NBA2K12

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:
Awww yeahhh son! Opened it up earlier today. Just figuring out the controls and what not on the fly of My Player. I'm 1st guy off the bench, drafted 16th or so by the 76ers. 6'5 SG, 208 lbs or so...athletic build. asl?

lets play a head to head game!

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lets play a head to head game!

haha, I will soon, but you'll kill me. I still need to run through a lot of the tutorials to figure out the finer points. My My Player is so-so at best right now, and it's gonna take me a cpl days to really figure the game out.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I swear this game is so full of BS sometimes. Losing by double digits to both the Bucks and the Cavs? What is this crap? I shoot about 70% from the field and the rest of the team shoots like 20%.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
made it to the finals...maybe its because i finally figured out this game..but my team steamrolled the WC..hell i had a terrible shooting game and 7 TOs last game and we still won vs the lakers

the game before i pwnd though 27 points 6 rebounds 13 assists

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I got 85 points :smug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lost to the Cavs (I ragequit the other one where I was down like 15) by 1. Everyone choked. Rose has been playing like crap the past few games. The team as a whole is probably shooting a collective 30% when you take me out of the equation. Idk if the game is just demanding that I lose (Boozer had a chance to win the game when I fed him a wide open layup that he blew) or what, but the past few games have brought forth some serious rage...

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
try getting guys to the cut behind the defense to the basket among other things..they have a 2 second window where they're in front of everyone in the post you pass it...done..

run ahead of the defense after a missed shot...demand the ball..then look for fastbreaks...

try doing some movement without the ball to get you or others open...

try driving and kicking or getting a double team by driving to pass it to the open man(who often cuts to the post)

give other players screens to work around for their own shot...

go to the post....make the D collapse pass to a post man..then he kicks it out usually to the guy outside who is open because of the collapsed D

just some offensive suggestions

also when the clock gets down to around 6 or 5 on defense..DOUBLE TEAM...they dont pass the ball when the clock gets down that low..they look to make their own shot on basically an iso

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I usually do all that. The difference in the past couple games is that I played SG exclusively due to an injury, so I couldn't control the offense like usual. The best I could do was demand the ball and take it to the post. However I guess my defenders were a lot longer since they were bigger SGs so I got blocked a lot more than usual. That and Varejao came out of nowhere like 5 or 6 times to block my shot...

Usually I can stop my guy on the iso with 5 seconds left. It's when it's early in the shot clock and they start doing 50 different moves that I have trouble. Idk if it's me, or the way the player movement system works, but sometimes I find myself like 10 ft out of position on defense. Or it could be that there's a switch on defense that the game doesn't make clear (you know those times where you have like 3 different arrows that say you're supposed to guard that player). I've gotten a lot of the "allow man to score" things that way. As if it was my fault that that guy was across the court and the game just told me to switch as the guy caught the ball. Idk how it determines between "good shot defense" and "allow man to score" sometimes either...I could be all up in his face and press the block button and everything and still get "allow man to score" sometimes. I guess it's a minor thing really since I still win most of the time. It's just when we lose it's because of all this garbage that goes on that doesn't go on in the games I win.

And for the record...if my teammates could have teammate grades as well, they'd probably all have D's or F's. Missing free throws, allowing their guy to score, and all that. If only our teammates could play as well as the opposition eh? xD

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I usually do all that. The difference in the past couple games is that I played SG exclusively due to an injury, so I couldn't control the offense like usual. The best I could do was demand the ball and take it to the post. However I guess my defenders were a lot longer since they were bigger SGs so I got blocked a lot more than usual. That and Varejao came out of nowhere like 5 or 6 times to block my shot...

