**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You are an idiot. Everyone can read.
IMO this is a wasted RE-signing. There are young mobile Qb's out there who we could bring in and develop.
For example.....Aidian O'Connell, Purdue or Jaren Hall, BYU. These guys will likely be around at the end of the draft.
We need to start developing our own young Qb's. Peterman is a step in the wrong direction. We'll never get anything
for this guy.

The chances of them cutting Peterman are probably low.

So tell me, in your own words and not something that you wrote in a previous post because they are all word vomit, why was signing Peterson to a league minimum deal a wasted signing? Both posts above makes clear that you think this is the case because it will stop the Bears from drafting a late round QB. But that is not the case.

Point 5 was 100% accurate. Again, people here can read what you write. If you don't want to be messed with be less disingenuous. That means stop lying.
I am trying to figure out what "wasted resigning" means, as though there's a limit on how many guys you can resign.

Not saying it's a great move or terrible move, as it is for the most part insignificant, and does not prevent the Bears from making any specific moves in the draft or afterward. But 'wasted"?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I dont think he intentionally lies, I think he's actually too dumb to understand what his words mean or else he's a bot that just repeats the same nonsense.
I suspect that too, testing the theory out here.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I am trying to figure out what "wasted resigning" means, as though there's a limit on how many guys you can resign.

Not saying it's a great move or terrible move, as it is for the most part insignificant, and does not prevent the Bears from making any specific moves in the draft or afterward. But 'wasted"?
He obviously thought signing Peterman would preclude the Bears drafting a QB late, I told him I didn't think that was accurate, and he's spent a dozen posts trying to tell me that's not what he argued.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I hear you but I sat and watched them go toe to toe at Soldier Field. Fields looked bigger, faster and all around better than Hurts that Sunday. He was better in HS. He was better in college.

It’s not crazy to think Justin will be better as a pro. Do you think Jalen would have been able to put up the points and match the excitement for this franchise if he was QB1 here the last year?

The Eagles were stacked last year front to back on both sides of the ball with arguably the best offensive line in football. His number two receiver is a Heisman Trophy winner. His running back rushed for 1,269 yards and 11 TDs. He has a top tier TE.

Rank is certainly a homer but as an extrapolation, I don’t think it’s outrageous.

Fields didn’t even have Mooney or Claypool in that game. The man had the worst center, a revolving door at right tackle and was throwing to ESB, Pettis l, Nsimba Webster and Pringle for most of the last month. That said, I can’t rank him above those guys just yet. He will get there I have little doubt unless the organization completely fails him. But the talent and intangibles are there. The season can’t start soon enough. But I will say put most QBs on the 2022 Bears and they wouldn’t survive but a few games much less thrive.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think (as most do) that Indy trades to #3 and takes their QB there. They simply cannot risk it. They have to move to 3.
Unless they somehow have Levis and Richardson rated the same.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I hear you but I sat and watched them go toe to toe at Soldier Field. Fields looked bigger, faster and all around better than Hurts that Sunday. He was better in HS. He was better in college.

It’s not crazy to think Justin will be better as a pro. Do you think Jalen would have been able to put up the points and match the excitement for this franchise if he was QB1 here the last year?

The Eagles were stacked last year front to back on both sides of the ball with arguably the best offensive line in football. His number two receiver is a Heisman Trophy winner. His running back rushed for 1,269 yards and 11 TDs. He has a top tier TE.

Rank is certainly a homer but as an extrapolation, I don’t think it’s outrageous.
Jalen Hurts wasn't good only in 2022, he was also good in 2021.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Fields didn’t even have Mooney or Claypool in that game. The man had the worst center, a revolving door at right tackle and was throwing to ESB, Pettis l, Nsimba Webster and Pringle for most of the last month. That said, I can’t rank him above those guys just yet. He will get there I have little doubt unless the organization completely fails him. But the talent and intangibles are there. The season can’t start soon enough. But I will say put most QBs on the 2022 Bears and they wouldn’t survive but a few games much less thrive.
Hassan Reddick and Hargrave were relentlessly harassing and hitting Fields all day too.

Reddick basically erased any chance Leatherwood had at RT. He tortured Leatherwood.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Ok.....I never said otherwise. The point is also picking up a young Qb to develop at 3rd string i.e. Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune

They did it with Matt Flynn, Also Don Majkowski, Brett Farve, Aaron Rodgers were all developed. Now Jordan Love is waiting in the wings, No we don;t know how he'll work out. If he doesn't GB will just reload based on their history

Please copy and paste where I said Peterman will keep the Bears from drafting a developmental QB. My point was go after a young Qb prospect i.e. Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune vs a Peterman. And I get it....O'Connell is not a rusher. I also initially submitted Jalen Hall and u said nothing about him.
It's amazing how almost everything you type is somehow incorrect. It almost defies logic.
1) GB did not draft nor develop Brett Favre. They traded a 1st round pick(17) for him and after playing in his 3rd game as a Packer was the starter until he was traded.
2) it's Jaren Hall
3) Flynn was not traded
4)After denying say it, you are repeating that signing Peterman is somehow an exclusion to drafting or signing a developmental QB. Why do you think it is,"Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune vs a Peterman?"
5) Peterman was signed to a league minimum $0 guaranteed contract just like this last season to be an OTA arm, was cut preseason, and then signed to a $345K practice squad contract. How in your brane would this ever, in any way, effect bringing in a developmental QB?

A blind squirrel is right more often than you

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I think a lot of people on here fail to see how important it is to get players that fit your scheme. Some players are scheme-proof of course but the majority simply are not. Patriots wouldn’t have had the success they did if they didn’t draft or sign players based on scheme fit.
I’m sure Gabriel is talking about certain posters here with the Orlando Brown Jr scheme fit argument that went on.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's amazing how almost everything you type is somehow incorrect. It almost defies logic.
1) GB did not draft nor develop Brett Favre. They traded a 1st round pick(17) for him and after playing in his 3rd game as a Packer was the starter until he was traded.
2) it's Jaren Hall
3) Flynn was not traded
4)After denying say it, you are repeating that signing Peterman is somehow an excusion to drafting or signing a developmental QB. Why do you think it is,"Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune vs a Peterman?"
5) Peterman was signed to a league minimum $0 guaranteed contract just like this last season to be an OTA arm, was cut preseason, and then signed to a $345K practice squad contract. How in your brane would this ever, in any way, effect bringing in a developmental QB?

A blind squirrel is right more often than you
It's like P.J. Walker doesn't really exist on this bias driven board.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Christian Gonzales would be a very on-brand Bears pick at 9 and I don't mean that as a positive.

It'd be another example of this franchise placing the emphasis on defense instead of offense. It's even more egregious in this era of offensive football and us finally having a young franchise QB.

You'd hope after Poles failed to help Fields last off-season he'd give him what he needs this draft (a proper tackle to block for him).

Fields got his shit kicked last season because Poles went bargain bin shopping on the OL and at WR. Now Poles has remedied the WR mess, let's do the same on the OL.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would be surprised if they didn't get a T especially since FA wasn't as fruitful as we had liked in that regard.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

It’s also coming to light that UGA knew about the staffer’s speeding history and did nothing about it as well as the players. I talked about this in the Carter thread. Athens PD and UGA need to be held accountable with some heavy fines(to the families as well).