**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Who has GB ever "developed"?

Rodgers and Love. GB always reloads at Qb. They've for the most part have always had better Qb;s than us. And no..I'm not a GB fan. I'd just like to us reload at Qb when ever that time comes.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

Canth

Liked Posts:
Rodgers and Love. GB always reloads at Qb. They've for the most part have always had better Qb;s than us. And no..I'm not a GB fan. I'd just like to us reload at Qb when ever that time comes.
1. No one knows much about Love because he has barely played

2. They traded up for Love in the first round. He is not a late round development guy to maybe trade later. They expected him to replace Rodgers at some point.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
1. No one knows much about Love because he has barely played

2. They traded up for Love in the first round. He is not a late round development guy to maybe trade later. They expected him to replace Rodgers at some point.

Well my point is GB always seems to reload at Qb.....going back to the days of Lynn Dickey, If a Qb doesn't work out,
they always seem to have one waiting in the wings

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Christian Gonzales would be a very on-brand Bears pick at 9 and I don't mean that as a positive.

It'd be another example of this franchise placing the emphasis on defense instead of offense. It's even more egregious in this era of offensive football and us finally having a young franchise QB.

You'd hope after Poles failed to help Fields last off-season he'd give him what he needs this draft (a proper tackle to block for him).

Fields got his shit kicked last season because Poles went bargain bin shopping on the OL and at WR. Now Poles has remedied the WR mess, let's do the same on the OL.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
We're done focusing on O'Connell. Again, I brought up Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune as mobile-type Qb's the Bears can look at in later rounds>>> For Qb development

If u go back and read what I said......."teams like N.E. and G.B. do. Either they start 'em or trade 'em.". Nobody said anything about "draft status". The discussion is about Qb development. We do not have a history of developing Qb's. Period. Please read that again.

You keep saying the Bears "can cut Peterman". But they resigned him. No where does it say they're gonna cut him. If you're good with the Bears and Peterman. Good.

Again, I brought up Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune as mobile-type Qb's the Bears can look at in later rounds>>> For Qb development. I want us to reload, stabilize and strengthen the Qb position for years to come. We shouldn't be in a Qb quandary every 3-4 yrs. Therefore, Qb development is a necessary component. If u disagree...so be it.

You are struggling here. Le me explain in a bit more depth.

1.The Bears have a QB they are developing. His name is Justin Fields.
Ok.....I never said otherwise. The point is also picking up a young Qb to develop at 3rd string i.e. Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune

2. The Packers have never drafted and successfully developed or traded a QB drafted in the late rounds. This is where the players you suggest the Bears draft will be drafted. And then you used the Packers as an example of why this is a good idea. Do you see the logical flaw there?
They did it with Matt Flynn, Also Don Majkowski, Brett Farve, Aaron Rodgers were all developed. Now Jordan Love is waiting in the wings, No we don;t know how he'll work out. If he doesn't GB will just reload based on their history

3. They resigned him because it makes sense to have a practice team QB in case you don't draft one. Your whole premise is based on the idea that signing Peterman somehow keeps them from draft a developmental QB, when this is not the case. Do you see the logical flaw there?
Please copy and paste where I said Peterman will keep the Bears from drafting a developmental QB. My point was go after a young Qb prospect i.e. Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune vs a Peterman. And I get it....O'Connell is not a rusher. I also initially submitted Jalen Hall and u said nothing about him.
4. Aiden O'Connell is still not a mobile QB.
See #3
5. The points you make in bold in the last two paragraphs are all strawmen. They are things you are making up that I didn't write. Please stick to what's actually being written.

What I said was....."If u disagree...so be it."
Now.......Please copy & paste where I used strawman tactics. Please show where I made up what "you didn't write" Thanks

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Matt Flynn & Don Majik were bums.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Ok.....I never said otherwise. The point is also picking up a young Qb to develop at 3rd string i.e. Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune

They did it with Matt Flynn, Also Don Majkowski, Brett Farve, Aaron Rodgers were all developed. Now Jordan Love is waiting in the wings, No we don;t know how he'll work out. If he doesn't GB will just reload based on their history

Please copy and paste where I said Peterman will keep the Bears from drafting a developmental QB. My point was go after a young Qb prospect i.e. Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune vs a Peterman. And I get it....O'Connell is not a rusher. I also initially submitted Jalen Hall and u said nothing about him.

