**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Different types of players. Hutch is 6'7, 260. Van Ness 6'5", 272. Hutch has length and is much more bendy (3-cone was nuts!). Van Ness is a power rusher, who has speed to work with, but not as much bend/agility.
Well who's the next Aiden Hutchinson type because that kid will be a stud.

Tyree Wilson?
Myles Murphy?
Felix Anudike Uzomah?
Could Nolan Smith do it or just too small for a 4-3 defense?
Nobody?

I'm a T.Wilson and L.Van Ness fan.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah, I read that. It’s insane, if true.

To me, Hooker is a 3rd round guy with upside. It’s just his age and injury, combined with he likely needs to sit and learn a year. Can’t be using a top 5 pick on that

Now, I do think he likely has a better career than Levis.
Yeah he is a classic mid round QB. The upside is there but so many negatives that one practically intends to turn the player into a quality backup on a rookie deal instead of a quality starter, while the team continues to consider what the future at QB will be.

To that end, Seattle is somewhat of a perfect fit for him. Minnesota for that matter, too. I could see Tampa Bay drafting him and looking at their QB competition as Seattle did when they drafted Russell Wilson.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah he is a classic mid round QB. The upside is there but so many negatives that one practically intends to turn the player into a quality backup on a rookie deal instead of a quality starter, while the team continues to consider what the future at QB will be.

To that end, Seattle is somewhat of a perfect fit for him. Minnesota for that matter, too. I could see Tampa Bay drafting him and looking at their QB competition as Seattle did when they drafted Russell Wilson.
What would these "so many negatives" be? I like the kid but i also don't think i do as much homework on some players as some of you do.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@knoxville7

Mike Tannenbaum has Hooker going top 5.

View attachment 27978

5. Seattle Seahawks (from DEN)​

Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee

OK, this one might raise some eyebrows, but hear me out. I think Hooker is really under-scouted right now, largely because he's coming off the torn ACL in his left knee. But I love his strong arm and 6-3 frame. Before the injury, Hooker looked great for the Vols. He led the nation in yards per attempt (9.5), threw two interceptions over 11 starts and was a top-10 passer in terms of completion percentage (69.6%). I see a potential franchise quarterback and someone who can lead an offense. Go watch his performance against Alabama if you disagree.

The Seahawks recently re-signed Geno Smith, but this is an excellent opportunity to draft and develop Hooker while also letting him rehab the knee. Smith turns 33 this season, and his new contract offers Seattle various outs over the next three seasons.”

I think it’s a good idea not to take the opinion of the guy who drafted Mark Sanchez too seriously.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It Beer Goggle season. Guys shoot up and down boards depending on which way the wind is blowing.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Tyree Wilson?
Myles Murphy?
Felix Anudike Uzomah?
Nobody?

Don't see one in this class. Wilson has the length (and then some) but nowhere near the agility. All the guys that have similar agility are much smaller.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
He, like many other Vols, have suffered for a good 17 years till this season.

For a really proud program, with rich tradition…it’s been rough. Especially when all of your rivals have found great success(many times at your expense) during that time. Bama, Florida, Georgia

That Tennessee/Bama game is one of those once in a lifetime type moments. I’ve never seen anything like that in a Tennessee football game, or felt anything like that. And I am old enough to where I was a teenager in 1998 when we won it all

Funny side note…Nick Saban has been crying about the realignment proposals for adding Texas and Oklahoma.

He whines that Alabama will have to play Tennessee, LSU, and Texas A&M every year and thinks that’s much harder than some of the other SEC west schools have it

He can shut the fuck right up. Tennessee has ALWAYS had to play Bama, Florida, and Georgia every single year.

Crying about competition…Saban is such a lil bitch boi
Can't stand Saban, what a jerk.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I think Kmet is going to get an extension. But they will most likely draft a TE. It's kind of an underwhelming class though. I would guess they'll wait 'til Day 3.
You don't mean underwhelming really do you? Everyone says it's a super strong group 7-8+ starters.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You don't mean underwhelming really do you? Everyone says it's a super strong group 7-8+ starters.
Washington
Mayer
Musgrave
Kincaid
La Porta
Kuntz
Kraft
Schoonmaker
Latu
Durham
Even Mallory & Josh Whyle are very viable later round picks.

It’s just a stacked class; it kept the price tags down on FA TE’s.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If you're seeing it show up on tape maybe it's an issue then. I was under the impression that it was hard to find film of him pulling.
So, I was like, I remember watching it AND posting it, then I started looking for it today, and now I remember why I can’t find it: it got pulled down for violation. It was one of the Windy City all 22 vids that got pulled.

So, I’m not even sure how to post it if it’s gone. If I come across any video of him being too slow lead pulling where the WR actually ran past him, I will.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Tyree Wilson?
Myles Murphy?
Felix Anudike Uzomah?
Nobody?

There really isn’t one. Maybe in terms of a physical comp, there is Zach Harrison, but he’s being projected into the 3rd round! It kind of is why people are saying t DE is so deep, it’s a hodge lodge with no real outlier with all the qualities you want. I mean, even the top dude, Anderson is more of a 3-4 OLB due to his size.