I'm cautiously optimistic about this hire. Seems like a real go big or go home type of hire.

Reactions: Myk

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Yeah the way they made it sound the only people really out are Fox and Loggians.

We need a new RB coach also. Curtis Modkins left for the Broncos. I would like to add either Cards RB coach Stump Mitchell or Edgar Bennett to the staff.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy must have blown everybody away to be hired this quickly. That Trubisky connection was everything.

Glad it's not Defilippo. But hey maybe he brings him as the OC.

I'm curious to see who's the DC.
Pace has to have been researching this since the Packers loss coming out of the break.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really think this is Pace’s pick but I do believe the other 2 idiots are making Pace tell Nagy to keep Fangio. To force him to coach under him. I don’t mind it but i do not want it forced upon. But this is just what i think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you think pace is being forced to try and keep Fangio. Isn't the DC/OC hires going to be up to Nagy? And if we do keep Fangio, is that a bad thing? Our defense has been the only bright spot over the last few years.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They just said on espn 1000 that Nagy WILL call plays. They said that pretty much rules Flip out as OC.

If it's a non-play calling OC, I wouldn't be surprised if Dave Raggone gets the job. Heard on he radio he has the same agent as Nagy and is likely to be retained on the staff.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
Don't love or hate the hire. Hopefully will work out. Does seem a bit quick and hoping he wasn't hired just cause he just fell in line with what Pace wanted to hear.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I guess the only worry is that a lot of offensive coordinators have looked good in limited time before teams adjust. I hope his system has lasting power.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The Bears making the first head coaching hire looks good. It is obvious he was a hot commodity and the Bears got who they wanted. That is good for a change. Hoping this is the start of something good for the Bears.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm curious as to how many of these candidates Mitch spoke to.

Don't know if valid but GG said Nagy was also Colts #1 choice and Pace stayed in KC to close the deal. I suspect he didn't get the Teddy deal.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
I've not really been following football closely the past few years. Was Nagy around to make Alex Smith into something useful? That would seem like a positive sign if it was the case.

That would be Harbaugh in 2011.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears making the first head coaching hire looks good. It is obvious he was a hot commodity and the Bears got who they wanted. That is good for a change. Hoping this is the start of something good for the Bears.

Second. Gruden was the first.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears can give him an offer he cannot refuse. What does he win by leaving a defense that he built for a new defense that he has to build for less money (after the offer that he could not refuse)?

He wins a better chance of success by taking a better job with a better organization, which is virtually everyone except the Browns.

The thing in the Bears' favor is that with an offensive HC who will be calling the plays, the defense would be entirely his. Give him asst. HC title and a pay raise and they might persuade him to stay.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Why do you think pace is being forced to try and keep Fangio. Isn't the DC/OC hires going to be up to Nagy? And if we do keep Fangio, is that a bad thing? Our defense has been the only bright spot over the last few years.

Read it again.please do. I said they are forcing pace to make Nagy keep Fangio. Which would be Nagy making the decision. I also said I don’t mind Fangio, I just don’t want it forced upon Nagy to keep him. Read and comprehend man.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Read it again.please do. I said they are forcing pace to make Nagy keep Fangio. Which would be Nagy making the decision. I also said I don’t mind Fangio, I just don’t want it forced upon Nagy to keep him. Read and comprehend man.

They said Fangio only stays if him and Nagy both want it. It wont be forced on him.