**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There's no "crying" going on. I'm pointing out Qb development,
I mentioned both Hall and O'Connell . Both have around 4.6 , 4.7 speed, Clayyon Tune is another good mobile Qb.
When I say "mobile" it doesn't mean rusher. It means moving around and making things happen in or outta the pocket.
He's not mobile. You've never watched him play, stop pretending you have. Mobile QBs can run in college. They don't average -2.9 ypc because they are mobile enough to run and get away from pressure. He doesn't make things happen outside the pocket. He's a statue.

Walterfootball never actually timed his 40 either.

Your development thing was based on him being mobile and able to run. He is neither.

Again, if the Bears want to draft a developmental guy, Peterman can be cut with no issue. It's nothing to cry about.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I know you are a guy that watches college ball and are on top of the incoming prospects. There’s no question there are a number of intriguing options this year. I think a guy like LaPorta might be a good get especially if he’s there in round 4.

This is interesting…

I like Tucker a lot as a prospect. Good athletic receiver that can also block. Has to make the jump from a smaller school. Would like him in the 4th.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
There's no "crying" going on. I'm pointing out Qb development,
I mentioned both Hall and O'Connell . Both have around 4.6 , 4.7 speed, Clayyon Tune is another good mobile Qb.
When I say "mobile" it doesn't mean rusher. It means moving around and making things happen in or outta the pocket.
He's not mobile. You've never watched him play, stop pretending you have. Mobile QBs can run in college. They don't average -2.9 ypc because they are mobile enough to run and get away from pressure. He doesn't make things happen outside the pocket. He's a statue.

Walterfootball never actually timed his 40 either.

Your development thing was based on him being mobile and able to run. He is neither.

Again, if the Bears want to draft a developmental guy, Peterman can be cut with no issue. It's nothing to cry about.

You need to lose the negative "crying" projection. This is about a Qb development observation.
The initial comment/ discussion is not about what the Bears "want". I said the Bears should start developing their own Qb's. That's what successful teams like N.E. and G.B. do. Either they start 'em or trade 'em. We do not develop Qb's. Period.

You keep focusing on O'Connell I've seen some film on him. He can move around. I've seen varying reports on his 40 time. Again, I'm not looking for a "rushing Qb". Also I brought up >>> Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune as mobile-type Qb's the Bears can look at in later rounds>>> For Qb development

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You need to lose the negative "crying" projection. This is about a Qb development observation.
The initial comment/ discussion is not about what the Bears "want". I said the Bears should start developing their own Qb's. That's what successful teams like N.E. and G.B. do. Either they start 'em or trade 'em.

You keep focusing on O'Connell I've seen some film on him. He can move around. I've seen varying reports on his 40 time. Again, I'm not looking for a "rushing Qb". Also I brought up >>> Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune as mobile-type Qb's the Bears can look at in later rounds>>> For Qb development
O'Connell can't move around well. He can't run. This is easily demonstrable. He's slow footed, and that shows on his tape and in his woeful running stats. He could have run the 40 at the combine, but chose not to.

The Bears have a QB they are developing and if they want they can draft another and cut Peterson with no cap issues. This is why it's crying - it has no bearing on them drafting on should they want. GB has never developed a low round QB into a starting caliber player.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The initial comment/ discussion is not about what the Bears "want". I said the Bears should start developing their own Qb's. That's what successful teams like N.E. and G.B. do. Either they start 'em or trade 'em. We do not develop Qb's. Period.

O'Connell can't move around well. He can't run. This is easily demonstrable. He's slow footed, and that shows on his tape and in his woeful running stats.

The Bears have a QB they are developing and if they want they can draft another and cut Peterson with no cap issues. This is why it's crying - it has no bearing on them drafting on should they want. GB has never developed a low round QB into a starting caliber player.

We're done focusing on O'Connell. Again, I brought up Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune as mobile-type Qb's the Bears can look at in later rounds>>> For Qb development

If u go back and read what I said......."teams like N.E. and G.B. do. Either they start 'em or trade 'em.". Nobody said anything about "draft status". The discussion is about Qb development. We do not have a history of developing Qb's. Period. Please read that again.

