**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Everything I’ve seen of the kid(which is more than the rest of CCS), I think he can play in the bears run system adequately at worst.

He’s just a big man, but he can move well for his size

He played LT and RT and took on the fastest defenders the college game has

Also, the notion that the UT offense is just a quick pass gimmick offense, doesn’t know jack shit. QB Hooker had the longest pass per attempt average, and you don’t get that by throwing quick passes.

They also ran the ball a hell of a lot more than people realize, and him playing RT last season was a big part of that
Doesnt this offense pull interior linemen more than the tackles anyway?

Wright has the push to move through linemen and get to the second level. You can have a guard pull around him and be confident that Wright wont get blown up. His range is not such that Wright is going to sink or swim based on the offensive scheme.

Put him and Jenkins on the same side and enjoy two guys that like to punch their assignment in the numbers.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Wright has the push to move through linemen and get to the second level. You can have a guard pull around him and be confident that Wright wont get blown up. His range is not such that Wright is going to sink or swim based on the offensive scheme.

Put him and Jenkins on the same side and enjoy two guys that like to punch their assignment in the numbers.
That would be a nasty right side of the line. And Wright is an excellent pass protector for the icing on the cake

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Depends on the play. OTs and OGs have to be able to block in space and the 2nd level. Having said that I think Wright showed at 330 that he is plenty athletic. We saw last year with Jenkins that Jenkins initially complained about how his body felt weird when he dropped weight and body fat to fit the Bears parameters but then once he acclimated to his new body, he improved drastically.

Keep in mind that I think Wright's playing weight got as high as 345 pounds or so at Tenn so he has already dropped like 12 pounds to get to 333 for the combine. So he was probably a tad bit faster and more nimble at the combine that he was on tape and if he can continue to drop weight and body fat which the Bears almost assuredly would want him to do, he can improve his movement skills even more. Get him to drop to 315-320 and he probably moves that much better once he gets used to his new body.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
That would be a nasty right side of the line. And Wright is an excellent pass protector for the icing on the cake
If Poles drafts John Michael Schmitz, I'll honestly not care if Fields attempts fewer than 400 passes. Stay in 21 formation and punish the league on the ground.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Depends on the play. OTs and OGs have to be able to block in space and the 2nd level. Having said that I think Wright showed at 330 that he is plenty athletic. We saw last year with Jenkins that Jenkins initially complained about how his body felt weird when he dropped weight and body fat to fit the Bears parameters but then once he acclimated to his new body, he improved drastically. So I suspect the same would be true of Wright. Get him to drop to 315-320 and he probably moves that much better once he gets used to his new body.
I honestly expect that after a full season and some science, Wright would be at peak fitness and pulling with the best of them.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If Poles drafts John Michael Schmitz, I'll honestly not care if Fields attempts fewer than 400 passes. Stay in 21 formation and punish the league on the ground.

JMS is my favorite lineman in this draft that isnt a tackle and has been for a bit.

Issue is that doesn't fix RT. Really wish they'd just flex tev to RT and draft this kid. He's gonna be a stud and is local too.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Lions should take a chance on Richardson. But they too pansies to actually win anything. Interesting question: If the bears had not traded the first yet, do you think the price has gone or down?
You forgot the "up" but think they did it right as completed.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I haven’t watched him yet but I’ve seen numerous people say he’s a fit
He's one of my favorite players in the draft. I have him rated as OT2, behind Paris Johnson. Johnson has more upside and scheme versatility, but Harrison is more ready to play in 2023. He's a better pass blocker right now than Johnson, and he's just as good as a run blocker in the open field as Broderick Jones, just not as violent. He's not a people mover, but this offense doesn't need that anyway.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
No mention of D.J. Moore as a loss. I guess they're looking strictly at free agency, not as a whole. Foreman was a sizable loss for them and gain for us without being mentioned considering how efficient he was last year.

Meanwhile they had Reiff as a "notable departure" for us. Hmmmm.

And the Giants signing Bobby Okereke earned them a B-minus compared to our C-plus. The Eagles earned a C to our C-plus for signing Mariota to back-up Hurts while losing Hargrave, Sanders, Edwards, Gardner-Johnson, White, Seumalo and Pascal. Great takes.

Lose seven starters, but hey, they knew it was coming and have draft picks, so C. WTF?
crazy crap with lots of bias.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
What are your thoughts on Anton Harrison? If we traded down into late 1st round, is he worth the pick? How does he stack up against Johnson and Jones?
He's good and fits what the Bears want from OL, who knows how he ends up in his career, guys get paid big bucks to know all I can do is guess but he may not be far behind.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Your analysis doesn’t jive with his athletic profile. Do you really believe Wright wouldn’t be able to execute any assignment that Borom or Reiff have been tasked with in their time with the Bears?

Here’s a summary of his combine numbers:

“He recorded a 5.01-second 40-yard dash, ranking sixth among all offensive linemen. Wright’s 10-yard split of 1.81 seconds was 20th-best among his positional group.

Wright recorded a 9’6″ broad jump, ranking third among offensive linemen at the NFL scouting combine. He also recorded a 29-inch vertical jump, which was 21st among offensive linemen.

Wright finished the NFL scouting combine with a RAS score of 9.47, which was one of the highest marks among offensive linemen. Wright’s athleticism score of 85 was tied with Broderick Jones (Georgia) for second-best among offensive linemen.”

All of that was at 330 lbs…

He could drop 15 and maintain his physical dominance and further increase his movement skills.
Wow those are good ##'s.