Nagy just announced as HC

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
A good hire. I think Shurmer, Flip and Nagy were the top coaches. McDaniels maybe for the right team.

I liked Nagy or Shurmur, but didn't care that much.

Who gives that much of a shit about a playoff loss? There was a lot going on between Reid at least calling some plays, losing Kelce and KC's defense blowing the lead. I think you have to look at the entire resume.

If we can keep Fangio then thats a huge plus.

But I'm glad to see us bring in someone that has the ability to develop Trubisky. that is the #1 priority.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Since Nagy is going to be calling plays, I wouldn't mind a guy like Harold Goodwin coming in to bring in a different mindset at offensive coordinator.

He was OC for ARI under Arians but mostly coordinated the running game while Arians focused on the passing. Been attached to Arians' hip for nearly a decade.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
next order of business is renting an airbnb for a few months and have nagy teach mitch the offense

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Greg Gabriel@greggabe
5m5 minutes ago
Been told that Ryan Pace may have stayed in KC last night. Don’t know if Colts or Bears interviewed Nagy 1st, but Pace was impressed and wasn’t leaving till he had his guy

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
We have finally paired a legit NFL offensive mind from a great coaching tree with a high upside QB.

Took 100 years, but we are here.

Welcome to the modern NFL.

1254172884282.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Color me surprised that the Bears moved quickly on this. Kudos to Pace being aggressive and getting his man. Now hopefully it turns out Nagy was the right choice. You can never tell with coaching hires but he certainly has a resume that made him an appropriate hire. Hopefully he does really want Fangio to be DC and it is not being forced on him as it will be important that everyone is on board and moving in the same direction.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We have finally paired a legit NFL offensive mind from a great coaching tree with a high upside QB.

Took 100 years, but we are here.

Welcome to the modern NFL.

You also have to love the fact that they got this done early, giving them a shot at the best assistants instead of dragging it out and being stuck with whatever was left. It also might not be a coincidence that they got their guy before Fanzio's contract expired...giving them first shot at getting him back.

Another thing I like is that the KC offense was pretty damn good without having any real major players at wide out....although they did have a kick ass TE in Kelce.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why do you think pace is being forced to try and keep Fangio. Isn't the DC/OC hires going to be up to Nagy? And if we do keep Fangio, is that a bad thing? Our defense has been the only bright spot over the last few years.

He has absolutely no idea at all if Pace is forcing anyone to keep Fangio. It's just another rumor that was started by someone who loves drama and of course some people run with it. Nobody will ever know if there's any truth to it or not so why not just be happy if we do keep Fangio or be happy with whoever gets hired for DC and move on.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel@greggabe
5m5 minutes ago
Been told that Ryan Pace may have stayed in KC last night. Don’t know if Colts or Bears interviewed Nagy 1st, but Pace was impressed and wasn’t leaving till he had his guy

Excellent, he was 1/1A with Shurmur. They said Nagy was Ballards #1 target and Pace wouldn't let him go.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They said Fangio only stays if him and Nagy both want it. It wont be forced on him.

This is the way it should be as much as the Bears are known for bad decisions it has to be the new HC hires choice. Fangio being well respected around the league could very well be a DC a lot of coaches would want.

Who the fuck really knows what Fangio is thinking right now, maybe this maybe that, maybe he likes it here and doesn't want to move. We'll soon find out.