**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yeah it's kind of tough, because after Anderson, it's up in the air. The consensus next 3 are Tyree Wilson, Myles Murphy and Lukas Van Ness. But I'm a HUGE fan of Will McDonald and BJ Ojulari. If they were both 255, they'd be top 15 picks IMO. Even being smaller, I'd probably feel much better with one of them 2 in the late 1st or early 2nd more than I would about the other 3 in the top 10. I also love Nolan Smith, and he's probably the 2nd best pure pass rusher, but I don't see him as a fit for the Bears at 235 or whatever he is. Then there's Anudike-Uzomah (raw, freaky bend and tools), Isaiah Foskey (safe run defender, potential to improve pass rush), and Derick Hall (pure pass rusher, that doesn't have a clue in run D).

I'd probably go:

1. Anderson
2. Smith
3. Wilson
4. McDonald
5. Van Ness
6. Ojulari
7. Murphy
8. Anudike-Uzomah
9. Hall
10. Foskey

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
His name has been all over the board recently because he’s a real possibility at 9.

Yeah, I'm really starting to like his fit at 9. This scouting report mostly talks about him in press man, but I love him as a zone corner. I think you can have him press at the line (which he needs to get better at press) and then drop off into the flat or have him run back to the deep 1/3 in Cover 3. But I absolutely love him with his eyes on the QB. I also think he's smooth enough to put in the slot against bigger WRs. Like how Jaylon Johnson was shutting down Adams on the outside, then GB would put him in the slot and abuse Johnson. I think Gonzalez is a guy who can follow guys like Adams into the slot and hang with him just as well as he can on the outside. You don't want him covering guys smaller, shiftier guys in the slot like Tyreke Hill but he can matchup with the bigger WRs anywhere.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think Kmet is going to get an extension. But they will most likely draft a TE. It's kind of an underwhelming class though. I would guess they'll wait 'til Day 3.
That’s incorrect. This is considered one of the best TE classes in a long time

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

CHICAGO BEARS

Favorite: Signing guard Nate Davis

Davis is a good fit in the Bears and offensive coordinator Luke Getsy’s offensive scheme, with a similar outside-zone-based rushing attack as the system he started his career with in Tennessee. Davis’ 79.3 run-blocking grade on outside zone rushes over the past three seasons ranked seventh among guards, which is likely a big reason he was a top target.

Davis also earned a career-high 66.8 pass-blocking grade in 2022 and will still be 26 years old in Week 1 of 2023. These are the type of winning moves you make in free agency, not chasing near the top of the market at premium positions for non-premium players.

Least favorite: Lack of defensive line moves

Nate Davis is a picture-perfect fit for this Bears offense, and Chicago made a few other quality additions, but their defensive line unit is still among the worst in the league.

The Bears were smart to not go crazy in free agency, with many of the contracts for interior defenders way above the players’ actual value to this point in their careers. Furthermore, the additions of DeMarcus Walker as an inside-outside edge rusher and Andrew Billings as a nose tackle were smart and worthwhile. All of that said, Chicago will have to add talent that can contribute right away in next month’s draft.”

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
DE Isiah Foskey please
Tuli in the second.

If Kollman's assessment is on, then the guys outside the top ranks of pass rusher will fall, and Tuli is going to get overshadowed by other names. He is, however, my favorite 2nd round prospect at DL.

If Tackle werent so desperately bad I would offer to draft pass rushers with our first three picks and go center in the third.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
@knoxville7

Mike Tannenbaum has Hooker going top 5.

sea.png

5. Seattle Seahawks (from DEN)​

Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee

OK, this one might raise some eyebrows, but hear me out. I think Hooker is really under-scouted right now, largely because he's coming off the torn ACL in his left knee. But I love his strong arm and 6-3 frame. Before the injury, Hooker looked great for the Vols. He led the nation in yards per attempt (9.5), threw two interceptions over 11 starts and was a top-10 passer in terms of completion percentage (69.6%). I see a potential franchise quarterback and someone who can lead an offense. Go watch his performance against Alabama if you disagree.

The Seahawks recently re-signed Geno Smith, but this is an excellent opportunity to draft and develop Hooker while also letting him rehab the knee. Smith turns 33 this season, and his new contract offers Seattle various outs over the next three seasons.”

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah it's kind of tough, because after Anderson, it's up in the air. The consensus next 3 are Tyree Wilson, Myles Murphy and Lukas Van Ness. But I'm a HUGE fan of Will McDonald and BJ Ojulari. If they were both 255, they'd be top 15 picks IMO. Even being smaller, I'd probably feel much better with one of them 2 in the late 1st or early 2nd more than I would about the other 3 in the top 10. I also love Nolan Smith, and he's probably the 2nd best pure pass rusher, but I don't see him as a fit for the Bears at 235 or whatever he is. Then there's Anudike-Uzomah (raw, freaky bend and tools), Isaiah Foskey (safe run defender, potential to improve pass rush), and Derick Hall (pure pass rusher, that doesn't have a clue in run D).

I'd probably go:

1. Anderson
2. Smith
3. Wilson
4. McDonald
5. Van Ness
6. Ojulari
7. Murphy
8. Anudike-Uzomah
9. Hall
10. Foskey
They fit fine in this D but not until we have a penetrating 3 tech that can prevent a QB from stepping up. There's lots of good DE in this draft but fewer top 3 techs. It's why I want that early.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@knoxville7

View attachment 27978

OK, this one might raise some eyebrows, but hear me out. I think Hooker is really under-scouted right now, largely because he's coming off the torn ACL in his left knee. But I love his strong arm and 6-3 frame. Before the injury, Hooker looked great for the Vols. He led the nation in yards per attempt (9.5), threw two interceptions over 11 starts and was a top-10 passer in terms of completion percentage (69.6%). I see a potential franchise quarterback and someone who can lead an offense. Go watch his performance against Alabama if you disagree.

The Seahawks recently re-signed Geno Smith, but this is an excellent opportunity to draft and develop Hooker while also letting him rehab the knee. Smith turns 33 this season, and his new contract offers Seattle various outs over the next three seasons.”
Wonder why he doesn’t have a job anymore ?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I have seen several people say that scouting Tennessee is hard due to their unique offense and it is hard to get a feel on exactly what Wright can or cannot do because he was never asked to do a lot of different things. Not saying he can, but at the least it is something he can be trained up on since he is not practicing it, unless he really is physically unable to at a high level. He has a 9.47 RAS score so i don't think that is the case.

Edit: He didn't have any agility testing but his 40 and 20 yard split ranked very high.
Well said and something not many seem to think about on here. Just because these kids are playing in the scheme that the college they chose uses doesn't mean that's the only scheme they can play in. These kids could be just as good, or better, in a totally different scheme if they chose to go to another school.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@knoxville7

View attachment 27978

Yeah, I read that. It’s insane, if true.

To me, Hooker is a 3rd round guy with upside. It’s just his age and injury, combined with he likely needs to sit and learn a year. Can’t be using a top 5 pick on that

Now, I do think he likely has a better career than Levis.