**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Have to disagree. When you have 100 million in cap space, it's fair to expect some exceptional players, especially onthe O and D lines where the need was greatest. . As for the draft, the Bears have pick 9 in round one and then no picks pick until 51, I think. So getting difference makers in the draft will be tough.

Which exceptional players were available and how did you determine they were exceptional?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Looking less likely the Bears go RB in the draft. Don't love that.

Can stop speculating on Bijan now

Foreman
Herbert
Homer

That’s the RB room
Nope.

Signing a rb to a one year deal does nothing to inhibit us drafting Bijan Robinson.

If anything, Foreman was part of the 1-2 combo with CMC back in Carolina, last I checked. So, Poles is doing it right. He’s making sure he doesn’t have to draft a NT, a C, a TE, or a RB.

Now, why anyone wouldn’t want the most explosive, dynamic offensive player in the draft that is also a sure fire hit is beyond me. Oh, positional value and maths and some shit.

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Nope.

Signing a rb to a one year deal does nothing to inhibit us drafting Bijan Robinson.

If anything, Foreman has part of the 1-2 combo of CMC back in Carolina, last I checked. So, Poles is doing it right. He’s making sure he doesn’t have to draft a NT, a C, a TE, or a RB.

Now, why anyone wouldn’t want the most explosive, dynamic offensive player in the draft that is also a sure fire hit is beyond me. Oh, positional value and maths and some shit.
Or they go pash rusher or OT which they absolutely need and is within reach at 9.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Or they go pash rusher or OT which they absolutely need and is within reach at 9.
This is a possibility. Nothing like taking the third or fourth best at a position or reaching on a player that isn’t a legit first round talent so that you can win the draft with positional value points instead of games with an offense that can score real points. I mean, right? Nothing wins games like winning positional value and maths.

Oh, right. Offense wins games. We aren’t close to a championship. Poles is building a solid team. Yeah, they could go with lesser talent or the best player in the draft. Seems an easy call to me.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Nope.

If anything, Foreman was part of the 1-2 combo with CMC back in Carolina, last I checked. So, Poles is doing it right. He’s making sure he doesn’t have to draft a NT, a C, a TE, or a RB.

I’d be surprised if Poles is gunning for Bijan

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
This is a possibility. Nothing like taking the third or fourth best at a position or reaching on a player that isn’t a legit first round talent so that you can win the draft with positional value points instead of games with an offense that can score real points. I mean, right? Nothing wins games like winning positional value and maths.

Oh, right. Offense wins games. We aren’t close to a championship. Poles is building a solid team. Yeah, they could go with lesser talent or the best player in the draft. Seems an easy call to me.
No one thinks Robinson is the best player in the draft though. The best OT or 2nd best pash rusher might be there though if 4 QBs go ahead of us.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I’d be surprised if Poles is gunning for Bijan
Everything he has shown and done in FA is a tip that he is possibly locking onto Bijan.

Everyone, including me, expected him to dump truckloads of cash into the DL. Dude got two linebackers, echoing what Ebeflus did with a draft where he took two very early. Yeah, he dumped cash in off ball linebackers. He has been judicious with the OL & DL.

I think he is setting up a room where he can be okay with the RBs he has, but, more importantly, doesn’t want to pull a Dallas and let other teams know who he wants so he can get jumped. Bijan is a clear target for how our smooth operator operates correctly.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Everything he has shown and done in FA is a tip that he is possibly locking onto Bijan.

Everyone, including me, expected him to dump truckloads of cash into the DL. Dude got two linebackers, echoing what Ebeflus did with a draft where he took two very early. Yeah, he dumped cash in off ball linebackers. He has been judicious with the OL & DL.

I think he is setting up a room where he can be okay with the RBs he has, but, more importantly, doesn’t want to pull a Dallas and let other teams know who he wants so he can get jumped. Bijan is a clear target for how our smooth operator operates correctly.
God i hope you actually believe all of this.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Payne getting cut!
Not sure what Washington is doing. Both Chase Young and Montez Sweat are free agents at the end of the year and they're paying Payne and Allen $21M a piece. I don't think there is any way they can pay both edge rushers. The 5th year option on Young is $18M and Rivera has said he doesn't think they will pick it up. I know Young has been injured the past two seasons but I would put in a call to see if he's available. Still only 23 with a ton of talent

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not sure what Washington is doing. Both Chase Young and Montez Sweat are free agents at the end of the year and they're paying Payne and Allen $21M a piece. I don't think there is any way they can pay both edge rushers. The 5th year option on Young is $18M and Rivera has said he doesn't think they will pick it up. I know Young has been injured the past two seasons but I would put in a call to see if he's available. Still only 23 with a ton of talent
I could def see them moving him this year. I wouldnt touch him for anything more than a 4th.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To me, the Foreman signing indicates he will go into trenches at #9. Bijan is my guy, but I'm thnking he wants to build young up front. Maybe grab Johnson or the NW kid....then look for another back in later rounds.