Nagy just announced as HC

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Now, having both George and sweaty Teddy with him meant he could immediately finalize a contract with his guy as soon as the decision was made and agreed upon. Still think bringing them along was stupid?

Considering those two imbeciles have driven the Bears organization down to the NFC equivalent of the Browns, yes, any involvement from them is stupid.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
From what I've read is Nagy loves using the RB in the passing game, unfortunately Howard is still a liability as a receiver. If he doesn't improve, wonder if he'll want another #1rb in 2019

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
From what I've read is Nagy loves using the RB in the passing game, unfortunately Howard is still a liability. If he doesn't improve, wonder if he'll want another #1rb in 2019

yeah let trade away our best O player!!! Great plan!

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
That long read from the Chiefs website was schlocky, yes but it gives a ton of insight into the man. If anything I feel bad for his kids as they're never gonna see their Dad again.

Thanks for posting it MaoTenDue!

/Go Bears!

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
From what I've read is Nagy loves using the RB in the passing game, unfortunately Howard is still a liability. If he doesn't improve, wonder if he'll want another #1rb in 2019

He averaged 2 targets a game this year (23rec / 32targets). Perhaps a bit more usage after an offseason of training with some good offensive coaching could help

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
- avoiding another disastrous year of injury luck

- Trubisky taking a positive step up into his second year

- a solid offseason personnel wise

These three things and they are a playoff contender immediately.
Oh please. You always show this type optimism early on and it always dissipates quickly. Good teams survive injuries. Trubisky not taking a positive step would only be another hit on "Slow" Pace.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He averaged 2 targets a game this year (23rec / 32targets). Perhaps a bit more usage after an offseason of training with some good offensive coaching could help

Also couldn't hurt having playcalls that aren't so fucking predictable

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Still seeing a lot of post excited about Cohen and Trubs. I'm really excited to see what he can do with Shaheen.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Josina Anderson@JosinaAnderson
1m1 minute ago
I'm told Teryl Austin is going to accept the #Bengals offer to become their defensive coordinator, per source.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel about this the way I did about moving up to get Trubisky. Which is that Pace bet his career on the decision and I hope for everyone's sake he knows what he's doing. TIME WILL TELL.

I have no problem with him being decisive - that's why they hired him.

As for everyone who is absolutely sure Nagy sucks because the chiefs had a bad game Saturday: You and the ones declaring the rookie to be a bust every time he throws a pick are a special kind of stupid.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

napo55

Liked Posts:

Good point. Howard is obviously a great runner. But he should be maxing out on receiving reps until (hopefully) he becomes a decent receiver. it would be a real asset to the offense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I believe he'll be a good back up, but that's all he'll ever be! Howard is SOOO underrated even more so by Bears fan! damn shame!

Between RB and WR, I would expect Cohen to play say 30-40 snaps if we assume 60-70 snaps. So somewhere around 50-60% of the time. You can line him and Howard up in the backfield together and motion him to the slot or outside on a fair number of plays.

If Howard were a decent receiver, he'd be far more valuable.

That is probably homework assignment 1 for Howard this offseason. Work on his hands. He just needs to be able to run and catch screens and checkdown routes. They don't need anything fancy from him. Just an ability to catch the lunch pail kind of passes.

Cohen's job is much harder as he will have to learn RB, slot and outside WR to be properly utilized.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
If this guy is the reason that Alex Smit went from game managing scrub to a decent starting qb then im with this hire.

Alex Smith got better when he got to KC. Naggy worked with him. So, this makes me feel good about the hire.
This is the kind of ignorance required for the dolts to jump on board with these type things. Fact is Smith's numbers were strikingly similar to what they were with Harbaugh and even better at the time Harbaugh replaced him w/Kaepernick than any of his first 4 years with the Chiefs. How funny that the Chiefs now want to go the same route Harbaugh did and replace Smith with a stronger arm and even more mobile QB.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh please. You always show this type optimism early on and it always dissipates quickly.

I like what I like and dislike what I dislike. I call it objectively. You just put a negative trolling slant on everything. I think you just hedge your bets. If you're wrong, you can be happy about the Bears. If the Bears fail, you get to enjoy CCS more. Win win, am I right?

Of course I am.