**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Stein is an Angelo guy, right? Is that Craig Cabriel is always praising him?

Cliff Stein is obviously an invaluable piece of the FO, but let's not pretend he's the one grinding the tape.
Stein is the one negotiating the deals and drawing up the contracts. Not solely but he has real influence. Poles called him out yesterday as being a great mentor for Poles.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Let's agree to disagree on the top part - that's just going to suck us back up into the same shit, and I'm here to talk football.

The rest, I get your perspective. Honestly I agree with a lot of it, and really want the Bears to land a tackle somewhere between FA, trade and the draft for me to really feel good about the offensive line, and I think with QB being the most important position in football, that the offensive line is the second most important, since you need to protect that investment, and none on the line more important than LT to protect your QB's blind side.

I think where I fall is that I think its too early for people to get histrionic over it, but I acknowledge the legitimate concern.

For the draft, I think they are targeting that kid from Northwestern to be their 3 tech, thinking that he will be an early to mid second rounder. My hope is that they trade down, add a pick in that range, and then pick up that tackle they really need in round 1, and that 3 tech in round 2. Then they likely go HAM on Edge rushers, also picking up a RB and a center somewhere in there as well.

Based on what Poles said, I think the interior is set unless it was a smoke screen - It's going to be a combo of Jenkins, the new guy they signed, and whomever wins in the battle between Whitehair and Patrick.

As far as the linebackers go, I think they made the move for 2 reasons - the first is he is still young and could end up being a core piece if he pans out, and 2, the Bears have to spend a cap minimum going into next season as well, which is why I think the contract was heavily front-loaded. They were so far under, they need to overspend a little to hit that minimum, especially since Poles doesn't want to lock into any long term, boat anchor contracts.

So, sure, it was high, but this is a bit of a weird year, so I am looking the other way on that one, otherwise, I'd agree with you.
Fair enough.

I can see the argument for it all, i just fundamentally disagree with it.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He needs to be WR5. Hoping Poles gets a mid-round receiver.
Hopefully, WR 6 by the end of the off season…
im fine with him at 4. I would love to get another player ahead of him but im just happy that they're actually fielding a WR corp resembling something respectable. Im hoping they can get enough out of Claypool so they can trade him at the deadline. Take your loss. Still holding out hope for Marv next year because thats bonkers.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
im fine with him at 4. I would love to get another player ahead of him but im just happy that they're actually fielding a WR corp resembling something something respectable. Im hoping they can get enough out of Claypool so they can trade him at the deadline. Take your loss. Still holding out hope for Marv next year because thats bonkers.
With two firsts next year, being able to maneuver for MHJ seems like it might be a real possibility. I’m with you, that would be bonkers.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Can someone refresh my old man memory: Why did we end up moving Whitehair away from C in the first place?
Fuck, I’m going off memory here. It had something to do with Trubisky and Whitehair and the ball that Whitehair delivered. He used a “dead ball” technique. So, there were a lot of fumbles between Trubisky and Whitehair allegedly due to the way he snapped the ball.

So, the fumbling of the snap happened a lot. The issue was always put on His snapping and never really on Trubisky getting the snap.

So, the issues were Whitehair delivering a “dead” ball and Trubisky fumbling the snap.