**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'm looking at the Rotoworld (I refuse to call it NBCSportsEdge) player news and it looked like all of Pollard, Jacobs and Barkley failed to sign long-term extensions. I get why they be mad, but at the same time, your position is the most replaceable in the NFL. I'm not exactly sure why though. What changed so much in the last 10-15 years from the days Cedric Benson was being drafted 4th overall and LaDanian Tomlinson owned the NFL?
I can't claim to know every variable, but I would link it to the interception rate steadily dropping over that period.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I can't claim to know every variable, but I would link it to the interception rate steadily dropping over that period.
Meaning teams are better at passing and therefore less interested in running the ball?

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Meaning teams are better at passing and therefore less interested in running the ball?
Better at passing in one key variable, yes. Passing became less risky with slight modifications to rules and an overall improvement in efficiency (WRT turnovers by the QB). I'm sure there is a lot more to it than I am giving credit for, but this is my observation.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A big congratulations to @Anytime23 on his 1 milly view thread!!
thank you brother. Just another accolade to add to the HOF career.

Imagine being a hater like @dabears70 who was so mad when I started this thread. Now look at it! The most successful thread in CCS Bears history.

Lots of people to thank along the way but let’s just keep it moving.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I feel bad for all of the rb’s in this league for the lack of respect they get nowadays in terms of money and longevity. Teams aren’t even signing guys these days who are 28 or so.

I understand it’s a passing league but with the punishment these guys endure at their position, it’s a bit unfair that receivers make 4-5 times or more their salary.

It’s almost like the RB’s get only their rookie contracts and then teams are moving on unless you have a top 3-5 or so rb. It’s not really good for football in my opinion.
I agree and just read that the young RB, Robinson in Washington is wanting to move/play outside, guess he sees it as well.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Could you imagine if the Bears got MH jr and TE Bowers in the first round next year?????? Woa

Disclaimer: I’m not saying that’s what we need to do or should do but it would be fun!!!
If Fields is the guy.

Fun to think about
Awesome!!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I agree and just read that the young RB, Robinson in Washington is wanting to move/play outside, guess he sees it as well.
Robinson was mediocre at Alabama. Can’t imagine he would be much better playing receiver

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Give Ngakoue a 2-year deal. Guarantee 1 year. He'll jump at it at this point. He's a literal lock for 8+ sacks.
Yep.............65 career sacks, 135 QB hits, 21 FF, Ngakoue may not be good against the run, but he damn well gets to the QB.