**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The ideal would be for Poles to figure out in trade discussions that Houston and Indy desire 2 different QBs and then be able to trade down with both. Then at 4 they can decide whether to take whoever is left between Anderson/Carter or trade down with a team looking for the 3rd QB.
Poles doesn't have to figure anything out. HOU isn't gonna say which QB they want. Neither will IND. It's not like he's gonna convince those teams which QB they should take lol.

If he does indeed trade down with HOU, he just needs to be ready to trade down with IND in the event that the QB they want is still there. Technically the should be about the same as trading for #1 bc it would be their first choice QB.

The question will be would IND trade up for the 2nd choice QB?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Um, don't see it anywhere, Bears rolled 9 million over to next years cap today... Officially, I reckon.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Poles doesn't have to figure anything out. HOU isn't gonna say which QB they want. Neither will IND. It's not like he's gonna convince those teams which QB they should take lol.

If he does indeed trade down with HOU, he just needs to be ready to trade down with IND in the event that the QB they want is still there. Technically the should be about the same as trading for #1 bc it would be their first choice QB.

The question will be would IND trade up for the 2nd choice QB?

Which player a team likes gets leaked all the time especially that high in the draft.

And I never said he has to figure it out. I said the ideal would be if he did because then it makes trading down twice easier.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Which player a team likes gets leaked all the time especially that high in the draft.

And I never said he has to figure it out. I said the ideal would be if he did because then it makes trading down twice easier.
Not all the time. 49ers last year, Mitch and it's a lot less likely until they actually make a move if they're going to. I doubt either Texans or Colts say who they're taking until the Bears do whatever they do with the 1st pic.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I really feel like IND is going to feel absolute desperation from the top and send a massive package in order to stay in front of HOU. I mean like insane draft value for the beloved.

I think they get their package beat out by a team drafting later, maybe Carolina.
I think anything below 4-5 and Poles is going to want a bonafide ProBowl player included.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

In a shocking turn of events no one on the Bears OL - #2 in pass blocking according to ESPN - received a single all pro vote. #snubbed

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not all the time. 49ers last year, Mitch and it's a lot less likely until they actually make a move if they're going to. I doubt either Texans or Colts say who they're taking until the Bears do whatever they do with the 1st pic.

Sure some years it is hidden but by the end, most predicted Lance for Niners. He already had a noodle armed accurate QB in JG that he gave up on so no point taking Jones and was already known they liked Lance over Fields. Trubisky was a shock yes for some fooled by Glennon but also Loggains was an unknown as an OC.

This year think it will be hard for teams to hide who their preferred QBs are as the 3 QBs are very distinctive from each other and fit different systems.

Once the HC and OCs are in place you are going to know who they prefer. Casserio is from the Pats and will value quick decision making and accuracy above all else so unless he makes a surprise pick at HC or OC, you can almost guarantee they will end up in the Young camp as he is the closest to the Brees/Brady mold.

Irsay and Colts have always loved measurables so suspect they will fall in love with the more prototypical QB in Stroud or Levi's with Levis probably the highest ceiling amd chance to fit what they had in Luck.

McDaniels will likely be a Young guy followed by Stroud as Levis has too much Cutler and Carr in him. Falcons will likely be Young/Stroud as Arthur Smith loves QBs that can move like Tanny, Marietta and they drafted Ridder.

Will have to see who the HC/OC ends up being in Carolina. But point is in today's NFL, most GMs/HCs with any track record will have a profile that they want in a QB and this draft really doesn't have a Patrick Mahomes type that can excel in any scheme.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts: