Nick Foles Trade Rumors

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They did! And like I said, a lot of backup QBs could have won behind that o line. The Eagles didn’t win that Super Bowl because of Foles.

He had a 115 passer rating in the playoffs and put up 373 yards against the Patriots in the SB. Let's give him credit for being on fire that year.

Some guys are still a little in denial about Nagy's incompetence, and Fields will have to overcome that too...in his rookie year.

Fields could really struggle - just like all Nagy's QBs have. There can be multiple problems when your offense is as putrid as the Bears.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you wouldn't be interested in actually signing him just insulting him ?
We could negotiate, but if Trubisky is worth 2.5m and is younger, more versatile, and out played him. Then what is Foles worth? Plus Foles is still getting paid from the Bears, and I bet not many people are lining up to sign him.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
We could negotiate, but if Trubisky is worth 2.5m and is younger, more versatile, and out played him. Then what is Foles worth? Plus Foles is still getting paid from the Bears, and I bet not many people are lining up to sign him.

What Trubisky is worth has little to do with what Foles worth ? Foles has proven he can come off the bench and win playoff games what has Mitch proven exactly ?

Did Mitch outplay him or did Mitch have the benefit of playing with better run production and against non playoff teams ?

We lost to the Saints 26-23in OT with Foles with receivers slap boxing midfield

With Mitch they owned and we lost 21-9

If we cut Foles now he would have his suitors just as Glennon, Mitch, Hoyer and all the other players that Bears fans convinced themselves into believing would never play for another team did .

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If I was interested in Foles I would wait til he is cut then give him a 1 year 1 mil offer.
He will not be cut. They save $0 and he becomes a larger cap hit in 2021.
Next year Dalton is gone and Foles may even be retained as the vet back up as cutting him then only saves $3M, which will not get you an even servicable back up QB.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
You sound crazy who are you talking about ?

Mike Glennon ? Matt Barkley ? Hoyer ? Please tell us who could've won all those playoff games and the SB MVP ?

What backups in 2016 could've won in that system ? Outside of Mahomes Foles is the only guy to win in that system but yeah a lot of those backups that we apparently wouldn't bother to sign couldve won a SB if only they had a good Oline .
Reminds me of Flacco actually. Completely garbage qbs that managed a nice streak of incredible play to win a SB

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
What Trubisky is worth has little to do with what Foles worth ? Foles has proven he can come off the bench and win playoff games what has Mitch proven exactly ?

Did Mitch outplay him or did Mitch have the benefit of playing with better run production and against non playoff teams ?

We lost to the Saints 26-23in OT with Foles with receivers slap boxing midfield

With Mitch they owned and we lost 21-9

If we cut Foles now he would have his suitors just as Glennon, Mitch, Hoyer and all the other players that Bears fans convinced themselves into believing would never play for another team did .
That first saints game we gave away too. There's no reason we didn't win that. I was pretty pissed after that game

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Reminds me of Flacco actually. Completely garbage qbs that managed a nice streak of incredible play to win a SB

Flaaco is what some of you wrongly envision Dalton to be someone who made the playoff multiple years but won a playoff game game but sadly Dalton has never won one . The Ravens were a playoff team multiple years with Flaaco and the year he won it he didnt go on a offensive tear they just made more timey plays than they had been making as they scored slightly more than what they had been averaging the years before .

We brought Foles in under dire circumstances and then didn't give the guy one ounce of help .

Couldnt block
Couldn't run
receivers fight midfield
Patterson as a featured back

Foles is is not a star but he was sold a bag of dicks by the Bears because they surely didn't bring him in and put him the in the best situation to succeed that you can and no way anybody can say the Bears did that with Foles and now hes the scapegoat.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
People completely understate how great Flacco was in that SB run.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It was incredible because he's been pretty consistently bad ever since
He wasnt that good before either. He has kind of always been just a guy. A game manager really but with exceptional arm talent. But he was kind of a decent option for a team like the Ravens that focused on ancient football blueprints for winning.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
You sound crazy who are you talking about ?

Mike Glennon ? Matt Barkley ? Hoyer ? Please tell us who could've won all those playoff games and the SB MVP ?

What backups in 2016 could've won in that system ? Outside of Mahomes Foles is the only guy to win in that system but yeah a lot of those backups that we apparently wouldn't bother to sign couldve won a SB if only they had a good Oline .
I obviously can’t give a 100% accurate answer but I can list some guys who I believe could have succeeded just as much as Foles with the Eagles offense. Guys who have had similar careers as Foles.

Jimmy Garoppolo
Matt Moore
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Case Keenum
Matt Schaub
Matt Cassel

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He had a 115 passer rating in the playoffs and put up 373 yards against the Patriots in the SB. Let's give him credit for being on fire that year.

Some guys are still a little in denial about Nagy's incompetence, and Fields will have to overcome that too...in his rookie year.

Fields could really struggle - just like all Nagy's QBs have. There can be multiple problems when your offense is as putrid as the Bears.
I’m not putting Foles down on his play during that stretch. He played very well. All I’m saying is he had a lucky stretch on a great offense and overall team. Along with that, other back ups could have performed well and possibly won the super bowl with that Eagles team too. When Foles hasn’t been with that phenomenal Eagles offense, he’s been awful.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Part of Nagy's problem is sequencing and the other part is wanting to run things that his QBs can't. The 2nd part is fixed.