You keep saying the Bears "can cut Peterman". But they resigned him. No where does it say they're gonna cut him. If you're good with the Bears and Peterman. Good.

Again, I brought up Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune as mobile-type Qb's the Bears can look at in later rounds>>> For Qb development. I want us to reload, stabilize and strengthen the Qb position for years to come. We shouldn't be in a Qb quandary every 3-4 yrs. Therefore, Qb development is a necessary component. If u disagree...so be it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
We're done focusing on O'Connell. Again, I brought up Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune as mobile-type Qb's the Bears can look at in later rounds>>> For Qb development

If u go back and read what I said......."teams like N.E. and G.B. do. Either they start 'em or trade 'em.". Nobody said anything about "draft status". The discussion is about Qb development. We do not have a history of developing Qb's. Period. Please read that again.

You keep saying the Bears "can cut Peterman". But they resigned him. No where does it say they're gonna cut him. If you're good with the Bears and Peterman. Good.

Again, I brought up Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune as mobile-type Qb's the Bears can look at in later rounds>>> For Qb development. I want us to reload, stabilize and strengthen the Qb position for years to come. We shouldn't be in a Qb quandary every 3-4 yrs. Therefore, Qb development is a necessary component. If u disagree...so be it.
You are struggling here. Le me explain in a bit more depth.

1.The Bears have a QB they are developing. His name is Justin Fields.

2. The Packers have never drafted and successfully developed or traded a QB drafted in the late rounds. This is where the players you suggest the Bears draft will be drafted. And then you used the Packers as an example of why this is a good idea. Do you see the logical flaw there?

3. They resigned him because it makes sense to have a practice team QB in case you don't draft one. Your whole premise is based on the idea that signing Peterman somehow keeps them from draft a developmental QB, when this is not the case. Do you see the logical flaw there?

4. Aiden O'Connell is still not a mobile QB.

5. The points you make in bold in the last two paragraphs are all strawmen. They are things you are making up that I didn't write. Please stick to what's actually being written.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

The Packers have only drafted 4 QB's since Rodgers in 2005 and traded ZERO, the Patriots drafted 12 QB's since Brady with significant draft capital, they have traded Brissett for a bust WR that did nothing, received a 7th rd pick for a guy, Ryan Mallett, that they got 1 completion and 4 total passes out of as a 3rd roud pick and got a 2nd for Cassell and Vrabel.

By in larger the bulllshit that those teams develop and trade QB's is about as moronidc as your O'Connell is a mobile QB take. You seriously just talk shit out of your ass to look like you have shit clue and then want to move on when someone points out you are clueless.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The days of the Packers drafting and developing late round QB’s died around the early 2000’s. They have been awful at it—Brian Brohm was off the roster in 1year(might be incorrect) and he was a 2nd round pick in 2008

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Just saw this.......
QB Nathan Peterman is re-signing with the Bears

IMO this is a wasted RE-signing. There are young mobile Qb's out there who we could bring in and develop.
For example.....Aidian O'Connell, Purdue or Jaren Hall, BYU. These guys will likely be around at the end of the draft.
We need to start developing our own young Qb's. Peterman is a step in the wrong direction. We'll never get anything
for this guy.
Agree, terrible signing, I see no logic to it.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The days of the Packers drafting and developing late round QB’s died around the early 2000’s. They have been awful at it—Brian Brohm was off the roster in 1year(might be incorrect) and he was a 2nd round pick in 2008
At one point in his college days he was considered a future star, Johnny Unitas type, stayed in college 1 year too long, fell out of favor and was a big time bust.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Who has GB ever "developed"?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
A lot of the league was enamored with this idea for a while. As it turns out even the very rare hits in the later rounds like Dak Prescott or Kirk Cousins wind up just giving teams "good, but not good enough to win a title" quarterback play. Packers just had the same level of success with that strategy as basically every other team who tried it (failure).

Obviously quarterbacks still get drafted late but its rare that teams hand the keys over to those late-round guys. This Sam Howell situation in Washington is worth watching to see if they actually go through with it. It is not as en vogue as it once was.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Too early as of now…but if he doesn’t stay healthy and ball out next year it’s bust o’clock
He and Justin are friends so bring them in