NFL Suspends Idiots

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
What kind of culture is Dan Campbell instilling in Detroit??? This is unacceptable. Toxic masculinity if you ask me.
Hey they only had four staff and four players affected, it's not like, wait, wait, now my sources are telling me the situation is a total dumpster fire. Sorry, my bad!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Why is Williams not getting a full year? WTF?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What kind of culture is Dan Campbell instilling in Detroit??? This is unacceptable. Toxic masculinity if you ask me.
Cannibalistic, ignorant, lifetime losers...is it any wonder @nc0gnet0 is a fan?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
For murder?
Ok, maybe not those convicted of 1st or 2nd degree murder as the court system puts them away in prison.

But any other lesser charge of manslaughter, vehicular homicide, etc, the NFL doesn't do much. Maybe a year suspension in some instances. But that's like a slap in the wrist

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFL endorses sports app betting for the $$
Then suspends players for using app.
Irony.

But yeah, guy is an idiot, no arguments from me. Everyone that bet on NFL games was fired immediatly, not much you can do but move on. I don't think this is the last of this, I expect more to follow. I don't think these players realize that when they use their phone for making sports wagers their location services is on, and it can be pinpointed to where the wager was placed. From what I understand ( I don't use one) this is a neccessity for the sports apps as this is not legal in all states.

Not that it matters, but it does have me question how the NFL found out about it. Are the sports apps self reporting? And if so, are they reporting everything? But every NFL franchise has signs posted for the players informing them they can not place sports wagers while on the premises.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
NFL endorses sports app betting for the $$
Then suspends players for using app.
Irony.

But yeah, guy is an idiot, no arguments from me. Everyone that bet on NFL games was fired immediatly, not much you can do but move on. I don't think this is the last of this, I expect more to follow. I don't think these players realize that when they use their phone for making sports wagers their location services is on, and it can be pinpointed to where the wager was placed. From what I understand ( I don't use one) this is a neccessity for the sports apps as this is not legal in all states.

Not that it matters, but it does have me question how the NFL found out about it. Are the sports apps self reporting? And if so, are they reporting everything? But every NFL franchise has signs posted for the players informing them they can not place sports wagers while on the premises.
They probably got ratted out by someone in the front office that was fired for the same reason. But yes, you have to have location services on with these apps. Some now won’t accept any entries if they detect a VPN connection too. It would be funny if Detroit tried to cover this up but got busted by a rat. Which means Detroit would have more penalties coming.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He did not bet on NFL games, so the NFL sees it as a lesser offense.
It’s been proven time and again you’re not really a Lions fan. Why keep up the bit?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They probably got ratted out by someone in the front office that was fired for the same reason. But yes, you have to have location services on with these apps. Some now won’t accept any entries if they detect a VPN connection too. It would be funny if Detroit tried to cover this up but got busted by a rat. Which means Detroit would have more penalties coming.
I am saying I would not be surprised if more teams/players get slapped eventually. Not sure how someone in the FO would be aware of what or if the players are doing it. On the plus side, I think Detroit now has an additional 10 mil in cap space, if what i heard was correct.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I get why the policy is in place with betting on NFL games. But the rule about placing bets in team facilities on other sports is a little arbitrary IMO. That said, if you know the policy, pretty fucking stupid to not simply place your wagers off site.
Especially since these facilities are all part of a league that has become basically in the pocket of the gaming industry over the last three or so years.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It’s been proven time and again you’re not really a Lions fan. Why keep up the bit?
I’ve never understood someone pretending to be a Lions fan. It’s like pretending to be a pedophile.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I’ve never understood someone pretending to be a Lions fan. It’s like pretending to be a pedophile.
That might be a tad harsh even though I find him incredibly annoying.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dislike Detroit for many reasons, and I relish in the schadenfreude. If I'm completely honest I'm a little nervous though.. I hope no current Bears got wrapped-up into this.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Absolutely they are. For the gaming industry the biggest worry is that you get a scandal like the Black Sox that gets Congress to ban all of this shit (which honestly never should've been legalized in the first place). By reporting these guys they stay at least a half step ahead of a lot of the scandal which can threaten their shitty little business.

As for the signs and warnings, NFL players are dumber than rocks usually. And it sounds like the Lions just didn't give a fuck on top of that. There are signs on all the Chicagoland expressways that you can't go over fifty-five miles per hour, how's that one working out?

Montucky

Liked Posts: