**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is not a quote from Poles though.
Possible that an ESPN writer is making an assumption here? Why wouldn't they use a direct quote if it came out of his mouth? I'm skeptical that this has any real basis.

No it’s not a quote from Poles.

I have seen at least three beats write the same thing though.

Obviously things can change in camp.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not the 40.8 because they already exercised and paid that in 2022 so they still get to pro rate that.

No, No they don't You are wrong on this. Sorry. It is the same 40.8 they have to eat if Rodgers retires or is traded pre june 1. My figures are correct, and once again, it has been well reported. The only way they can spread it out,is by picking up the option, or cutting him. You were quoting how it would be wise if the Packers did not excercise his option, yet kept him on the roster and tried to trade him.

Prior to this conversation we were speaking on the implications of a pre/post june 1 trade, or the implications if Rodgers Retired/unretired.
You brought up a new scenario, one in which they do not release Rodgers, but opt not to pick up his option.

In that case his cap hit is 100m, and no amount of Vortex will change that. And it will never happen. They would be better served just cutting him, then they get relief by designating him a post june 1 cut, and spreading the 100m cap hit out over two years. But they lose all rights of any compensation in a trade, and Rodgers becomes a FA.

Base salary is paid in weekly installments but 18 weeks not 17 because forgot they include the bye

You are confusing how it might be paid out (which is irrlevant) to how it is calculated for cap purposes. But I am not going to argue this point, because, as I stated earlier, the cap hit to the Packers would be astronomical in this scenario, and you are not calculating it correctly.
The question was how much cap they need if they dont exercise the 2023 option on the premise Rodgers waits until right before the season to unretire. If they dont extend and the 58.3m converts to base salary the 40.8m continues to be allocated over the life of the contract at 8.16m a year. His cap hit would by 75.725m and they would have 55m in cap space before including Rodgers.

Now the minute he is traded in week 7 in my scenario 8.16m of that 40.8 hits the cap this year and 24.48m of it hits next year as it is after June 1st so they get to split it across 2 years. However in my scenario because the 58.3m is base salary the Packers cap hit for that would only be for the 7 weeks he has played to that point. The other 11 weeks would be paid by his new team and hence be charged against their cap. Salary is always charged to the team that pays it and in this scenario the Pack would only have paid 7 weeks of salary at that point. That is why it would be better in this scenario than exercising the option because if they go the option route then their cap gets hit for all 58.3m of it over 2 years because they would be responsible for paying all of it.

Last edited:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The question was how much cap they need if they dont exercise the 2023 option on the premise Rodgers waits until right before the season to unretire. If they dont extend and the 58.3m converts to base salary the 40.8m continues to be allocated over the life of the contract at 8.16m a year. His cap hit would by 75.725m and they would have 55m in cap space before including Rodgers.

Now the minute he is traded in week 7 in my scenario 8.16m of that 40.8 hits the cap this year and 24.48m of it hits next year as it is after June 1st so they get to split it across 2 years. However in my scenario because the 58.3m is base salary the Packers cap hit for that would only be for the 7 weeks he has played to that point. The other 11 weeks would be paid by his new team and hence be charged against cap. Salary is always charged to the team that pays it and in this scenario the Pack would only have paid 7 weeks of salary at that point. That is why it would be better in this scenarion than exercising the option because if they go the option route then their cap gets hit for all of it over 2 years because again it is after June 1.
Stfu Remy. Nobody cares.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Last time I brought up wright a bunch of re tards that think the oline is fine told me he doesn’t fit the system ?‍♂️

How many times does Poles and analysts have to tell you that system fits matter to them before you believe them?

They’ve said it numerous times. Do you just think they’re lying?

Now I actually love Wright as a player. I’m just not sure he’s got the quickness they want. Orlando Brown was obviously not a fit. Wright I’m not sure on

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
How many times does Poles and analysts have to tell you that system fits matter to them before you believe them?

