**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I thought mayo had interviewed himself out of the first rd?
It’s certainly possible. He has a Carson Wentz vibe.

Hooker is someone who could jump up boards, but I doubt he’ll get top 10 consideration.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
No mention of D.J. Moore as a loss. I guess they're looking strictly at free agency, not as a whole. Foreman was a sizable loss for them and gain for us without being mentioned considering how efficient he was last year.

Meanwhile they had Reiff as a "notable departure" for us. Hmmmm.

And the Giants signing Bobby Okereke earned them a B-minus compared to our C-plus. The Eagles earned a C to our C-plus for signing Mariota to back-up Hurts while losing Hargrave, Sanders, Edwards, Gardner-Johnson, White, Seumalo and Pascal. Great takes.

Tough to crush the Eagles, who understood they were going to lose guys after this season. The problem is how many ended up leaving. Philadelphia watched as seven starters left, and in some cases on reasonable deals it could have potentially matched. Still, the Eagles are deep enough to withstand some of these departures while still owning two first-round picks (Nos. 10, 30).
Lose seven starters, but hey, they knew it was coming and have draft picks, so C. WTF?

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It’s certainly possible. He has a Carson Wentz vibe.

Hooker is someone who could jump up boards, but I doubt he’ll get top 10 consideration.
If Hooker didn't get hurt he might be being talked about as the top QB in this class.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You definitely can get a lt outside of the first round. 3 round pick is still a very solid pick to use. The money spent and pick spent shows there is value there there is no such thing as magic fairy dust.

Also with armstead didn’t play in zone system with saints and worked out fine for dolphins ?. We are over thinking this fit thing.

But he did.

I’m assuming that’s why his ex head coach wanted a RT that the Bears also wanted.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is it just me that feels like the bears are desperate for a center? Like more than any other position outside 3 tech?

I would love to see a stud there that Fields can grow and develop with

Definitely not desperate. You have two vets available already. Would love to draft one though. And think they will.

RT is desperate.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I see a lot of these nice plays and the highlight videos all over YouTube. But the issue with Darnell Wright and why he doesn't fit the Bears system is not what he does in the box and on the edge.

The issue is how terrible he is at lead pulling. He is not fast enough, for whatever reason, to pull and lead a WR or back across the formation. This is a requirement for any OL on the Bears. Man up, the dude can blast any DL across from him. He won't be able to execute the necessary cross formation far side blocks.

So, when I see people, not you Dejo, posting Darnell Wright shit being all like, ah but derp says "not scheme fit", it's like, yeah, he isn't. I spent some time watching his tape studies and highlight films and NONE of them showed him pull and lead from the far side of the formation and be able to stay in front of their WR or back. That is his issue. If he was able to lead pull and stay in front of a speedy WR or Back, he'd probably be our top OL. So, though he will go in the 1st, and deservedly so, he is not a fit for our system.

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
I see a lot of these nice plays and the highlight videos all over YouTube. But the issue with Darnell Wright and why he doesn't fit the Bears system is not what he does in the box and on the edge.

The issue is how terrible he is at lead pulling. He is not fast enough, for whatever reason, to pull and lead a WR or back across the formation. This is a requirement for any OL on the Bears. Man up, the dude can blast any DL across from him. He won't be able to execute the necessary cross formation far side blocks.

So, when I see people, not you Dejo, posting Darnell Wright shit being all like, ah but derp says "not scheme fit", it's like, yeah, he isn't. I spent some time watching his tape studies and highlight films and NONE of them showed him pull and lead from the far side of the formation and be able to stay in front of their WR or back. That is his issue. If he was able to lead pull and stay in front of a speedy WR or Back, he'd probably be our top OL. So, though he will go in the 1st, and deservedly so, he is not a fit for our system.
What are your thoughts on Anton Harrison? If we traded down into late 1st round, is he worth the pick? How does he stack up against Johnson and Jones?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
What are your thoughts on Anton Harrison? If we traded down into late 1st round, is he worth the pick? How does he stack up against Johnson and Jones?
I really like him. I put him in my top ten.

I just really don't like the idea of trading up in the 2nd or back into the 1st. There are three OT we could possibly get in the second: Matthew Bergeron, Jaelyn Duncan, and Blake Freeland. There's also Wanya Morris and Poles's unicorn, Jon Gaines.

There are dudes. There's no reason why 3 or 4 of our first 5 picks aren't OL and DL.