**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I would love Chris Jones but obviously we aren't going to pay for him

He's such a beast. He's been overshadowed a bit by Mahomes greatness that he doesn't get the props nationally that he deserves. I'd love to have him on the Bears roster if they were closer to competing for a title (still think they're a couple years away at best from being in that stratosphere even if everything hits). I will optimistically hope that one of the several defensive linemen they drafted this year turns into that caliber of player.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's such a beast. He's been overshadowed a bit by Mahomes greatness that he doesn't get the props nationally that he deserves. I'd love to have him on the Bears roster if they were closer to competing for a title (still think they're a couple years away at best from being in that stratosphere even if everything hits). I will optimistically hope that one of the several defensive linemen they drafted this year turns into that caliber of player.
For real

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
That is where yards per carry comes in. His 7.1 is higher than any year of Lamar's and it is only Vick that has sustained a high level of carries with a YPC exceeding Justin for than one year. Wilson had 7.2 once but that is otherwise an anomaly for him as well.

It seems you value more elusive runners and are discounting guys with power and speed. Fields is more Adrian Peterson as a runner. He isn't elusive so much as he is big and powerful with tremendous acceleration and speed like AP in his prime. They are also similar guys in terms of build as AP was about 6-1 and 225 pounds like Fields is 6-2 and around 230 pounds. He is taller and has about 20 pounds on Vick and Jackson who are more elusive runners with speed in the mold of say Faulk. With Cam Newton being more like Derrick Henry.

Yeah. I feel a guy like Vick struck far more fear in any defense. And yes I was going to mention Cam Newton. Similar. Big and strong. If Cam wanted to run all the time he'd have big yardage too. (obviously he did have good yardage) I simply think Justin took off/ had some big opportunities last year that makes it an anomaly statistically. That he isnt head and shoulders some "freak" running QB above a lot of good running QBs. Over a 5 year period I feel he's no different than say a Russ Wilson. But you kind of broke it down well that currently he is in that sweet spot of fresh acceleration and long speed. Cam was too big for that. He will slow down... Anyways I certainly hope he takes the leap with his passing these next 3 years, coupled with his speed.. will be a joy.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah. I feel a guy like Vick struck far more fear in any defense. And yes I was going to mention Cam Newton. Similar. Big and strong. If Cam wanted to run all the time he'd have big yardage too. (obviously he did have good yardage) I simply think Justin took off/ had some big opportunities last year that makes it an anomaly statistically. That he isnt head and shoulders some "freak" running QB above a lot of good running QBs. Over a 5 year period I feel he's no different than say a Russ Wilson. But you kind of broke it down well that currently he is in that sweet spot of fresh acceleration and long speed. Cam was too big for that. He will slow down... Anyways I certainly hope he takes the leap with his passing these next 3 years, coupled with his speed.. will be a joy.
Was it the 2005 falcons game when rex returned in the second half and soldier field sharted itself (and all the shit froze because it was like 3 degrees out) when he threw a 22-yard pass to muhammad while urlacher was just shutting vick down? I thought vick had been figured out at that point but then he came back after jail a few years later and had some moments with the eagles

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Was it the 2005 falcons game when rex returned in the second half and soldier field sharted itself when he threw a 22-yard pass to muhammad while urlacher was just shutting vick down? I thought vick had been figured out at that point but then he came back after jail a few years later and had some moments with the eagles
Vick came back with more willingness to toss 10 yard passes instead of attempting 10 yard runs.

Thankfully, Fields is deadly when he is dialed in on those intermediate throws. He can throw a strike at that range and I hope that Moore has him even more dialed in.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Vick came back with more willingness to toss 10 yard passes instead of attempting 10 yard runs.

Thankfully, Fields is deadly when he is dialed in on those intermediate throws. He can throw a strike at that range and I hope that Moore has him even more dialed in.
I think i just remember because i stacked him and… desean jackson maybe in a ff game and he threw a 49-yard td or something once he was on the eagles. I didn’t really pay attention to him much other than that

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I think i just remember because i stacked him and… desean jackson maybe in a ff game and he threw a 49-yard td or something once he was on the eagles. I didn’t really pay attention to him much other than that
I specifically remember an 80+ yard touchdown to Jackson where Vick threw downfield and it looked targeted at the receiver, instead of the classic "heave ho."

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Was it the 2005 falcons game when rex returned in the second half and soldier field sharted itself (and all the shit froze because it was like 3 degrees out) when he threw a 22-yard pass to muhammad while urlacher was just shutting vick down? I thought vick had been figured out at that point but then he came back after jail a few years later and had some moments with the eagles
Yes. 2005 game. Bears D fucked him up. Vick never beat the Bears as a starter. He came in for Chris Chandler and got buttfucked by the 2001 Team.

I was at this game. It was glorious. Got in for free too.