My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
All depends what’s available at what cost. Things we can’t know, unfortunately.
I don't know man... I mean they are kinda half in half out of a rebuild aren't they? Yet you see the obvious piece of what's needed. Feels like if they make a trade they're going all in on this year, and I don't that it's the move right now. But your team MVP is 33 by next season soooooo... I like PWill and Coby, but those seem like the only real chips to play right now and one is hurt. I don't want to see them get rid of draft picks because that was what I was excited to see when the front office team came together. Yes I realize this is a jumbled mess of word vomit. I just am torn and think they should stay but really would love to see an upgrade at backup center at the least. To what end, I don't think it's a championship team yet.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't know man... I mean they are kinda half in half out of a rebuild aren't they? Yet you see the obvious piece of what's needed. Feels like if they make a trade they're going all in on this year, and I don't that it's the move right now. But your team MVP is 33 by next season soooooo... I like PWill and Coby, but those seem like the only real chips to play right now and one is hurt. I don't want to see them get rid of draft picks because that was what I was excited to see when the front office team came together. Yes I realize this is a jumbled mess of word vomit. I just am torn and think they should stay but really would love to see an upgrade at backup center at the least. To what end, I don't think it's a championship team yet.
I can't speak for Knox, but the right price for me would be a guy on a multi-year deal who we can get for one of our expiring contracts, which is basically Troy Brown Jr. DJ Jr is also expiring, but he's injured, and while you can trade him, dunno that anyone would.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
We will see what happens. If the bulls get poeltl for the Portland pick and a guy, that to me is a difference maker acquisition…and he fits scoots preferred choice of getting a guy back that you’ll have the next season as well…and for a reasonable 9 mil, I believe.

the ideal scenario IMO, is what it sounds like the bulls have been attempting to do…trade Troy brown jr and a 2nd for Schroder. Then, trade coby and the Portland first rounder for Poeltl. But the bulls are in a situation where they need to know they can make both moves happen, otherwise giving up coby is probably more than theyd like to give up for Poeltl, without having Schroder to replace coby

the other thing to remember, is the bulls do have a 5 mil trade exception from Theis. That can help them make salaries match up to make a bigger splash move if they wish

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
We will see what happens. If the bulls get poeltl for the Portland pick and a guy, that to me is a difference maker acquisition…and he fits scoots preferred choice of getting a guy back that you’ll have the next season as well…and for a reasonable 9 mil, I believe.

the ideal scenario IMO, is what it sounds like the bulls have been attempting to do…trade Troy brown jr and a 2nd for Schroder. Then, trade coby and the Portland first rounder for Poeltl. But the bulls are in a situation where they need to know they can make both moves happen, otherwise giving up coby is probably more than theyd like to give up for Poeltl, without having Schroder to replace coby

the other thing to remember, is the bulls do have a 5 mil trade exception from Theis. That can help them make salaries match up to make a bigger splash move if they wish
I want Peoltl. The thing is, I don't know his contract will have to look it up, and most importantly he's started 43/44 games for the Spurs, how does he react to being brought in and put on the bench. He's not a flex four kind of guy that they could get in with Vuc on the floor. Vuc averaging 33.6, Poeltl 28.8. 1. Even taking Vuc down to 30, you aren't cutting 10 minutes from Poeltl? Vuc is the kind of guy that needs minutes to be productive, I think you dump him more than 30 a game and it will be even harder to keep him engaged? Is 18 from Poeltl as a backup worth Coby and a first rounder?

Edit: i'm an idiot, maybe you can move Vuc over and keep Jakob as the pure 5 and run them together? I don't really think of Vuc playing the 4 in a big lineup?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I want Peoltl. The thing is, I don't know his contract will have to look it up, and most importantly he's started 43/44 games for the Spurs, how does he react to being brought in and put on the bench. He's not a flex four kind of guy that they could get in with Vuc on the floor. Vuc averaging 33.6, Poeltl 28.8. 1. Even taking Vuc down to 30, you aren't cutting 10 minutes from Poeltl? Vuc is the kind of guy that needs minutes to be productive, I think you dump him more than 30 a game and it will be even harder to keep him engaged? Is 18 from Poeltl as a backup worth Coby and a first rounder?

Edit: i'm an idiot, maybe you can move Vuc over and keep Jakob as the pure 5 and run them together? I don't really think of Vuc playing the 4 in a big lineup?
Yeah, I think you figured out what would have to be done in that scenario. You play Poeltl as Vuc’s backup for 18 min and find 7-12 min a game where you play Poeltl at the 5 and Vuc at the 4 offensively. Defensively, I think Poeltl handles the pick and roll better than Vuc…not that that’s saying a ton lol

The other nice thing is Poeltl and Vuc are both top 5 in pick and roll production for big men this season, I believe. It means no drop off really when Vuc goes to the bench on creating offense. Nobody fears Bradley in the pick and roll offensively lol

And we all know how the game slows down come playoff time…so having Vuc and Poeltl that are excellent half court pick and roll players would be pretty nice to have

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Donovan sounded happy to stay where they are and pick up Caruso, Ball, and Williams as they go.

I hope a prospect at PF can turn up suitable for White to balance out the roster but if Williams is nearing a return they expect 2 starters back before April.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Donovan sounded happy to stay where they are and pick up Caruso, Ball, and Williams as they go.

I hope a prospect at PF can turn up suitable for White to balance out the roster but if Williams is nearing a return they expect 2 starters back before April.
I mean. Not many more impactful trades out there bigger than just getting everyone back. They were rolling

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What about Coby White for Buddy Hield? To add a more traditional shooting guard to the mix.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I'd almost rather sit tight with our two 1sts this year and hope we can get an impact player.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
We should have Portlands and our own correct? We traded last years first which means we still have this year's as it can't be traded.

Edit: just realized Portlands is protected and we likely won't get that this year.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We should have Portlands and our own correct? We traded last years first which means we still have this year's as it can't be traded.

Edit: just realized Portlands is protected and we likely won't get that this year.
Yep, Portland has to make the playoffs for us to get their pick.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Have to see if any bulls player(s) get sat out tonight because of trade talks…although, I don’t think the bulls can spare to sit out a healthy guy lol

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah…Llilliard might effect us more than our own dealings.

If they move him from timeline we may not see that pick this decade.