**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Its honestly wild to me that some of you are big enough football fans to sign up for a message to discuss football, only to be completely oblivious to the fact that a QBs ability to run the ball as the best athlete on the field plays a part in how they're viewed. Dude was 11th in total TDs among QBs. He broke QB rushing records. He was one of the most electric players in all of football.

If his peers think he's a top 100 player then its time to stfu.
Great take...."it's not how, it's how many".........it's about outscoring the other team.....period!!! I am not sold on JF yet, I want to be, he has CORRECTABLE flaws. But if he does become a great passing QB.....da Bears won't be SB contenders,.......they'll be SB WNNERS.....no doubt. Good or bad, JF is on the team I root for, and I'll stick with him as long as he's there.

UChiLAbear

My Happy Place
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
And if JF DOES become a great pocket-passer, added to his running ability, the rest of the NFL & their fans will be sorry. It will be football's version of Michael Jordan's Bulls teams. Who would or COULD stop them. I say this in all seriousness. Other teams better pray JF doesn't become a great pocket-passer!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Its honestly wild to me that some of you are big enough football fans to sign up for a message to discuss football, only to be completely oblivious to the fact that a QBs ability to run the ball as the best athlete on the field plays a part in how they're viewed. Dude was 11th in total TDs among QBs. He broke QB rushing records. He was one of the most electric players in all of football.

If his peers think he's a top 100 player then its time to stfu.
Here, here!!

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Didnt see this posted. Gets me excited for the season

Hopefully im not saying i hate football in a few months
Im gonna get flamed. But here is the thing. I was never blown away by his running ability versus a number of other quarterbacks. And he's not elite like Vick or Lamar. He's no Barry Sanders, he doesnt juke. He sees a hole and he's strong enough to break hand tackles and his long speed is fantastic for his size / strength. But I never found him significantly better than say Tannehill or Daniel Jones, Hurts, Russ Wilson (cept he's slow now), Kyler Murray, Jared Allen.. Russ Wilson did the EXACT same thing.. the kid was magical getting out of jams and could scamper for good yards. I doubt he ever quite had Field's topend speed. Even if he is indeed "better" than all those guys minus the top two.. I dont find it THAT significant. If they took off a lot.. theyd get plenty of yards as well. In anycase.. I hope this reputation he now has indeed helps open up passing opportunities next year.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im gonna get flamed. But here is the thing. I was never blown away by his running ability versus a number of other quarterbacks. And he's not elite like Vick or Lamar. He's no Barry Sanders, he doesnt juke. He sees a hole and he's strong enough to break hand tackles and his long speed is fantastic for his size / strength. But I never found him significantly better than say Tannehill or Daniel Jones, Hurts, Russ Wilson (cept he's slow now), Kyler Murray, Jared Allen.. Russ Wilson did the EXACT same thing.. the kid was magical getting out of jams and could scamper for good yards. I doubt he ever quite had Field's topend speed. Even if he is indeed "better" than all those guys minus the top two.. I dont find it THAT significant. If they took off a lot.. theyd get plenty of yards as well. In anycase.. I hope this reputation he now has indeed helps open up passing opportunities next year.
I can understand your point of view but what about Danks

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
fields is in the top 100 as a passer? because thats the debate here. I know you used to get called out in the past for being a drunk which I always just figured was trolls being trolls.. But im starting to wonder now.. you have anything to contribute to Fields as a passer? or no?
I thought the depate was justin fields as a football player.

As I understand, nfl top 100 is not only for passing yards & Co.

And imagine what other people think.
The by far best player of last year worst team is selected as a top 100 player. Must be hard for you and your friends.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I thought the depate was justin fields as a football player.

As I understand, nfl top 100 is not only for passing yards & Co.

And imagine what other people think.
The by far best player of last year worst team is selected as a top 100 player. Must be hard for you and your friends.
the debate with fields is his passing ability nobody has questioned his running ability.

Fields made the top 100 because of his running ability not his passing ability.

