Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I remember watching the game specifically thinking that 2 passes were sure picks if Eddy had been playing and 1 of them was in the red zone. He was so dynamic in 2018 that IMO if he plays the Bears never would’ve had to rely on Parkey. Wasn’t Callahan out as well?

Regardless the D played well that day but Trubs was shit until the 4th quarter.
Why I put the blame on Nagy. He was not calling a game for Mitch to succeed and stuck with the TE primary game plan with Shaheen.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I couldn't give a fuck between the two. That's like asking which do you prefer for dinner, dog shit or cat shit?

Dalton was an average QB 5 years ago that has been a loser for the last 5 seasons. His passer rating the last 3 years has ranked 26,32,25.

Foles is a has been that found lightening in a bottle on a few occasions.
I have a hard time defending him because I never liked him, even when he was making Pro Bowls but he's better to have here than Foles.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Trade Dalton- save 2.5 million

Trade Foles-save 12 million

It matters who we trade.
You act as if other teams don't factor in that they would be guaranteeing to pay Foles $4M this season and $8M next and Dalton is only $2.5 M this season. Cat's out of the bag, other teams understand cap implications as well.

What a fucking moron Pace would look like to give AD $7.5 M to just show up to OTA's. That is why he is going no where and Foles contract is decent this year but fucked next. Chicago would need to pay some of the roster bonus off this season to get a team to bite, unless someone gets real desperate.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You act as if other teams don't factor in that they would be guaranteeing to pay Foles $4M this season and $8M next and Dalton is only $2.5 M this season. Cat's out of the bag, other teams understand cap implications as well.

What a fucking moron Pace would look like to give AD $7.5 M to just show up to OTA's. That is why he is going no where and Foles contract is decent this year but fucked next. Chicago would need to pay some of the roster bonus off this season to get a team to bite, unless someone gets real desperate.
They would probably rather trade for Dalton, but the Bears shouldn't trade him.

If Foles is the only guy available, that is who teams can trade for.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trading for Foles absolutely made sense before the trade was made. We can all go off of hindsight now and say it didn't work out and ended up a bad trade and some of you didn't like even before he played a game for us, but that doesn't mean that taking a shot on him didn't make sense.

We got the contract restructured to where if it did work out then we had a starting QB on a great deal. Whether anyone likes hearing it the guy did win a Super Bowl in the same type of system and that's a fact. I bet if i went back and checked the threads i would see some people talking differently after he came into that Atlanta game, that we were down big in, and made a great comeback win for us.

The trade is bad now and i hope we can get rid of him but wasn't bad when it was first made.

The trade made zero sense. He became abackup in Jax because he lost his starting job, he had an awful cap hit, Jax probably was going to cut him and take the hit and he has always sucked except that one stint

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The trade made zero sense. He became abackup in Jax because he lost his starting job, he had an awful cap hit, Jax probably was going to cut him and take the hit and he has always sucked except that one stint
Desperation leads to bad decisions. It is true at 2 am when the bar shuts down and it is even more true in free agency.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Patience has not generally been a trait of Pace especially at the qb position.

However, I will say that in regards to Foles last year, we should not overlook the fact that they were staring into a great big unknown with the pandemic. I have to think that played a large part with making that particular move. They had to have believed that his familiarity with the Reid style offense would allow him to get up to get up to speed quickly and be able to effectively execute the offense. Prior to 2020, Foles had spent two years directly with Reid and then 2 years in Philly with Pederson and he had generally done better in that offense than other offenses although his best year was with Chip Kelly.

I don't think anyone expected Foles to set the world on fire. The expectation was that his experience would allow the offense to at least function at maybe an average NFL level. Just being able to do that would represent a big upgrade. It obviously didn't work out that way.

Hell, even the Dalton signing was again just the Bears hoping to get to maybe an average NFL offense. Lucking into Fields is still mind-blowing for what that could mean for the Bears organization: that someday the Bears could have
-gasp- an above average offense.

Last 3 years offense & defense info via

YearPoints ForPoints AgainstPoint DeltaOff Rank - ptsOff Rank - ydsDef Rank - ptsDef Rank - yds
2019280298-18292948

Geezer

Liked Posts:
I don’t need a long explanation here….I’ll take the guy (Dalton) who has consistently been a starting NFL QB and put up consistent numbers.

Ive said it about Foles before, and will say it again. He’s a horrible QB who got a lucky stint with the Eagles. He played on a very good Eagles team that a lot of back up QBs could have succeeded with.

Let me ask you this….How come Foles has never been a consistent starting QB in this league? Why has he never replicated his SB numbers since 2013? The way you talk him up, he should be a HOF player.
That Philadelphia team had an outstanding O line! It went into the tank when their players moved on to other teams or
retired.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's really simple. Mitch was headed out the door and all Pace had was Foles. With Fields only being a fantasy at the time, he had to get somebody....no way he would open the season with Foles as his guy. Dalton was one of the last guys standing. Never liked him as a QB but I get why Pace did it. In retrospect, it probably wasn't the best move but there's no way to know that the pieces would all fall in place to make Fields a reality.

BTW, I still feel that the Bears will figure a way to get Foles to the Jets.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If it isn't literally the worst as @WindyCity says in his post then what in your opinion was even worst than Nick Foles when Pace literally could have had Andy Dalton for more reasonworthy terms than Nick Foles? Put up or shut up!
Andy Dalton was not available until a full month after he signed Foles. There was no guarantee Dalton was going to be available at that time.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
That Philadelphia team had an outstanding O line! It went into the tank when their players moved on to other teams or
retired.
They did! And like I said, a lot of backup QBs could have won behind that o line. The Eagles didn’t win that Super Bowl because of Foles.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Andy Dalton was not available until a full month after he signed Foles. There was no guarantee Dalton was going to be available at that time.

It was well known that Dalton was going to be gone. It was either via trade or release.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Nick Mullens, who was rumoured to be a veteran the Jets were looking at, signed with the Eagles.

That could be a small positive.
Wtf are the Jets doing? It's incredibly stupid they haven't brought in a vet qb yet. Mullens would have made a lot of sense with them too

Matt Moore and Matt Barkley are the only FAs left that would be decent vet backups for them. In looking at the FA list it is incredible how many good players are still available. I wouldn't mind Geno Atkins or Kawann Short for a year at reduced snap counts in place of Hicks if it meant we could get a player like Nelson or Moses as well.

Last edited:

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
After Foles getting completely outplayed by Trubisky last season, I don't see how any team could want to add Foles to their roster with any significant salary.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
They did! And like I said, a lot of backup QBs could have won behind that o line. The Eagles didn’t win that Super Bowl because of Foles.

You sound crazy who are you talking about ?

Mike Glennon ? Matt Barkley ? Hoyer ? Please tell us who could've won all those playoff games and the SB MVP ?

What backups in 2016 could've won in that system ? Outside of Mahomes Foles is the only guy to win in that system but yeah a lot of those backups that we apparently wouldn't bother to sign couldve won a SB if only they had a good Oline .

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After Foles getting completely outplayed by Trubisky last season, I don't see how any team could want to add Foles to their roster with any significant salary.
If I was interested in Foles I would wait til he is cut then give him a 1 year 1 mil offer.