Usually I can stop my guy on the iso with 5 seconds left. It's when it's early in the shot clock and they start doing 50 different moves that I have trouble. Idk if it's me, or the way the player movement system works, but sometimes I find myself like 10 ft out of position on defense. Or it could be that there's a switch on defense that the game doesn't make clear (you know those times where you have like 3 different arrows that say you're supposed to guard that player). I've gotten a lot of the "allow man to score" things that way. As if it was my fault that that guy was across the court and the game just told me to switch as the guy caught the ball. Idk how it determines between "good shot defense" and "allow man to score" sometimes either...I could be all up in his face and press the block button and everything and still get "allow man to score" sometimes. I guess it's a minor thing really since I still win most of the time. It's just when we lose it's because of all this garbage that goes on that doesn't go on in the games I win.

And for the record...if my teammates could have teammate grades as well, they'd probably all have D's or F's. Missing free throws, allowing their guy to score, and all that. If only our teammates could play as well as the opposition eh? xD

ya the defense makes you switch off alot you gotta stay with your man on that..you have to make the players work for a while to get the clock down..

you can still get guys open down low and do screens as a SG...trust i play SG quite a bit and i still get plenty of assists

what do you play on? pro?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ya the defense makes you switch off alot you gotta stay with your man on that..you have to make the players work for a while to get the clock down..

you can still get guys open down low and do screens as a SG...trust i play SG quite a bit and i still get plenty of assists

what do you play on? pro?

Yeah I had the run plays option on for awhile and it always made me do screens in the middle of the paint, which NEVER works. It's impossible to even try to walk through the paint for me. Always bumping into my defender, even if I'm pushing the control stick in the opposite direction. I'll try to set more screens now that I have autoplays off. The only assists I've gotten playing SG are fastbreak passes or passes out of a double team. But I rarely get a strong double team before I shoot.

Do you mean stick with the original guy even though the game tells you to switch (which is what I do whenever I get multiple arrows...seems to work) or go the the guy that they tell you to go to?

I think I play on All-Star or something. I moved up from pro awhile ago, but I forget what I set it to.

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:
haha, I will soon, but you'll kill me. I still need to run through a lot of the tutorials to figure out the finer points. My My Player is so-so at best right now, and it's gonna take me a cpl days to really figure the game out.

I am some what good, don't want to sound cocky so that is all I will say! :smug: but you should try that training camp thing, it helped me out big time.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah I had the run plays option on for awhile and it always made me do screens in the middle of the paint, which NEVER works. It's impossible to even try to walk through the paint for me. Always bumping into my defender, even if I'm pushing the control stick in the opposite direction. I'll try to set more screens now that I have autoplays off. The only assists I've gotten playing SG are fastbreak passes or passes out of a double team. But I rarely get a strong double team before I shoot.

Do you mean stick with the original guy even though the game tells you to switch (which is what I do whenever I get multiple arrows...seems to work) or go the the guy that they tell you to go to?

I think I play on All-Star or something. I moved up from pro awhile ago, but I forget what I set it to.

depends on the situation..i think you can tell guys to switch off using X on the PS3

i'm still on pro..i might go up once my guy gets a little better...he's still only 72...i'm up 2-0 in the finals vs. orlando lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
depends on the situation..i think you can tell guys to switch off using X on the PS3

i'm still on pro..i might go up once my guy gets a little better...he's still only 72...i'm up 2-0 in the finals vs. orlando lol

Hmm...I'll have to try that. I'm a 74 overall about 50 games into the season. I assume you're key gaming it though?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Going to Rookie Sophomore game :smug:

12th rated center in the game :)

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hmm...I'll have to try that. I'm a 74 overall about 50 games into the season. I assume you're key gaming it though?

a bit of both....i've played all the playoff games

do you know easy ways to score? there are some points in the game i get droughts because i cant post up well or make baseline shots...gotta work on my scoring versatility

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anybody tried MP w/ a Center? I'm considering it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anybody tried MP w/ a Center? I'm considering it.

Only seen YouTube vids. Looks like if you get good position on the post you can score pretty easily. Can't say for sure though. If you have a faceup center you can get that midrange shot going too.