You want to talk about how great of a runner he is? I 100% agree he has elite running skills. But when I'm talking about his shortcomings as a passer, bringing up his running ability is not a logical point to make because it has nothing to do with his shortcomings that are being debated.

Unless people are trying to make the point is it doesn't matter how bad of a passer he is because his running ability makes up for that? But the problem with this argument is there is a position on the team for players that are great runners and bad passers.. its called a RB.. Is that what you guys are suggesting? move him to RB? @msadows is this what you are saying?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
And if JF DOES become a great pocket-passer, added to his running ability, the rest of the NFL & their fans will be sorry. It will be football's version of Michael Jordan's Bulls teams. Who would or COULD stop them. I say this in all seriousness. Other teams better pray JF doesn't become a great pocket-passer
I don't think "pocket passer" when I think of Fields. I think he just needs to be good enough from there to keep defenses honest. I still want to see a whole lot of play action, boots, moving the pocket, designed runs, read-options and so on. I just need Fields to be good enough to make the right reads and deliver the ball on time on a consistent enough basis to keep the defense honest.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
the debate with fields is his passing ability nobody has questioned his running ability.

You want to talk about how great of a runner he is? I 100% agree he has elite running skills. But when I'm talking about his shortcomings as a passer, bringing up his running ability is not a logical point to make because it has nothing to do with his shortcomings that are being debated.

Unless people are trying to make the point is it doesn't matter how bad of a passer he is because his running ability makes up for that? But the problem with this argument is there is a position on the team for players that are great runners and bad passers.. its called a RB.. Is that what you guys are suggesting? move him to RB? @msadows is this what you are saying?
And who started this debate?

We all know he needs to improve. When will you ever understand it? I don't care about why he did it from LAST YEAR. He is selected, because he was fun to watch, again, from the worst team. Now, he has weapons, hopefully better oline and it's up to him.

However, I never saw a rb in my life, who's was able to make those throws and avoiding sacks.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That is where yards per carry comes in. His 7.1 is higher than any year of Lamar's and it is only Vick that has sustained a high level of carries with a YPC exceeding Justin for than one year. Wilson had 7.2 once but that is otherwise an anomaly for him as well.

It seems you value more elusive runners and are discounting guys with power and speed. Fields is more Adrian Peterson as a runner. He isn't elusive so much as he is big and powerful with tremendous acceleration and speed like AP in his prime. They are also similar guys in terms of build as AP was about 6-1 and 225 pounds like Fields is 6-2 and around 230 pounds. He is taller and has about 20 pounds on Vick and Jackson who are more elusive runners with speed in the mold of say Faulk. With Cam Newton being more like Derrick Henry.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Lol. Trying to equate him to a RB is comical. RB’s wouldn’t sniff 60 in passer rating.

That isn’t to say he doesn’t need to improve but your hyperbole is quite fucking r**arded

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Jared Allen?

I agree he is not the most elusive player in the history of the NFL like Barry Sanders

And Ryan Tannehill has 2200 yards in 10 seasons.

Are you just typing any NFL players name you can think of?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think the debate is with people that refuse to grasp there is more than one way to be a good QB.

Fields is a top 100 player because his peers recognize that his elite running and average passing allowed him to keep one of the worst rosters in football in a lot of games.

That is why his peers respect him. They can grasp that Moore, Claypool and Mooney is a marked improvement over ESB, Pettis and VJJ and expect his passing to tick up this year which combined with his elite running have him set up to take a leap this year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think the debate is with people that refuse to grasp there is more than one way to be a good QB.

Fields is a top 100 player because his peers recognize that his elite running and average passing allowed him to keep one of the worst rosters in football in a lot of games.

That is why his peers respect him. They can grasp that Moore, Claypool and Mooney is a marked improvement over ESB, Pettis and VJJ and expect his passing to tick up this year which combined with his elite running have him set up to take a leap this year.

They also understand if he ever becomes even an average NFL passer, he's going to be a cheat code.

Also, Lamar is widely considered one of the best QB's in the nfl, and he's a dogshit passer. He's never shown to be a prolific passer on any level. Fields has, up until getting to the bears with a shit supporting cast.