**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is true - NIL has changed the college landscape. But, it would be a mistake for him not to declare imo. He's a consensus top 3 QB this year. Top 1-2 depending on who you talk too. He's going to be taken top 5 most likely. There's no guarantee like that next season in a much better QB class and/or if he gets injured.

It would be an enormous risk for not that much gain

Last edited:

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
If you Believe Kap, Pittman and Buckner would be an interesting package but you’d love to have a chance at Will Anderson. Buckner and Payne would be night and day for this team.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If you Believe Kap, Pittman and Buckner would be an interesting package but you’d love to have a chance at Will Anderson. Buckner and Payne would be night and day for this team.

You're not getting Buckner and Payne. If the trade happened before March 15, you just wouldn't go after Payne, if he's even allowed to leave Washington. If the trade happened after March 15, and you already signed Payne, you wouldn't go after Buckner in the trade. It's the same logic fans are using for why Payne will even be a FA....because the Commanders wouldn't want to spend 40Mil on the DT position alone. Payne and Buckner would be the Bears spending 40Mil on DT. Of course, they have the money to spend 40M on DT right now, but they won't in a couple years when you hopefully have to sign Fields to a huge contract.

Also, probably not getting Will Anderson if you trade down to 4.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
You're not getting Buckner and Payne. If the trade happened before March 15, you just wouldn't go after Payne, if he's even allowed to leave Washington. If the trade happened after March 15, and you already signed Payne, you wouldn't go after Buckner in the trade. It's the same logic fans are using for why Payne will even be a FA....because the Commanders wouldn't want to spend 40Mil on the DT position alone. Payne and Buckner would be the Bears spending 40Mil on DT. Of course, they have the money to spend 40M on DT right now, but they won't in a couple years when you hopefully have to sign Fields to a huge contract.

This is kind of why I prefer trying to get the OL from the Panthers. We probably wouldn’t get Anderson at 4, unlesss Arizona traded back because a team wants Levis, should Stroud stay AND QB go 1-3.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

Depends on how the construct the deals or look at extensions etc. Poles wants flexibility next year too. I think with Pittman, my concern is that Mooney, Pittman, and Claypool are due for deals too unless you can strike deals early that make sense for value.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@bamainatlanta @Chicagosports89

Where did the Cedric Tillman comp to Jefferson come from??

Definitely a terrible comp, they aren’t anything alike really. The only thing in common they have is the position they play and they both ball out

The Alshon comp @Chicagosports89 made was a really good one IMO

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Depends on how the construct the deals or look at extensions etc. Poles wants flexibility next year too. I think with Pittman, my concern is that Mooney, Pittman, and Claypool are due for deals too unless you can strike deals early that make sense for value.
I didn't say anything about Pittman. I don't think that's happening for the same reasons you said.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jordan Reid
@Jordan_Reid
·
Follow

Notable name underclassmen prospects that have yet to officially declare for the 2023 NFL Draft: • QB - C.J. Stroud • WR - Jordan Addison • WR - Quentin Johnston • EDGE/OLB - Laiatu Latu
11:43 AM · Jan 13, 2023

EDGE/OLB - Laiatu Latu

https://twitter.com/Jordan_Reid?ref...nt-could-hand-chicago-bears-more-draft-power/
@Jordan_Reid
·
Follow
Next Monday (Jan. 16) is the deadline for underclassmen to declare for the 2023 NFL Draft. Then there’s a 72-hour window for prospects to reconsider their decision, but the final list of all declarations will officially be sent to all teams next Friday (Jan. 20).
11:46 AM · Jan 13, 2023