Nagy just announced as HC

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
The fact idiots like yourself like the move, make me more confident it was a bad one.

I viewed this as the worst potential HC hire cause he is the least qualified. The top brass in Halas Hall has failed us again...

How about we let him coach one damn game before we start crying of failure?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's very inexperienced and the main reason I would see the Bears taking him is because they do believe him to be that QB whisperer type. And I think a lot more should go into deciding your HC than that.

Not sure how almost 10 years of NFL experience is inexperienced. He doesn't have a ton of play calling experience but the experience he does have shows he uses the whole offense including the RBs. It is easy to call running plays when the D is focused on stopping the greatest NFL QB of all time. So I am not sure what you think McDaniels offers that Nagy does not. They both would have been hired primarily due to being QB whisperers or do you think McDaniels would be hired due to his development of Dion Lewis?

They were brought in for essentially the same reason, get the most out of the current QB. Neither ready to lead an NFL team though.

Again what makes McDaniels ready? He failed in Denver and has never succeeded for an extended period of time without the GOAT.

Bronko

Liked Posts:
Terrible news. But I expected no less from this organization or Mr. Haircut.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
John DeFilippo is probably to green for a job in the NFL right now. Eagles will probably promote him to offensive coordinator and let go Frank Reich.

Matt Nagy & Reich together would be fun.

DeFillippo will be a free agent. If he is smart, he should go to a team that will allow him to call plays which is unlikely to be Philly considering Pederson calls plays. Doesn't matter if they give him an OC title.

If I am Nagy, I'd offer DeFillipo the OC gig with a promise he can call plays. Pederson came up under Reid so likely the Eagles offense is similar in concept to the Chiefs so I expect it would not be a hard transition. Not a huge fan either of head coaches calling their own plays. Just so much shit to worry about on gameday.

Once DeFillipo moves on then a guy like Ragone should be ready to move into the OC role.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Not sure how almost 10 years of NFL experience is inexperienced. He doesn't have a ton of play calling experience but the experience he does have shows he uses the whole offense including the RBs. It is easy to call running plays when the D is focused on stopping the greatest NFL QB of all time. So I am not sure what you think McDaniels offers that Nagy does not. They both would have been hired primarily due to being QB whisperers or do you think McDaniels would be hired due to his development of Dion Lewis?

Again what makes McDaniels ready? He failed in Denver and has never succeeded for an extended period of time without the GOAT.

He watched the "highlight videos", or interviews, with McD talking about how much of a changed man he is and how he's subdued the voices in his head that told him Tebow was the next Brady...

Guess Who

Liked Posts:
You people who post on this board constantly remind me of our current president, 4 year olds trapped in adult bodies.

The former president reminded me of a Marxist Muslim who hated America.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think it can be a real positive. If and when offensive coaches move on and get hired elsewhere, you don't have to keep changing it every couple of years.

Think we are talking different things. The offense is still Nagy's WCO. He still helps gameplan and the playbook and terminology is still all his. The distinction is simply that on gameday the OC calls the plays. If that OC moves on, the offense still remains Nagy's WCO. The playbook and terminology still remains and Nagy continues to be involved in gameplanning. The only difference is a new OC now calls the plays but those plays are still Nagy's.

The benefit of an offensive HC is not exclusively in the playcalling. It is in the fact he will pick and groom assistants that can run his system. So that is what causes the continuity. The playbook and terminology stays.

DeFillipo will not be running his system. He will be running Nagy's system and given the similarities to Pederson (both came up under Reid), what DeFillipo brings to the table is likely some tweaks or a couple plays here and there that maybe Nagy didn't have in his playbook.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I support this hire. I'm glad Pace appears to be steering this ship in the right direction. Now it's time to be cautiously optimistic that Nagy will assemble a good staff and turn around the Bears recent misfortunes. It's due time we start experiencing some winning.

Ideal

Liked Posts:
There's a lot of butt hurt in this thread

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

McDaniels would be hired for his overall football knowledge while we don't really know what, if anything, Nagy has to offer. You say 10 years of NFL experience but that's a stretch considering you'd be including time as an intern and with meaningless positions such as coach's asst and quality control coach. He seems to have been coddled throughout and never held accountable for much of anything. people also act like he's the best possible choice for Trubisky but what QB has he ever helped develop?