No idea why Daniels isn't staring at C...cody whitewho?

jbd

Liked Posts:
Myself and my father are lifelong Bears and Hawkeyes fans...Daniels was a helluva center for iowa. I dont recall many bad snaps from him at all. Iowa head coach kirk ferentz has 30 plus years coaching experience and was quoted saying that daniels is the best CENTER prospect he has ever coached..that is definitely saying something as ferentz been involved with olinemen for many, many years.

Whitehair has been struggling with snap consistency ever since he started playing center..he was a good guard in college..Daniels was a dominant center in college..Hopefully the bears come to their senses and plug Daniels in at c where he belongs and move whitehead back to guard where he belongs...cmon bears..it's not fucking rocket science!

Am I wrong?

GO BEARS!

Reactions: Myk

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Myself and my father are lifelong Bears and Hawkeyes fans...Daniels was a helluva center for iowa. I dont recall many bad snaps from him at all. Iowa head coach kirk ferentz has 30 plus years coaching experience and was quoted saying that daniels is the best CENTER prospect he has ever coached..that is definitely saying something as ferentz been involved with olinemen for many, many years.

Whitehair has been struggling with snap consistency ever since he started playing center..he was a good guard in college..Daniels was a dominant center in college..Hopefully the bears come to their senses and plug Daniels in at c where he belongs and move whitehead back to guard where he belongs...cmon bears..it's not fucking rocket science!

Am I wrong?

GO BEARS!

I totally agree with what you are saying and don't get what their seeing either. In my mind, Whitehair has already failed as a snapper, we drafted a center, so lets move on. Actually, he was moved to tackle at Kansas State and that become his major position, and moved to guard by the Bears, and moved to center due to injuries. This should be a no brainer.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I’ve heard Whitehair is an all-pro.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Am I wrong?

GO BEARS!
Grey bush was a tackle in college FTR.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He's a rookie thats still learning. Preseason is only half over, so it may change yet. And Trubisky seems to prefer Whitehair...the QB should have at least a partial say in that.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
I'm more concerned why Kush is in the starting lineup instead of a young, promising early 2nd rounder.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I heard you like to tackle grey bush
Shouldn't you be busy concocting a plan to steal innocent people's money through the internet rather than making poor attempts at messing with me?

Besides, why in the world are you so interested in my preferences?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm more concerned why Kush is in the starting lineup instead of a young, promising early 2nd rounder.

Why? If Kush is the better player at this point then he should be playing. Having numerous quality options is a good thing cause we'll need them throughout the season.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why? If Kush is the better player at this point then he should be playing. Having numerous quality options is a good thing cause we'll need them throughout the season.

Greg Gabriel tweeted a while back that Hiestand is the type of coach that will always play the vet unless the rookie is just hands down better. So that may have something to do with this as well.

jbd

Liked Posts:
I stand corrected regarding whittewho's position in college...On another note....number two rt Coward has looked great...hopefully he makes the team...he is a feel good story and im rooting for him!

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe they haven't moved him because there's more to playing center than snapping the football? :shrug:

Of course there is more to playing center than snapping the ball, but that is a must. The ball was flying all over the place last year, and it is costly. I am assuming that he does more than just snap the ball, otherwise we wouldn't have drafted him, and very early.

All that being said, I do have confidence in our management and Trubisky on this, so see how it plays out. But I am going to flip if a snap goes over Trubisky's head and into the end zone like last year.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I stand corrected regarding whittewho's position in college...On another note....number two rt Coward has looked great...hopefully he makes the team...he is a feel good story and im rooting for him!

Yes, I just happen to watch every Kansas State game, and may I add they just picked up an offensive tackle, 6'9" , 350, and Snyder believes that he has assembled his best team ever, for those of you who play college football futures.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's a rookie thats still learning. Preseason is only half over, so it may change yet. And Trubisky seems to prefer Whitehair...the QB should have at least a partial say in that.

Can you read Trubiniskies mind?

My opinion is that Nagy is keeping Whitehair at center just from a continuity perspective and to bring Daniels up to speed. I think we see a switch at some point this season. I would prefer they do it sooner rather then later.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:

But that's the thing, he's not. Daniels looks better right now and should, in theory, improve with playing time. Kush has had several opportunities in the league, he is a decent backup.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I know PFF is hit or miss on this board but Daniels again graded highly in back to back weeks.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

My opinion is that Nagy is keeping Whitehair at center just from a continuity perspective and to bring Daniels up to speed. I think we see a switch at some point this season. I would prefer they do it sooner rather then later.

He seemed pretty forceful in his defense of Whitehair.

Speed

Liked Posts:

He sounded pretty passionate in his defense of his BFF Cody having issues when the media brought it up, so I assume Cody's gonna get every chance until it starts impacting us in the regular season.

Legaeveth

Liked Posts:
Daniels isn't going to be given the starting Center position until he learns the offense. I am a fan of putting him in at LG to learn faster though. I do agree that Cody regardless of his passion for the team is struggling at snapping the ball. No shame in being a stellar LG once Daniels is spun up.