Now I actually love Wright as a player. I’m just not sure he’s got the quickness they want. Orlando Brown was obviously not a fit. Wright I’m not sure on
Wright not being a fit would be an indictment of the system and talent evaluators. He showed he clearly has the athleticism at the combine. His play on the field speaks for itself.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m with you. I think that’s nonsense. His RAS score is 9.78. He’s athletic.

Yeah except he skipped the agility scores so that score is only based on parts of the info.

Also another reason why RAS is crap. Not sure how you can score someone when they didn’t do certain drills.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wright not being a fit would be an indictment of the system and talent evaluators. He showed he clearly has the athleticism at the combine. His play on the field speaks for itself.

Or fans just being ignorant and thinking they know more than professional football coaches.

Nah. That would never happen.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And again…. I LOVE Wright as a player. He may end up being tackle 1 when we look back in 3-4 years.

But this stubborn refusal to grasp the concept that not every player fits every scheme is mind boggling to me.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Or fans just being ignorant and thinking they know more than professional football coaches.

Nah. That would never happen.
Professionals get fired all the time for being bad at their jobs. I certainly think their are a few people on ccs who could have done a better job as gm than the last couple guys did. In saying that, I still like poles. I think he will let scheme weed out mediocre players like Orlando Brown, but my hope is he won't ever pass over elite talent because of scheme.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah funny how meatballs dont understand scheme fit.

As for Wright, if he moves as well as he times then he should be a fit. Top 10 40 time and top 15 10 yard split, top 5 broad jump. If he were the pick I suspect they would just have him try to get to around 315-320 as a play weight as they had specific weight targets for all players and Jenkins and Borom had to cut weight last year.

Yeah except he skipped the agility scores so that score is only based on parts of the info.

Also another reason why RAS is crap. Not sure how you can score someone when they didn’t do certain drills.

Because they are scoring his percentile relativd to that event. So doesnt matter if it is 10 events or 1.

Having said that, Tennessee's pro day is today so hopefuly Wright does the agility drills today and RAS will update for that.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

As for Wright, if he moves as well as he times then he should be a fit. Top 10 40 time and top 15 10 yard split, top 5 broad jump. If he were the pick I suspect they would just have him try to get to around 315-320 as a play weight as they had specific weight targets for all players and Jenkins and Borom had to cut weight last year.
While I agree with what you are saying, you would take a load from poles if he asked you to, so honestly your opinions hold no weight anymore because they change with the breeze.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Because they are scoring his percentile relativd to that event. So doesnt matter if it is 10 events or 1.

Having said that, Tennessee's pro day is today so hopefuly Wright does the agility drills today and RAS will update for that.

Was just gonna ask when that pro day was. Thnx

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Professionals get fired all the time for being bad at their jobs. I certainly think their are a few people on ccs who could have done a better job as gm than the last couple guys did. In saying that, I still like poles. I think he will let scheme weed out mediocre players like Orlando Brown, but my hope is he won't ever pass over elite talent because of scheme.
Yes they do but they usually get replaced by other professionals not people with absolutely no experience in the field.

It depends on what that elite talent is and whether it would be elite in your scheme. Some guys are elite for a given scheme and others are elite and fit any scheme. The trick is figuring out which is which.

While I agree with what you are saying, you would take a load from poles if he asked you to, so honestly your opinions hold no weight anymore because they change with the breeze.

Think you are confused. You guys are the ones prematurely ejaculating your opinions all over the place.

I will judge Poles on the totality of his moves when I can see evidence of how those moves work out on the field.

Jumping all over him because he didnt make the move I thought he should when we havent played a single game yet in 2023 and havent even seen his 2023 draft is just stupid IMO.

So I think you confuse me allowing for the possibility that there is more than one way to build a team than what I prefer as drinking the Poles Kool-Aid. There simply isnt enough evidence yet as to whether he made the right call or not.

Last edited: