No idea why Daniels isn't staring at C...cody whitewho?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one that thinks Watford looked better than Kush this weekend?

jonimus

Liked Posts:
If Daniels isn't moved to center this week, then look at our week 5 bye. I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches have this pencilled in as the time to make the move to both transition whitehair to G and Daniels to starting while also giving him more time to prepare/transition/learn this offense and the pro game.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I remember being very happy about the Daniels pick, bc I thought Whitehair would be better at LG. I was told that I was insane bc Whitehair is an all-pro caliber centre.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Shouldn't you be busy concocting a plan to steal innocent people's money through the internet rather than making poor attempts at messing with me?

Besides, why in the world are you so interested in my preferences?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Awwwww don't cry.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If Daniels isn't moved to center this week, then look at our week 5 bye. I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches have this pencilled in as the time to make the move to both transition whitehair to G and Daniels to starting while also giving him more time to prepare/transition/learn this offense and the pro game.

Worked so well the last time a Bears coaching staff had a bye week plan for a rookie who was clearly better than the guy he was sitting behind.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Worked so well the last time a Bears coaching staff had a bye week plan for a rookie who was clearly better than the guy he was sitting behind.

I totally agree. I'm all on onboard making the switch right now. I don't possibly see the logic in this beyond a stubborn O-line coach making a young player earn it when we all know it's going to happen eventually. We're a young team that's going to go through growing pains regardless.. Kush is not a future O-line investment.. Get the best 5 linemen playing together now.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
While I think that's somewhat true about Whitehair, the Bears really are at fault for this issue. Had they made a move earlier for Daniels at Center, it wouldn't look bad on Whitehair like it does now. Also, it's rather strange because the LG is usually the better OL than the Center. Who knows

If true then i would think they'd be smart enough to know how to spin around in a way that it's like J.Daniels isn't looking good enough at LG and is looking good at C and Whitehair is a good enough player to start at either position and play it well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I remember being very happy about the Daniels pick, bc I thought Whitehair would be better at LG. I was told that I was insane bc Whitehair is an all-pro caliber centre.

Rather have Harold Landry rushing the QB with that 2nd round pick.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Who knows? None of us is in the mind of a Matt Nagy and Harry Hiestand.

Probably has nothing to do with it being a bad idea or with them knowing something we don't know (although I'm sure they do know a lot we don't know).

It's probably something as simple as Hiestand doesn't like to start rookies over veterans, or Hiestand doesn't like non-centers making the o-line calls and he thinks Daniels can't make the calls as good as Whitehair.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Cody Whitehair can be a great left guard, he is just a below average center. I really do not understand. When you really go back to look at Whitehair, what happened? He slid to center game 1 of his rookie season, but nobody thinks Daniels, a true center, can do that.

Its just mindboggling. I hate to say it, but even watching Watford getting first team guard snaps is just a head scratcher.

But when you listen to sports radio, and the so called experts, alot of people are worried about what moving Whitehair out of the center position, will make him feel like he is being demoted to guard. I say rip the bandaid off and just fucking do it. He has played enough guard during games, but apparently people are concerned about his mental state moving him off center. I really cannot see Daniels just being a Grasu replacement waiting for an injury with the pick they used on him for a definite need. I think pulling Whitehair from center because of bad snaps is worse than just putting him at his best position.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He can only block who is in front of him. But if you're the coach and the 1st string guy keeps getting his ass handed to him, and is a career backup who has bounced around, while you have a rookie who is doing well against 2nd stringers don't you make the switch to see how he does against 1st team players?

High 2nd round picks play right away, there is no reason Kush should be ahead of him. Makes zero sense.

I don't disagree he should play, it where he should play but using a grade against scrubs isn't telling me much. Do you think Kush loses to backups? Do you think Daniels stones Atkins? It's relative and while PFF grades are meh in the regular season when given on a level playing field, they aren't that important now... unless you're losing to backups.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Far from insane but not a given.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who knows? None of us is in the mind of a Matt Nagy and Harry Hiestand.

Probably has nothing to do with it being a bad idea or with them knowing something we don't know (although I'm sure they do know a lot we don't know).

It's probably something as simple as Hiestand doesn't like to start rookies over veterans, or Hiestand doesn't like non-centers making the o-line calls and he thinks Daniels can't make the calls as good as Whitehair.

Maybe he just prefer Whitehair there or thinks Daniels has all pro potential at G in a year or 2 and don't want to get him stuck at center. I'm OK with however this turns out and don't know what posters think they got this better than our coaches do. I agree that Daniels should crack the starting lineup by Sept but where that is doesn't concern me in the least. Our top T prospect played DT in college. Cody was the top LT there and not a G either. Leno a 7th round pick. On OL, guys migrate and develop a lot when moving to this level and we have one of the best coaches in charge of it. Relax and let it play out.

Besides being VG at his job, Daniels seems very dedicated and smart. I was extremely excited when we drafted him. He'll succeed wherever they play him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Whatever thief. Come at me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hellz no grey bush eater i'm scared of internet tough guys....SMDH.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Why draft a guy so high in the 2nd round unless you have plans of him starting THIS YEAR. I don't care if he plays at C or G, but he damn well needs to be starting sooner rather than later.

Having him practice with the 2's at C tells me the plan has to be to move cody to guard, otherwise this whole thing makes no sense to me.