**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Pretty certain it was just last year ('22 draft). I remember wanting the bears to get him. Thought he'd be a really solid 3T.

@rawdawg was a big fan as well if I remember correctly
Yeah, I had him as a late 1st round talent as a 3-tech, and he went in the early 4th.

I guess you guys should be happy I'm not the GM, because I'd have picked him over Brisker (would have taken Pickens over Gordon though).

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Yeah, I had him as a late 1st round talent as a 3-tech, and he went in the early 4th.

I guess you guys should be happy I'm not the GM, because I'd have picked him over Brisker (would have taken Pickens over Gordon though).

No one can get them all right. I always like to admit how I whiffed on Josh Allen when he was coming out of college. Saw him play in person against Nebraska and that Nebraska defense was dogshit. He played terribly, didn't even look like an NFL prospect during that game. Now he's an MVP candidate.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Given they signed Watson, that seems a bit premature for a guy drafted last year.

I thought so too (given the Watson signing). I googled him because I've never heard of him and an article I found had him back in April working on his 5th chance with the team and they didn't release him. Turns out it's 6 strikes and you're out if that article was accurate.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought so too (given the Watson signing). I googled him because I've never heard of him and an article I found had him back in April working on his 5th chance with the team and they didn't release him. Turns out it's 6 strikes and you're out if that article was accurate.

That has more details. Basically a girl that claims to know him spotted him and called out to him and he didn't respond. She called him a pussy and he then freaked out and went after her and apparently smacked her on the neck and took her cell phone which is where the aggravated robbery charge comes in.

Back in April he alleged grabbed the hand of a girl he was dating but those charges were dropped once he completed an intervention program. But yes the Browns told him to get his shit together.

It is just weird that they cut him after however many strikes but were fine with the 30 strikes or so Watson had given all the women he allegedly assault. So much so that they gave him 250m but cut a dud making 1.1m.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Given they signed Watson, that seems a bit premature for a guy drafted last year.

Bears do have first waiver claim and he would cost around 8k a year if they picked him up with no guaranteed money so could easily cut him if the allegations of him having a gun are true.
Possibly your all time bad take and that includes the one where you stated Trubisky had the advantage over D Watson of not being a starter for 2 of his 3years.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Possibly your all time bad take and that includes the one where you stated Trubisky had the advantage over D Watson of not being a starter for 2 of his 3years.

Are you dense. Whatever Winfrey did does not compare to giving Watson 250m for 30 potential sexual assaults at least 2 of which allegedly rose to the level of rape. 30 victims > 2 victims. The point is if you going to take a moral stand then Watson should not be a Browns player.

And not sure what you are talking about. I had Watson over Trubisky in that draft and used to fight with @msadows over it which he can attest to.

P.S. Note he did not go crazy for no reason. Per the police report and the witness that was with this lady, he was crazy because she called him a pussy. That by no means justifies what he did but it also is not no reason. Perhaps if she wants people to not go crazy she should refrain from talking shit to them.

Last edited: