**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yeah, I read that. It’s insane, if true.

To me, Hooker is a 3rd round guy with upside. It’s just his age and injury, combined with he likely needs to sit and learn a year. Can’t be using a top 5 pick on that

Now, I do think he likely has a better career than Levis.
I like Hooker too but nowhere near round 1. This is a great year for the Vols though. They’ll be high profile throughout this draft.

It has to be great for recruiting along with the Bama highlights.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@knoxville7

Mike Tannenbaum has Hooker going top 5.

View attachment 27978

5. Seattle Seahawks (from DEN)​

Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee

OK, this one might raise some eyebrows, but hear me out. I think Hooker is really under-scouted right now, largely because he's coming off the torn ACL in his left knee. But I love his strong arm and 6-3 frame. Before the injury, Hooker looked great for the Vols. He led the nation in yards per attempt (9.5), threw two interceptions over 11 starts and was a top-10 passer in terms of completion percentage (69.6%). I see a potential franchise quarterback and someone who can lead an offense. Go watch his performance against Alabama if you disagree.

The Seahawks recently re-signed Geno Smith, but this is an excellent opportunity to draft and develop Hooker while also letting him rehab the knee. Smith turns 33 this season, and his new contract offers Seattle various outs over the next three seasons.”
Don't see it. Maybe later.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I like Hooker too but nowhere near round 1. This is a great year for the Vols though. They’ll be high profile throughout this draft.

It has to be great for recruiting along with the Bama highlights.
100%

It’s great to have Vols players getting drafted high and being talked about in the draft again

16 and 17 year old high school players absolutely watch the draft, and when they see certain teams sending multiple guys in the first few rounds…it makes an impact

Tennessee still has a ways to go to catch up to bama and Georgia in that regard, but they have certainly made progress under Heupel.

When Heupel took over, fucking kentucky had been sending more guys to the league. Embarrassing

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
100%

It’s great to have Vols players getting drafted high and being talked about in the draft again

16 and 17 year old high school players absolutely watch the draft, and when they see certain teams sending multiple guys in the first few rounds…it makes an impact

Tennessee still has a ways to go to catch up to bama and Georgia in that regard, but they have certainly made progress under Heupel.

When Heupel took over, fucking kentucky had been sending more guys to the league. Embarrassing
Charles Robinson used to get the business when the first Vol went off the board in the 4th or 5th round on NFL Network. Those days are over. I really enjoyed watching them take it to Bama last year. Hyatt had the game of a lifetime.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And he really dislikes Fields…
That's actually not true. His argument was more about starting over with a new QB on a rookie deal with a team that's so early in a rebuild and is a big fan of Bryce Young. He definitely never said he dislikes Fields.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
They fit fine in this D but not until we have a penetrating 3 tech that can prevent a QB from stepping up. There's lots of good DE in this draft but fewer top 3 techs. It's why I want that early.
Yeah, 3-tech is very shallow in this draft. That's why I refuse to take Jalen Carter off the board. I'm not a Bresee fan at all. And then guys like Adebawore and Kancey are not ideal size. After that, it's a bunch of guys with limited production and upside.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Charles Robinson used to get the business when the first Vol went off the board in the 4th or 5th round on NFL Network. Those days are over. I really enjoyed watching them take it to Bama last year. Hyatt had the game of a lifetime.
He, like many other Vols, have suffered for a good 17 years till this season.

For a really proud program, with rich tradition…it’s been rough. Especially when all of your rivals have found great success(many times at your expense) during that time. Bama, Florida, Georgia

That Tennessee/Bama game is one of those once in a lifetime type moments. I’ve never seen anything like that in a Tennessee football game, or felt anything like that. And I am old enough to where I was a teenager in 1998 when we won it all

Funny side note…Nick Saban has been crying about the realignment proposals for adding Texas and Oklahoma.

He whines that Alabama will have to play Tennessee, LSU, and Texas A&M every year and thinks that’s much harder than some of the other SEC west schools have it

He can shut the fuck right up. Tennessee has ALWAYS had to play Bama, Florida, and Georgia every single year.

