Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Edmunds

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Nelson

Votes: 52 56.5%

• Total voters

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
My personal opinion is Nelson, Edmund, Ward.
If I were a coach I would ask Hiestand. Hiestand knows more about Nelson than anyone, and could give me the low-down on our current line and possible other lower draft choices. I would get an idea of how much of an upgrade he would be and if he'd fit the system.

Then I'd go to Fangio and talk to him about Edmund/Davenport/Ward. And get his impressions.

Between Scouts and Coaches I'd figure out who truely the "blue-chip" player is and draft them.

Nelson seems the lock but if Hiestand tells me he isn't that much better than what he could coach up for me, or that Nelson is not suited for my offense...
Then that is a game changer.

I give zero-fucks about where you draft a player. Best player available with position of need as a modifier for talent that is close to equal.
Except kickers and long snappers. Fuck them guys. TDs and 2pt conversions all around.

dawags

Liked Posts:
Peeps think our cap is around 27 mil right now. We all want to extend Goldman and Amos. I'm guessing around 10 mil for Goldman and 8 mil for Amos per year might get it done. We also need 5-7 mil for the draft class which brings us to the fringes of cap hell. Goldman is a must extend but Amos has only made 2.5 mil over the last 3 years. He might bet on himself having another good year and reaching for the brass ring in FA next year. Pace may have to let him walk. Fitzpatrick could come into play as the insurance policy against that.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I just say Edmunds because our biggest hole the last two years expecting Freeman and Trevathan to fill the job has been ILB. We have signed guys off the street to play the position. I like Nick Kwiatkowski, dont get me wrong, but he has trouble staying on the field as well.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
not a fan of O-line picks at all

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Out of those 3, i'd definitely take Nelson. Ward a distant 2nd, and Edmunds 5th or 6th...

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The number one priority of this draft should be to get disruption from the front seven. I don't care how get it - DE, OLB, ILB, ect. If we can create more disruption from the front 7, the rest will fall into place on D.

I mean....this is just GENIUS stuff. Bears need to hire me as consultant.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Of the 3 Ward seems to be a no brainer at this point. Would’ve been far more interesting had I put roquan in the conversation over Edmunds.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Genius in the ability to cut to through the plethora of noise and getting down to the fundamental transformative element. That's what I did here. While everyone was talking individual players...I gave you a strategy.

You need to read more of my other posts here and recognize.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...ten-in-categories-from-chicagobears-com/page2

Excellent strategy too. Get 63% of your players on defense to dominate and be awesome. Just groundbreaking stuff.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Still astounded how many peeps were so beyond pumped at the idea of taking a freaking Guard with the eighth pick.

Wait, so everyone who said grab the player that went #6 at #8 were under drafting him. They are stupid for wanting a player that went #6 if he made it to #8. Everyone who wanted Edmunds were over drafting him. They would take a player that went #16 at #8 and they're smart. Is that your story??? Seriously?
(Wasn't the claim that people that wanted a WR who was projected #16 at #8 morons for overdrafting?)

That guard is a freak starting day 1 AND controlling whoever gets near him. Our 2nd round center still can't win a starting position anywhere on the line because he's not understanding the NFL after a full offseason (but any old late rounder can be a guard was the claims). Meanwhile our young QB is getting happy feet and running for his life ingrained in his head behind our iffy oline. That is not a good thing and is probably what most of the people wanting Nelson were trying to fix.

That guard was also picked by a team that does a hell of a lot better building offenses than the Bears have ever done and they have more Super Bowl wins. So perhaps the way to win more is to be more like teams that win more and less like the Bears have always done.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Excellent strategy too. Get 63% of your players on defense to dominate and be awesome. Just groundbreaking stuff.

Hahah...right of course I see what you did... fuck it why not just shoot for 100%, right??? Did you read my other post because it does tie into this one. And I was saying this during the playoffs last year. But I know you're the clueless type that really don't like to give credit but I've been through this with you before.

I remember putting my theory out early in Trestman's 2nd year - like week 2 or 3 - stating that the offense was WAY overrated and was really a middle of the road offense while the media and everyone - including you - was saying it was the 2nd best offense and here are the statistics to prove it. And NO ONE was saying this at the time -- ONLY ME and I presented my refined statistics to prove it.

But still you and some others at the time gave me bunch of shit about it saying how such a QB guru Trestman was and look at the stats ect. But as the season went along I turned out to be 100% GODDAMN RIGHT. And you guys were 100% FUCKING WRONG. I think it was you or some other poster that had the tagline "In Trestman We Trust" in their signature. LOL!!! Talk about having no fucking clue. LOL.

And I remember you were particularly pissed because you were a big Trestman backer and was going on and on about how Trestman was this great QB guru ect. and he developed Jake Plummer Steve Young, ect. But then I presented stats where every QB he coached actually regressed from the year before. LOL. You my friend are a fucking CLUELESS and know absolutely shit about this game. I was right THEN and I am right NOW. So FUCKING RECOGNIZE IT you little PEON!

staleystarch

Liked Posts:
I think at least 3 QB's go and both Chubb and Barkley are gone before #8. There is a good chance that minkah fitzpatrick finds his way into the top 7, and there is also a chance that possibly 4 QB's get drafted before the Bears pick at 8.

A realistic possibility will come down to one of either Denzel Ward, Trumaine Edmunds, or Nelson. If you are Pace who do you take? For me Nelson has to be out of the equation. You don't take a guard at 8, even though I think he will be a great player.

I have been high on Denzel Ward but I am starting to think that it would be hard pass on Edmunds. He has the flexibility to play ILB or OLB. He will find his way on to the field in any of the packages the Bears will be running, and he could potentially develop into one of the best players of the entire draft. I also really love the idea of getting Ward and letting him develop at nickel over the next year or two, and when he is ready he can play as either CB1 or CB2 and be an excellent compliment to play across from Kyle Fuller.

Nelson was my first choice and Smith was my second. So I chose Nelson here

Edit: oops. I did not notice how old this thread was and being too lazy to read the OP I quoted I went by the thread title