**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man I'm telling you, Tonyan is going light it up this year. Yeah we all know what Moore can do, but after Moore, on the wide-receiver side, things are sketch. We should be prepared that:
1. Mooney might take a while to get his groove back (if he does at all this season).
2. I have no idea what we're going to get from Claypool.
3. Tyler Scott has promise but he and Fields have not practiced a lot yet.

That leaves the TEs, and I love Kmet but Tonyan looks like a WR running his routes. He's going to be a mismatch to cover.

Tyler Scott should get plenty of work with Justin when training camp starts

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Man I'm telling you, Tonyan is going light it up this year. Yeah we all know what Moore can do, but after Moore, on the wide-receiver side, things are sketch. We should be prepared that:
1. Mooney might take a while to get his groove back (if he does at all this season).

That leaves the TEs, and I love Kmet but Tonyan looks like a WR running his routes. He's going to be a mismatch to cover.
It is going to come down to who can win their 1-on-1s. Moore is someone who can take double coverage and still win his rep consistently, something we have not had since Brandon Marshall. Everyone else (well, I expect more out of Mooney) should be expected to chip in similar catch totals over the entire season.

So after Moore and Mooney, I am thinking that the target for everyone else down the roster is 30-40 catches (or 2-3 catches a game). Not everyone can hit that target, that is a lot to ask for the fourth receiver right now, but this is just to model what any player can do if the passing offense takes a real step forward.

To that end, Tonyan will be down the depth chart and should get a lot of opportunities to make a splash play - fewer catches than Kmet but a really good average. He is a really good second TE. I would like to see 450 yards out of him (though I dont want to predict TDs until I see what they can do as a unit)

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
When I was young my mom got caught in a rip current and my dad/life guards went to save her. Ever since then I don’t mess with swimming in the ocean. I will make sure my kid and future kids don’t mess with them either.
We live in the Pacific NW and spend 150 days a year by the beach, no matter how many warnings of rip tides
and king tides it happens all the time, not sure why folks are so lame.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Payton!34

Liked Posts:

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
We live in the Pacific NW and spend 150 days a year by the beach, no matter how many warnings of rip tides
and king tides it happens all the time, not sure why folks are so lame.
You are used to them and probably know how to swim in them, but someone that goes once every five years and isn’t a strong swimmer won’t know what to do and panic- boom- dead.

I wished I lived near you!!! Would love to move there some day!

Where exactly do you live? Washington?

Payton!34

Liked Posts:

I don’t agree with all of this but you’re right about Tonyan- I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up with better stats than Kmet- he is a great route runner and a mismatch with his speed that Kmet doesn’t have on the field.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
You are used to them and probably know how to swim in them, but someone that goes once every five years and isn’t a strong swimmer won’t know what to do and panic- boom- dead.

I wished I lived near you!!! Would love to move there some day!

Where exactly do you live? Washington?
Oregon, Portland suburbs with a pace in Cannon Beach one hour away.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights