I was thinking about starting an
Official it's official thread but ...

Our new head coach - The Professional

994LTP_Jean_Reno_018.jpg

classic-retro-antiuv-round-sunglasses-leon_71.jpg

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So many scared about whether he can be a HC. Any one of us could be the HC of the Bears on any Monday.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
The offense spiked significantly this year under him so, he’ll yeah.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's don't think it's about whether the Bears want Fangio, it's about whether Fangio wants the Bears.

With the opportunity to head into coaching FA in a couple of days, my guess is no.

Co-signed. Though perhaps this is a time that Ed Donatell gets his promotion to DC.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Nagy must have blown everybody away to be hired this quickly. That Trubisky connection was everything.

Glad it's not Defilippo. But hey maybe he brings him as the OC.

I'm curious to see who's the DC.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They just said on espn 1000 that Nagy WILL call plays. They said that pretty much rules Flip out as OC.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel‏
@greggabe
Following
Following @greggabe

More
The KC offense this year incorporated a lot of RPO’s to take advantage of Alex Smith’s athleticism. Look for the same here with Trubisky as that’s what he did at North Carolina

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
The best thing about making this hire early is that we have one day to convince Fangio to stay. If he doesn't we still get first crack at Pettine or Chuck Pagano for DC.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It's don't think it's about whether the Bears want Fangio, it's about whether Fangio wants the Bears.

With the opportunity to head into coaching FA in a couple of days, my guess is no.

The Bears can give him an offer he cannot refuse. What does he win by leaving a defense that he built for a new defense that he has to build for less money (after the offer that he could not refuse)?

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I couldn't tell with all the troll threads. Did the Bears actually interview McDaniels and Defilippo but could not hire them until they were out of the playoffs? Did I get this right?

Yes they did interview them. No they could not hire them officially. They could have agreed oh one off them being the head coach. Even with them still contending in the playoffs. They just can’t make it official until they are out of the playoffs or after they win the super bowl. But they can come to an agreement for the head coach position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well he has the young LA Rams feel to him, but damnit, sure wish KC would have broken that streak of choking in the playoffs.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
ESPN 1000 just said it sounds like Dave Ragone is staying on as QB coach...Hhhhmmm

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ESPN 1000 just said it sounds like Dave Ragone is staying on as QB coach...Hhhhmmm

Yeah the way they made it sound the only people really out are Fox and Loggians.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So GatorMike/MikefromTampa/CaimanTierra completes the 3 year trilogy of being completely fucking wrong.
Wonder who he comes back as next year?
From what Im hearing

2 hours Shurmur broke down the following with a slew of plays from Bears various plays that Minnesota used to game plan defensively--Total Interview was 4 hours

1. Mechanics- Broke down times of sloppy foot work, holding ball, not seeing field, and bad routes by receivers and criticizing Bears OC for not putting Trubisky in position to win

2. Shurmur OC he listed two of them- Get this Jim Bob Cooter & Kevin Stefanski, Minny QB coach

3. DC- I heard his DC was Mike Nolan LB coach of Saints

Boys & Girls

90% chance Shurmur new HC