NFL's most fireable coaches after Week 3

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Bears owners are right on top of this. They're going to spring into action by conducting a 4-month long search for a talent agency that will then conduct a 9-month in-depth study of the options about whether to replace Flus or not. They will then schedule a meeting with ownership and present their findings a month after concluding the research. Ownership will then pounce on the new information and immediately make their decision within 3-4 months of the meeting.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For the "Justin Fields is starting to reach his potential with the Pittsburgh Steelers" crowd

Can someone explain to me why the Steelers are dead last in the NFL in offensive touchdowns?
Start a thread on it. This is a thread regarding coaching hot seats and somehow Fields just has to be brought up in it.

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
The Bears keep firing people, and yet nothing much changes.

My guess is that Eberflus is in no immediate danger.

Not too often that a HC gets the ax after three games...It's just something to write about.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Flus isn’t getting fired unless things get really bad. The McCaskeys don’t fire coaches mid-year. No idea why. If they win 5-6 games he should be gone but with the McCaskeys no one really ever knows. I hate, hate the idea of making a change in CW’s 2nd year but I am about ready to give up on Flus. Well, see how things go in the next 6 weeks or so. But, on the other hand, Flus didn’t put this OL together, either. Poles needs to newer to that failure.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Flus probably has more job security than a lot of 2-1 coaches.

Bears fans keep forgetting that the person who makes this decision is the same person who decided to retain Pace and Nagy because of how impressed he was by their leadership and collaboration during a pathetic six game losing streak.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The Bears keep firing people, and yet nothing much changes.

My guess is that Eberflus is in no immediate danger.

Not too often that a HC gets the ax after three games...It's just something to write about.
Nobody thinks Eberflus is getting fired in season. If they do, they are an idiot.

Just heard a good quip about Eberflus being the 6th best HC in the NFCN. It'd be funnier if it wasn't so accurate

DB012031

Liked Posts:

Bears fans keep forgetting that the person who makes this decision is the same person who decided to retain Pace and Nagy because of how impressed he was by their leadership and collaboration during a pathetic six game losing streak.

Matt Fing Nagy....This guy has a golden horseshoe up his ass (and I say this as a Bears fan that has lived in KC for 20 years). He was a shit HC with the Bears, gets fired, NO ONE would touch him but the Chiefs for a reunion. And then, cherry on the top, Chiefs offense since he returned has not been good either. Yes, they are winning games but this isn't the same offense the past season+ despite the Superbowl win.

How do guys like this keep getting chances.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nagy, believe it or not also had a winning record. Playoff appearance. Yes, it was defense but so was most of Lovie's tenure. Fluser owns a franchise worst 14 game losing streak. If they go on an extended losing streak I can definitely see him getting canned after the year is over.

Liked Posts:
This can’t be serious. He just signed an extension
It's not serious, but it was the topic du jour for the Kap & J.Hood Show for much of last season. They speculated that Eberfuls would get fired, the Steelers would fire Tomlin, and then Tomlin would decide he'd want to join the Bears organization. It made no sense, but at least Kap finally shut up once Pittsburgh clinched a playoff spot.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's not serious, but it was the topic du jour for the Kap & J.Hood Show for much of last season. They speculated that Eberfuls would get fired, the Steelers would fire Tomlin, and then Tomlin would decide he'd want to join the Bears organization. It made no sense, but at least Kap finally shut up once Pittsburgh clinched a playoff spot.
Good grief. This is why I don’t listen to sports radio

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
I suspect fans and the media think Flus' seat is hotter than it actually is. Barring a complete disaster I think the Bears want Caleb to have at least 2 years in the same O.
Yep, I agree with this. This is why I wanted Flus gone last season before we drafted a new QB. It would have made way too much sense for the Bears last off season to pair a new HC with a new rookie QB.

Reactions: Myk

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Honestly, how much blame is on Flus for the poor OLine play or is it more Poles and his lack of addressing the issue properly

He needs to go because he has zero fucking clue on how to handle timeouts, challenges and game situations. He’s a discount dollar store head coach that is clearly unqualified for the job.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I suspect fans and the media think Flus' seat is hotter than it actually is. Barring a complete disaster I think the Bears want Caleb to have at least 2 years in the same O.

I think you’re right but also believe doubling down is the worse decision in the long run. Get Caleb an offensive mind that can develop him as soon as possible. Flus/Waldron ain’t it. Herbert has been fine with multiple OCs. Tua got better with McDaniel. Kyler looks great with a new staff.

Don’t stick with known shit for continuity sake. Fix the fucking problem.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So are we done with yards now?
My worry is he didn't fire him last year. It could be a VJJ thing for who knows what reason.

Uhh, because all he does is win???
I guess those goal posts have now been moved.
Make up your mind, do you require the QB to get Ws or do you require stats? I'm pretty sure if he did get the stats they would be claimed to be garbage time.

What it comes down to is the team, the organization. Like I've said for the last 3 QBs you can win with them. Except this organization can't win with anyone. They don't play to player strengths, they don't build to score they build to defend.

It would be fair for you to explain how Pittsburgh is able to have a defensive team and still have enough offense to win while that recipe seems to have eluded the McCaskey Bears.

"There are QBs you can win with, and there are QBs you can win because of.".

Ryan Poles.