Nick Foles Trade Rumors

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
If the Beats can trade Foles, this off-season would be a huge success which is such a wild swing of events from how their off-season started.

Realistically though, if they can’t trade him it’s not really a big deal

greg23

Liked Posts:
I obviously can’t give a 100% accurate answer but I can list some guys who I believe could have succeeded just as much as Foles with the Eagles offense. Guys who have had similar careers as Foles.

Jimmy Garoppolo
Matt Moore
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Case Keenum
Matt Schaub
Matt Cassel
I'm no nick fools fan...but

Has Matt Moore ever win a playoff game
Ditto for fitzpatrick
Didn't fools dump truck keenum that year in the nfc title game
Has Matt Schaub ever not thrown 5 int in a playoff game
Matt cassell....thats funny

Fools was blah replacing Wentz most of that regular season and vs atl in the 1st playoff game but was.lights out vs the queens and pats in the nfc title and super bowl

That said.....he's not a guy you want leading a team for an extended period but has the ability to get hot in the short term and has shown he can do it in playoff football......are the jets anywhere neat that level right now?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I'm no nick fools fan...but

Has Matt Moore ever win a playoff game
Ditto for fitzpatrick
Didn't fools dump truck keenum that year in the nfc title game
Has Matt Schaub ever not thrown 5 int in a playoff game
Matt cassell....thats funny

Fools was blah replacing Wentz most of that regular season and vs atl in the 1st playoff game but was.lights out vs the queens and pats in the nfc title and super bowl

That said.....he's not a guy you want leading a team for an extended period but has the ability to get hot in the short term and has shown he can do it in playoff football......are the jets anywhere neat that level right now?
The guys I listed were very comparable to Foles in the regular season. You are right, Foles was lights out in the playoffs. How do you know the guys I listed wouldn’t have been successful in the playoffs with that Eagles offense? We don’t know but I’m using other QBs comparable to Foles. I will always stand by my opinion that other backup QBs like Foles could have gotten the job done.

greg23

Liked Posts:
The guys I listed were very comparable to Foles in the regular season. You are right, Foles was lights out in the playoffs. How do you know the guys I listed wouldn’t have been successful in the playoffs with that Eagles offense? We don’t know but I’m using other QBs comparable to Foles. I will always stand by my opinion that other backup QBs like Foles could have gotten the job done.

Fools had a few pretty good regular seasons in small sample sizes

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He will not be cut. They save $0 and he becomes a larger cap hit in 2021.
Next year Dalton is gone and Foles may even be retained as the vet back up as cutting him then only saves $3M, which will not get you an even servicable back up QB.
That is likely an option if they simply cannot move him and must eat all the money.

Can you imagine how much the offense would change if Foles had to come in for Fields… it would be literally 2 different playbooks.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think that the issue is why he choose Foles, and then Dalton, the issue is why did Pace pay what he did? It's not the players so much it is the contracts Pace gave them. Overpaid for both.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think that the issue is why he choose Foles, and then Dalton, the issue is why did Pace pay what he did? It's not the players so much it is the contracts Pace gave them. Overpaid for both.
Dalton is in the ballpark.

The Foles contract is hall of fame bad.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What did Dalton make last year?
2.5, but he took a small deal so he could live at home with his family during Covid. He was also a guaranteed backup.

No one, who is realistically inline to start a season is signing for 2.5,

2.5 is Mitch Trubisky money.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
5 million is good backup money, you were not getting someone as your presumed starter for less than that.

Tyrod got one year worth up to 12, I think 7 base.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fitz got 1 year 10

1 year 10 is what Cutler signed for in Miami when he came out of retirement.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
5 million is good backup money, you were not getting someone as your presumed starter for less than that.

Tyrod got one year worth up to 12, I think 7 base.
Dalton was always destined to be a half a season bridge, even if the Bears did not luck into Fields, Pace would have taken a shot on the best Qb available. It was his only chance to save his ass.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nick Mullens, who was rumoured to be a veteran the Jets were looking at, signed with the Eagles.

That could be a small positive.
They cleared cap room yesterday! Extending crowder.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
He wasnt that good before either. He has kind of always been just a guy. A game manager really but with exceptional arm talent. But he was kind of a decent option for a team like the Ravens that focused on ancient football blueprints for winning.
His run that year in the Super Bowl, was actually predictable. His MO leading up to the 2012 championship was to play poor or average during the regular season, relying on the blueprint you speak of (Run the ball and have great defense), but his playoff results have been pretty good.

However what he did during the Playoffs that year was magic in a bottle, never to be captured again.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
2.5, but he took a small deal so he could live at home with his family during Covid. He was also a guaranteed backup.

No one, who is realistically inline to start a season is signing for 2.5,

2.5 is Mitch Trubisky money.
Problem is you sign the guy at back up plus money to be, by the GM's word, the QB1. He is basically saying, you really suck and shouldn't play unless a competent QB gets injured, but we are going to give you twice what you are worth to make you the lowest paid non rookie deal QB starter in the NFL.

That was Pace's grand plan until ATL, DET, CAR, and DEN all fucked themselves hard.

He had a shitty starter above average backup in Foles and then signed a shitty starter above average backup in Dalton. Pointless waste of cap space.