**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What’re the odds WAS offers #16, #47, and a 2024 2nd for #9 if a QB falls? Too much?
I think that would be too much of an overpay. But still take a lesser offer

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Im starting to think Panthers might actually go Richardson at 1. Any reason why pederson would be at his pro day?
It would be negligence for Carolina to not fully evaluate each top QB prospect. Doesn't mean they're drafting.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I see a lot of these nice plays and the highlight videos all over YouTube. But the issue with Darnell Wright and why he doesn't fit the Bears system is not what he does in the box and on the edge.

The issue is how terrible he is at lead pulling. He is not fast enough, for whatever reason, to pull and lead a WR or back across the formation. This is a requirement for any OL on the Bears. Man up, the dude can blast any DL across from him. He won't be able to execute the necessary cross formation far side blocks.

So, when I see people, not you Dejo, posting Darnell Wright shit being all like, ah but derp says "not scheme fit", it's like, yeah, he isn't. I spent some time watching his tape studies and highlight films and NONE of them showed him pull and lead from the far side of the formation and be able to stay in front of their WR or back. That is his issue. If he was able to lead pull and stay in front of a speedy WR or Back, he'd probably be our top OL. So, though he will go in the 1st, and deservedly so, he is not a fit for our system.
I have seen several people say that scouting Tennessee is hard due to their unique offense and it is hard to get a feel on exactly what Wright can or cannot do because he was never asked to do a lot of different things. Not saying he can, but at the least it is something he can be trained up on since he is not practicing it, unless he really is physically unable to at a high level. He has a 9.47 RAS score so i don't think that is the case.

Edit: He didn't have any agility testing but his 40 and 20 yard split ranked very high.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I have seen several people say that scouting Tennessee is hard due to their unique offense and it is hard to get a feel on exactly what Wright can or cannot do because he was never asked to do a lot of different things. Not saying he can, but at the least it is something he can be trained up on since he is not practicing it, unless he really is physically unable to at a high level. He has a 9.47 RAS score so i don't think that is the case.
I hope you’re right that it was due to him playing so heavy. If he were able to lead pull, he’d be a viable cog in the Bears’ scheme. So, it is less about him being able to handle his assignments in the box or even to hit the second level off of combo blocks, but it’s really how slow he runs on a backside to play side lead pull that is what kills him. It’d be tough drafting an OL in the first because you hope he can speed up.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I hope you’re right that it was due to him playing so heavy. If he were able to lead pull, he’d be a viable cog in the Bears’ scheme. So, it is less about him being able to handle his assignments in the box or even to hit the second level off of combo blocks, but it’s really how slow he runs on a backside to play side lead pull that is what kills him. It’d be tough drafting an OL in the first because you hope he can speed up.
If you're seeing it show up on tape maybe it's an issue then. I was under the impression that it was hard to find film of him pulling.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
You’d have to imagine TE is addressed in this draft. Kmet, Tonyan are both FA’s after this year. TE might be addressed even earlier than most think.
I know you are a guy that watches college ball and are on top of the incoming prospects. There’s no question there are a number of intriguing options this year. I think a guy like LaPorta might be a good get especially if he’s there in round 4.

This is interesting…

Last edited:

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
You’d have to imagine TE is addressed in this draft. Kmet, Tonyan are both FA’s after this year. TE might be addressed even earlier than most think.

I think Kmet is going to get an extension. But they will most likely draft a TE. It's kind of an underwhelming class though. I would guess they'll wait 'til Day 3.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
He's probably the first guy off the board who wasn't at the combine. I'm not going to act like I've seen any Sacramento St games, but he was at the Senior Bowl and had a really good week, creating a crazy amount of buzz, so the lack of combine invite was surprising.

But he's a hybrid guy. He's a Kyzir White type, or similar to the UDFA the Bears signed after cuts last year, Sterling Weatherford. He's a box safety in base D and a nickel LB, who probably needs to add 7-12lbs and be a full-time LB. He looks like a good downhill athlete with some coverage ability, was willing to take on blocks in Mobile. And he'll be one of your best core special teams players. So a versatile guy, but IDK how the Bears take him. He may be a round 4 guy and they certainly don't need any more special teams LB types. But from what I understand, he's a fun player.