Nagy just announced as HC

Splackers

Liked Posts:
If he wasn't responsible for that atrocity in the 2H and Andy was I hope he says so in his intro press conference.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The really nice thing is now he'll have first crack at assistants vs those teams that wait a week or two.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Greg Gabriel@greggabe
6m6 minutes ago
Matt Nagy is an excellent choice coming from Andy Read tree. He is the only guy that Andy ever gave playcalling duties to and did a remarkable job. Says a lot Now he has to put a staff together and that’s the tough job

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
That's the look of a man that brings his lunchpail to work.

A real lunchpail guy
Does he have da fire and da passion
Can you picture this guy screaming passionately along the sidelines
Actual ccs quotes
Lol

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
so nothing is final. no contract for either coach yet.

It's on the Bears Twitter. How much more official do you want?
I'm pretty sure Twitter is binding.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
SgTmUk

giphy.gif

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
We got one of the hot OC's that everyone was talking about. I'm good with this. Lets see what he can do with the talent on this team.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Jeff Dickerson@DickersonESPN
3m3 minutes ago
Bears will have press conference to introduce Matt Nagy on Tuesday.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Hey maybe Michael McCaskey is the source of this tweet and he decided to go all McGinnis on Nagy.

McGinnis turns down Chicago after premature announcement
Published: Sunday, January 24, 1999

LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) - There's one rule of football that doesn't change, from the Pop Warner leagues to the pros: Never, ever let go of the football until you've crossed the goal line.

Guess Chicago Bears president Michael McCaskey didn't think that rule applied to him.

Still fuming that McCaskey announced his hiring before they had a deal, Dave McGinnis withdrew from consideration for the Bears coaching job Saturday and went home to Arizona. It was further embarrassment for McCaskey and the Bears, still reeling from one of the worst personnel moves in sports history.

"It's very sad for me," McGinnis told reporters at O'Hare Airport as he and his wife, Kim, waited to board a flight back to Phoenix. "Again, I want to express, the city of Chicago, the Chicago Bears are very, very special. Obviously, we just couldn't reach an agreement. That's all I can say."

The Bears, meanwhile, weren't saying anything except to confirm that McGinnis had withdrawn. They'd said more than enough Friday.

The debacle began Friday morning when the Bears announced they'd hold an afternoon news conference to introduce McGinnis, the Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator and a former Chicago assistant, as their new coach. They even changed the message on former coach Dave Wannstedt's voice mail to say, "You have reached the office of head coach David McGinnis."

There was just one, slight problem: The Bears and McGinnis didn't have a deal. In fact, McGinnis reportedly was driving to Halas Hall for what he thought were further negotiations when he heard on the radio that he was the new coach.

McCaskey tried - unsuccessfully - to smooth things over. An hour after the news conference was supposed to start, Ted Phillips, the Bears vice president of operations, said there had been a delay. After another 90 minutes, team spokesman Bryan Harlan said negotiations had broken down and McGinnis had left the building.

Oops.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Lemming said yesterday all he was hearing was Flip. Lol, that dude is turning into a hack and losing credibility by the day.

He's always been a hack

Remember when he surfaced a few years ago, all he did and still does is regurgitate news quickly somehow that makes him an "insider lol

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I've not really been following football closely the past few years. Was Nagy around to make Alex Smith into something useful? That would seem like a positive sign if it was the case.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just so Bears after he shits the bed in his most important game hire him lol

Do the slightest bit of research before you post stupid shit. Scroll down...holy shit people hate for no fucking reason.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If he wasn't responsible for that atrocity in the 2H and Andy was I hope he says so in his intro press conference.

He's not gonna say anything about that, at least i wouldn't think he would. I'm not even concerned with it even if it was him calling the plays in the 2nd half. As long as he's bright enough to learn from his mistakes which it seems like he is.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Now, having both George and sweaty Teddy with him meant he could immediately finalize a contract with his guy as soon as the decision was made and agreed upon. Still think bringing them along was stupid?

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Has to be the first time Bears have done something I was hoping for. Very excited for the future.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
This story is being overblown. He just passed the phone screen from HR.

Reactions: 1ke

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Defilippo cannot be blocked because he is out of contract once the season is over.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
I thought he had a year left. Thanks.

Pace may have HC interviewed DeFilippo with this option lurking.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I've not really been following football closely the past few years. Was Nagy around to make Alex Smith into something useful? That would seem like a positive sign if it was the case.

Was QB coach for four years so I would say definitely.