See #3

Now.......Please copy & paste where I used strawman tactics. Please show where I made up what "you didn't write" Thanks
Jaren Hall*

O'Connell is not mobile

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I want that type of protection on my QBs blind side.

Paris Johnson Jr’s career in pass protection
925 Pass Block Snaps
1 QB Hit Allowed

You always key in on whats important :)(y)

And you have one of the best avatars

1680406045928.png??

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:

See #3

You are flailing so hard. I feel bad for you, it must really be tough to be in your position, but thinking things through is better. Try to do that more in the future.

Aaron Rodgers was drafted in the first round. Matt Flynn was not developed, he had three good games and then flamed out. He played seven seasons and totaled 2500 yards in his career.
Don Majkowski? Really you are going to make that argument? That is sad, and shows anyone who knows anything that your are being a fool.

Your whole point, the entire purpose of your post was that signing Peterman was bad because the Bears need to draft and develop a QB. What other point were you trying to make?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just saw this.......
QB Nathan Peterman is re-signing with the Bears

IMO this is a wasted RE-signing. There are young mobile Qb's out there who we could bring in and develop.
For example.....Aidian O'Connell, Purdue or Jaren Hall, BYU. These guys will likely be around at the end of the draft.
We need to start developing our own young Qb's. Peterman is a step in the wrong direction. We'll never get anything
for this guy.

Teams will sometimes have 4 QBs in camp. Non issue.

Last edited:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
You are flailing so hard. I feel bad for you, it must really be tough to be in your position, but thinking things through is better. Try to do that more in the future.

Aaron Rodgers was drafted in the first round. Matt Flynn was not developed, he had three good games and then flamed out. He played seven seasons and totaled 2500 yards in his career.
Don Majkowski? Really you are going to make that argument? That is sad, and shows anyone who knows anything that your are being a fool.

Your whole point, the entire purpose of your post was that signing Peterman was bad because the Bears need to draft and develop a QB. What other point were you trying to make?
I imagine he'll keep copying and pasting the same shit until you give up educating him.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You are struggling here. Le me explain in a bit more depth.

1.The Bears have a QB they are developing. His name is Justin Fields.

2. The Packers have never drafted and successfully developed or traded a QB drafted in the late rounds. This is where the players you suggest the Bears draft will be drafted. And then you used the Packers as an example of why this is a good idea. Do you see the logical flaw there?

3. They resigned him because it makes sense to have a practice team QB in case you don't draft one. Your whole premise is based on the idea that signing Peterman somehow keeps them from draft a developmental QB, when this is not the case. Do you see the logical flaw there?

4. Aiden O'Connell is still not a mobile QB.
See #3

5. The points you make in bold in the last two paragraphs are all strawmen. They are things you are making up that I didn't write. Please stick to what's actually being written.

At every turn GB has done better than us at the QB position. When one Qb was done they reload.
I made a request at point #3 and #5. ?
Also if you're good with Peterman. Ok. I can't tell you who to like as a 3rd string Qb. I gave my opinion and you gave yours

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Teams will sometimes have 4 QBs in camp. Non issue.

Hopefully we'll bring a young Qb to supplant Peterman in camp. Siemian was ok to bring last yr.
But I was never a fan Peterman coming to Chicago. I still remember how he flopped with the Bills when they tried to force fed him into the starting line-up.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

See #3

At every turn GB has done better than us at the QB position. When one Qb was done they reload.
I made a request at point #3 and #5. ?
Also if you're good with Peterman. Ok. I can't tell you who to like as a 3rd string Qb. I gave my opinion and you gave yours
You are a troubled person. I hope you get better. I doubt that is possible because I think it's just part of your brain. But I wish it for you.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Matt Flynn & Don Majik were bums.

Right....but GB was able to pawn Flynn off to Seattle. And when Majik was at the end, they came up with Farve,
We don't have a history of reloading at Qb. Hopefully, we'll have JF for another decade. And along the way maybe we'll
get a Qb or 2 where we can pawn off on someone.