Crying about competition…Saban is such a lil bitch boi

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah, 3-tech is very shallow in this draft. That's why I refuse to take Jalen Carter off the board. I'm not a Bresee fan at all. And then guys like Adebawore and Kancey are not ideal size. After that, it's a bunch of guys with limited production and upside.
Keep my man Kancey's name out your mouth.
will-smith-will-smith-slap.gif

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
The first I’ve heard of this Mingo guy
I mocked him to us in November.

https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/threads/way-too-early-mock-draft-can’t-believe-i’m-doing-this-sh-t-in-november-edition.91848/

5.) Jonathan Mingo WR Miss – The hands, the hands, the motherfucking hands!!!!! Yes there are some concentration drops, but the dude can catch! He falls because, despite his size, he won’t consistently take the top off of a D. He’s probably going to be a big slot. He’s not what many teams want, but, he could make our team complete as a sure-handed Z.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Love Fashanu. If he was in this draft, I wouldn't want anyone else at 9. I think he has true superstar upside. I could see him being the best OT in the league in his prime. Devastated that he stayed in school, but he's going to be top 5 for me next year.
Smart and thoughtful too…

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not exactly a ringing endorsement…

I was just saying he never said he disliked Fields and does like Young. Nothing he said there was wrong. Fields has a ton to prove in the passing game and decision making which i think we all should i agree with, i know i do.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I have seen several people say that scouting Tennessee is hard due to their unique offense and it is hard to get a feel on exactly what Wright can or cannot do because he was never asked to do a lot of different things. Not saying he can, but at the least it is something he can be trained up on since he is not practicing it, unless he really is physically unable to at a high level. He has a 9.47 RAS score so i don't think that is the case.

Edit: He didn't have any agility testing but his 40 and 20 yard split ranked very high.
I think it's hard to scout their WRs because they'll line them up one behind each other and like 3 yards from the sideline. So their guys never face press coverage and you confuse coverage because they create natural picks and spacing. But I think you can see a lot from their OL. They do run RPOs and such, but they also run some true pass sets and deep drops to get the ball down field. Some of their routes are slow developing as well, so they need to give the QB time. So Wright has shown he can hold up in true pass sets, IMO. Like I feel like he has more reps in true pass sets than Broderick Jones at Georgia. Georgia was heavy on the RPOs and pocket movement, and the ran the ball a ton with big leads early in games, so true pass set reps are few and far between for Jones (which is probably good, because he sucks at them right now).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Love Fashanu. If he was in this draft, I wouldn't want anyone else at 9. I think he has true superstar upside. I could see him being the best OT in the league in his prime. Devastated that he stayed in school, but he's going to be top 5 for me next year.
The trade up options in the 2024 draft are great options with Marvin Harrison Jr, Olu Fashanu and Brock Bowers and a couple guys we hopefully won't have to even think about trading up to draft in Caleb Williams and Drake May.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I mocked him to us in November.

https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/threads/way-too-early-mock-draft-can’t-believe-i’m-doing-this-sh-t-in-november-edition.91848/

5.) Jonathan Mingo WR Miss – The hands, the hands, the motherfucking hands!!!!! Yes there are some concentration drops, but the dude can catch! He falls because, despite his size, he won’t consistently take the top off of a D. He’s probably going to be a big slot. He’s not what many teams want, but, he could make our team complete as a sure-handed Z.
He has humongous hands. Just big ass Chef-Boyardee mitts. But he doesn't separate much at all. Lot of contested targets, because he doesn't have that twitch. But at 220 with those hands, he doesn't really have to be that open. He reminds of me of N'Keal Harry a bit. Just a big, powerful dude who has good speed, but no wiggle. Good open field if you can scheme him open.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Watching Hard Knocks Detroit Lions on NFL Network right now. If Lukas Van Ness has any chance at being the next Aiden Hutchinson then i want him at #9.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Watching Hard Knocks Detroit Lions on NFL Network right now. If Lukas Van Ness has any chance at being the next Aiden Hutchinson then i want him at #9.
Different types of players. Hutch is 6'7, 260. Van Ness 6'5", 272. Hutch has length and is much more bendy (3-cone was nuts!). Van Ness is a power rusher, who has speed to work with, but not as much bend/agility.