**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You keep saying this, but it's not even the highest AAV contract handed out this month.

Actually that is the first time I have said it and I was not being serious. SMH!

The 2nd sentence was me being serious.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You said last week that Bears fans were trying to "rewrite the TE market" as well. We had a multi-post conversation about it.
No I did not. Here is what I actually said.

800 yards and 7-10 TDs. You dont pay 12-14m for a blocking TE. No one pays Kelce, Kittle, Ertz, Waller, Andrews etc for their blocking.

Bears fans literally trying to create a whole new market overpaying blocking TEs. He either is a great receiving threat or he shouldnt be paid 12-14m.

You arent going to be able to pay Kmet 12-14m plus Mooney, plus Claypool and plus an extension for Moore likely at over 20m a year. So I pay my top 3 receivers in that group regardless of position.

This comment was about overpaying blocking TEs not resetting the whole TE market.

I obviously know Kmet did not reset the whole TE market and I never claimed that previously. I claimed Bears fans wanted to overpay a blocking TE as the above makes it obvious that I know other TEs ie receiving TEs get paid more.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No I did not. Here is what I actually said.

This comment was about overpaying blocking TEs not resetting the whole TE market.

I obviously know Kmet did not reset the whole TE market and I never claimed that previously. I claimed Bears fans wanted to overpay a blocking TE as the above makes it obvious that I know other TEs ie receiving TEs get paid more.
He’s not just a blocking TE tho….

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He’s not just a blocking TE tho….

My point was his blocking wasnt worth 12-14m so he needed to do more as a receiver IMO. But we are rehashing an old debate. He is signed now so it is a moot point. Let's just see how he performs.

msadows

Liked Posts:
My point was his blocking wasnt worth 12-14m so he needed to do more as a receiver IMO. But we are rehashing an old debate. He is signed now so it is a moot point. Let's just see how he performs.

Your point is pretty dumb, tbh.

He got paid as the 9th highest TE in the NFL. His stats(which you love) arguably list him as a top 10 TE last year.

Pretty sure thats not just a blocking TE.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He got paid as the 9th highest TE in the NFL. His stats(which you love) arguably list him as a top 10 TE last year.

We already had this debate. TE is weak outside of the top guys.

I simply would not pay anyone on that list above Kmet what they are currently making outside of Kittle, Kelce, Andrews and Goedert. You disagree. Oh well. You going to keep crying about it like you did when I disliked Trubisky?

No games have been played since we last had this discussion. The only thing that will change my mind is Kmet actually producing like a top receiving TE. Not you crying about my opinion.

Last edited:

lennybrisco

Liked Posts:

Beyond measurable stats I believe a good part of the value he provides is the fact that he's not a tell in any down or distance.

For his OC, him being proficient both blocking/catching and helping hide tendencies by personel grouping perhaps makes up any difference between his passing stats and the perceived overpay. He potentially makes things easier on the offense overall just with his versatility and keeping the defence guessing.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's probably bad for the Bears. I was hoping Reich would go full on Matt Nagy and give Dalton all the 1st team reps and then have Young come in Week 5 throwing to a bunch of guys for the first time. But that being said, most rookie starters don't win a ton of games.
Goes to show you how truly fucked up he handled QB1s rookie season.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We already had this debate. TE is weak outside of the top guys.

I simply would not pay anyone on that list above Kmet what they are currently making outside of Kittle, Kelce, Andrews and Goedert. You disagree. Oh well. You going to keep crying about it like you did when I disliked Trubisky?

No games have been played since we last had this discussion. The only thing that will change my mind is Kmet actually producing like a top receiving TE. Not you crying about my opinion.
What exactly is he supposed to produce in a run heavy offense while being the 4th option??

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What exactly is he supposed to produce in a run heavy offense while being the 4th option??

Well isnt that precisely the point? If he is the 4th option then why would you pay him 12-14m? I would pay that money only if I thought he could be more than just the 4th option.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Well isnt that precisely the point? If he is the 4th option then why would you pay him 12-14m? I would pay that money only of I thought he could be more than just the 4th option and again we will see if he can so that this year.

Dumbest line of thinking ever. At that point don’t pay anyone besides fields and Moore ?