**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Completely disagree. You don’t sign him and NOT have him penciled in there. It may change in camp…. But for now I can think of 30 million reasons he’s penciled in as RG on Pole’s depth chart.
Strange, but ok…agree to disagree. Jenkins is the better RG. Play Davis at LG. Don’t understand your logic at all, tbh. It’s not like Poles have him a huge deal to play LT or something. He got solid starting OG money ?‍♂️

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Strange, but ok…agree to disagree. Jenkins is the better RG. Play Davis at LG. Don’t understand your logic at all, tbh. It’s not like Poles have him a huge deal to play LT or something. He got solid starting OG money ?‍♂️

His avg per year is 12th in the league for guards. (5th at RG) That’s big money.

What don’t you get about “money talks”? That’s the way the world works.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
None I would assume
Well, here's the problem with what I just posted. I did so without looking him up prior to making that post. He was an area scout for a few teams, so he might actually know more than the average bear. I think it's possible that he still probably gets info from teams that affect his rankings, but he doesn't appear to be some Tom, Dick, or Harry.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well, here's the problem with what I just posted. I did so without looking him up prior to making that post. He was an area scout for a few teams, so he might actually know more than the average bear. I think it's possible that he still probably gets info from teams that affect his rankings, but he doesn't appear to be some Tom, Dick, or Harry.

Oh he’s legit. I just doubt he’s getting info from other teams. Other than “hey this guy is good” type stuff. Teams usually guard their board like the Crown Jewels.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Oh he’s legit. I just doubt he’s getting info from other teams. Other than “hey this guy is good” type stuff. Teams usually guard their board like the Crown Jewels.
Yeah, I suppose you're right. Plus, teams would want to throw other teams off their scent.

Even still, I'm going to grade Jeremiah as better than most, and thank you for letting me know what he says about Wright.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
His avg per year is 12th in the league for guards. (5th at RG) That’s big money.

What don’t you get about “money talks”? That’s the way the world works.

12th for now but these deals are going up every year. I think you’re fixating on the $$$ part

Jenkins was one of the best RGs in the league last season and arguably the Bears best OL. He was better than Davis at RG. You think Poles signed Davis to replace Jenkins (which is a downgrade) so he can move Jenkins to LG, which is one of the easiest positions to replace on the OL? That’s a tough sell. Money be damned. Much more likely that Poles thinks Davis can move over to LG without a problem and likely play better there

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
12th for now but these deals are going up every year. I think you’re fixating on the $$$ part

Jenkins was one of the best RGs in the league last season and arguably the Bears best OL. He was better than Davis at RG. You think Poles signed Davis to replace Jenkins (which is a downgrade) so he can move Jenkins to LG, which is one of the easiest positions to replace on the OL? That’s a tough sell. Money be damned. Much more likely that Poles thinks Davis can move over to LG without a problem and likely play better there

I think Poles eval might be different than your eval.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The question you have to ask is this: Is he better than any DE we have on the roster now?

Even if we don't go with Floyd, the Bears need to look to find a free agent who can generate SOME pash rush more than what we have. Even if we draft one in the 1st 2 rounds (we better)... we still need to find a contributor for depth. And I am not saying there is some high end talent that Poles needs to find that is magically available that no other team wants. But I would find it hard to believe that there is not someone in free agency that is not better than the pathetic guys we had last year that got no pressure on the QB.
I think Floyd is better against the run than pass rusher.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I'm suspect to the whole 'Jenkins to T' move just because they never even looked at him there last year....while our RT situation was putrid.

Say you what you will about the lack of depth inside, but I just don't buy this regime viewing Jenkins as a T.
I think you're right even though he has all the measurables size, length etc.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I think Poles eval might be different than your eval.
Could be but I don’t think Poles is fixating on the $$$ as much as you.

Cody Whitehair’s cap hit was 12.5 mil last season and he started at LG. Davis’s cap hit for 2023 will be just under 7 mil. Davis got 17 mil GTD. Hardly a huge commitment. He could be cut after 2024 without issue. Why play the lesser RG at RG when you can play the better one? Lol

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Could be but I don’t think Poles is fixating on the $$$ as much as you.

Cody Whitehair’s cap hit was 12.5 mil last season and he started at LG. Davis’s cap hit for 2023 will be just under 7 mil. Davis got 17 mil GTD. Hardly a huge commitment. He could be cut after 2024 without issue. Why play the lesser RG at RG when you can play the better one? Lol

Why sign a guy to play left guard when his entire career both college and professional all he’s done is play right guard? Seems like a pretty stupid move if thats the case. And I don’t think Poles is stupid.