NFL Suspends Idiots

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
what ever dude it was not a slam on Jordan.
Jameson placed a bet on March madness, from what I understand.
Big fucking deal.........
The NFL is run by hypocrits.
No argument here. Really don’t understand why it matters if they are 500feet from the facility.

Canth

Liked Posts:
No argument here. Really don’t understand why it matters if they are 500feet from the facility.

My assumption is that they think that keeps it from becoming a culture within the facility which can eventually lead to where players and staff start making wagers on NFL games using insider information or something similar.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My assumption is that they think that keeps it from becoming a culture within the facility which can eventually lead to where players and staff start making wagers on NFL games using insider information or something similar.
Good point

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Says a lot about the environment that team cultivates. Expect more lions suspensions to come this season
We should all be looking over our shoulders, this can happen to any team. The Loins juat do bad good! Not only losing 4 players but multiple staff!

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It’s a well known secret that when Michael Vick got busted for dogfighting, he fell on the sword for a lot of athletes/owners and other powerful people.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because he didn't bet on Football. It is being reported that he was at or near the Lion's facility when he placed a bet on March Madness. If he would of drove out of the parking lot, a couple of miles, then it would of been fine. So really he got caught on a technically.

That isnt a technicallity. That is the actual rule.

You can pay for sex with a whore in Nevada legally. You do it in a church in Chicago and it is illegal.

what ever dude it was not a slam on Jordan.
Jameson placed a bet on March madness, from what I understand.
Big fucking deal.........
The NFL is run by hypocrits.

It isnt a big deal but he will still miss 6 games because he and the team are morons. Have to be really stupid to not ensure everyone knows this rule and follow it. The fact multiple players and coaches got fucked over this just shows how poorly run an org the Lions are if the 31 years without a playoff win didnt convince you.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

You can pay for sex with a whore in Nevada legally. You do it in a church in Chicago
It’s looked down upon with a prostitute but not with altar boys. I think they even make you something called a “priest.” Whatever that is

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
That's not the point

Totally fine to for these players to place their non football sports wagers 500 yards away from the team facility at a 7-11.......

But completely illegal to place that same wager inside the facility?

As he mentioned; pretty arbitrary.

Wonder if this also applies to any kind of pools like March madness or world cup pools??
If money changes hands...................yes it would.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ahhhh, so then that 500' is very important? If it is so important, why does the NFL allow Sponsorship from these sports wagering apps?

Canth

Liked Posts:
ahhhh, so then that 500' is very important? If it is so important, why does the NFL allow Sponsorship from these sports wagering apps?

I think people are getting too caught up in the 500' reference. The reality is that they don't want the wagers to be done on team property. Same idea as smokers nowadays. Numerous corporations have banned smoking from their facility, so now people have to walk to just outside the facility grounds to feed their addiction. Same deal.

As far as why the NFL allows sports wagering sponsorships? After they lost the court battle(s) to try and keep gambling out of the business, they immediately pivoted to exploiting it as much as they can. Newsflash: the NFL is in it for the money. The owners, as a group, care about making money first, second, third, and everything else is tertiary.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You can pay for sex with a whore in Nevada legally. You do it in a church in Chicago and it is illegal.

It isnt a big deal but he will still miss 6 games because he and the team are morons. Have to be really stupid to not ensure everyone knows this rule and follow it. The fact multiple playerd and coaches got fucked over this just shows how poorly run an org the Lions are if the 31 years without a playoff win didnt convince you.
Oh blow it out your ass. It regards to league scandals, PED's, Owners visiting underage and illegal brothels, Tampering in yachts, forcing yourself on women, hitting women, this is a big nothing burger.

BearDown2023

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Toronto Raptors
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh blow it out your ass. It regards to league scandals, PED's, Owners visiting underage and illegal brothels, Tampering in yachts, forcing yourself on women, hitting women, this is a big nothing burger.

Relatively speaking, to you this crime is not a big deal...

But objectively speaking...F the Lions

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Can you read? I literally said it is not a big deal. However the Lions are still morons for getting suspended for something they could easily avoid and everyone knows is a rule.

2 things can be true. This is not a big deal. The Lions players and coaches suspended are fucking morons. That is all.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's crazy to see how much companies like FanDuel have taken foothold in the NFL over the years. Fun fact, I was one of the original consultants for FanDuel before they had received their first round of seed funding and no one had heard of them. There were like 10 people total, including employees and consultants.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
You like to blow J Wills fingers out of your ass.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's crazy to see how much companies like FanDuel have taken foothold in the NFL over the years. Fun fact, I was one of the original consultants for FanDuel before they had received their first round of seed funding and no one had heard of them. There were like 10 people total, including employees and consultants.
Whatever nerd