2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I get why the policy is in place with betting on NFL games. But the rule about placing bets in team facilities on other sports is a little arbitrary IMO. That said, if you know the policy, pretty fucking stupid to not simply place your wagers off site.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I get why the policy is in place with betting on NFL games. But the rule about placing bets in team facilities on other sports is a little arbitrary IMO. That said, if you know the policy, pretty fucking stupid to not simply place your wagers off site.

The fact that they had staff members getting busted too makes it sound like a culture of noncompliance up there with the rules. Better #ContractTheLions to be on the safe side.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What they have found in studies regarding gambling is that once someone bets in one sport, the gambler tends to start gambling in other sports. It’s more of a slippery slope and just trying to nip it in the bud more than anything. Plus players from other sports can share info they have heard thru the grapevine.

greg23

Liked Posts:
What they have found in studies regarding gambling is that once someone bets in one sport, the gambler tends to start gambling in other sports. It’s more of a slippery slope and just trying to nip it in the bud more than anything. Plus players from other sports can share info they have heard thru the grapevine.
That's not the point

Totally fine to for these players to place their non football sports wagers 500 yards away from the team facility at a 7-11.......

But completely illegal to place that same wager inside the facility?

As he mentioned; pretty arbitrary.

Wonder if this also applies to any kind of pools like March madness or world cup pools??

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That's not the point

Totally fine to for these players to place their non football sports wagers 500 yards away from the team facility at a 7-11.......

But completely illegal to place that same wager inside the facility?

As he mentioned; pretty arbitrary.

Wonder if this also applies to any kind of pools like March madness or world cup pools??

I didn’t even realize they changed it to allow this. These dipshits didn’t even bother to walk across the street.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This. the guys that bet on NFL games got what they deserved. But placing a small wager on your sports app for a college game? While he should have known better, if is far from something I would consider a "character issue". Just dumb.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
This. the guys that bet on NFL games got what they deserved. But placing a small wager on your sports app for a college game? While he should have known better, if is far from something I would consider a "character issue". Just dumb.
Williams won’t be a bust until Detroit trades him for a 5th next offseason, right?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Did the staff help him find the app?