**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Only an idiot resorts to name calling when they've got nothing else.

U took what I said and twisted it in point #3. I never we couldn't get another Qb. My point now in the past, when we first signed Peterman that it was a waste.

Thats a lie. I didn't use a "strawman" against you. And you can't produce proof.

In point #5 I concluded by saying If you're good with the Bears and Peterman. Good.
I'll come back to copy and paste the rest of my thoughts in point #5. None of it was a "strawman"
No, name calling has nothing to do with the quality of someone's argument. That's just a defense mechanism for you because it's obvious to anyone who cares to read through the exchange that you are either being disingenuous or you are being an idiot.

Obviously you have no answer because there is no answer. If the Bears could still get another QB, why did you argue that signing Peterman is a waste because the Bears should draft and develop a late round QB? No matter what you write, it's not going to make sense because the premise is flawed.

You made up an argument and ascribed it to me. If you don't want to acknowledge that's what you did, fine. But you certainly inferred it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, name calling has nothing to do with the quality of someone's argument. That's just a defense mechanism for you because it's obvious to anyone who cares to read through the exchange that you are either being disingenuous or you are being an idiot.

Obviously you have no answer because there is no answer. If the Bears could still get another QB, why did you argue that signing Peterman is a waste because the Bears should draft and develop a late round QB? No matter what you write, it's not going to make sense because the premise is flawed.

You made up an argument and ascribed it to me. If you don't want to acknowledge that's what you did, fine. But you certainly inferred it.
His lens is clouded. He talked a lot of shit about Siemian as well. He was all about signing a 'mobile' RG3 which I guess he is compared to Siemian but RG3, in the last 4 years (starting 6 games), had a rating in the low 60s. He brought up Trevor's injury from a couple years previous (You know, unlike RG3) even though he played 6 games (started 4) the previous year for an 88 rating.

No one signed RG3 that year or since. His last ranking by NFL.com was as the 57th QB. Trevor's ranking before coming to the Bear was 38. I can't quite put my finger on it but what about these 2 players would have R&S so prefer RG3 and so dislike Siemian?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This is where I'm at. I would love for the Bears to be able to go BPA but unfortunately the path Bears took in FA doesn't really let them do that (not going to argue if thats wrong or righthere). Protecting Fields is more important for the Bears short, medium, and long term future than getting a stud CB, let alone a rookie who has a 1 in 4 chance of being a bust. Realistically if Poles takes another gamble at OL like he did last season and Fields gets injured on a dropback that's probably GG on Poles GM career.
The Bears' approach in the offseason - the trade and free agency - did just the opposite of what you're claiming. In the draft, they can, and likely will, go OL, DL and DB (in some order), with some skill position and depth added somewhere. They are not forced to go with any one position in Round 1, in spite of what many think. It's funny how fans simultaneously prop up Braxton Jones, but assume the Bears must draft OL at #9 in 2023.

What's really strange is how fans seem to have Poles and/or Flus on the hot seat in the middle of a rebuild. That could not be further from the case.

Meanwhile, Poles should avoid a CB who might bust, presumably to draft one of those "bust proof" positions.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is where I'm at. I would love for the Bears to be able to go BPA but unfortunately the path Bears took in FA doesn't really let them do that (not going to argue if thats wrong or righthere). Protecting Fields is more important for the Bears short, medium, and long term future than getting a stud CB, let alone a rookie who has a 1 in 4 chance of being a bust. Realistically if Poles takes another gamble at OL like he did last season and Fields gets injured on a dropback that's probably GG on Poles GM career.
You don't think they can take care of T with picks #53, #61 or #64 if they don't go T at #9?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You don't think they can take care of T with picks #53, #61 or #64 if they don't go T at #9?
The overwhelming odds are that any offensive tackle drafted with one of those three later picks will bust. Its a spin of the roulette wheel drafting a tackle in that range, and history backs me up on that. It might work out, but you won't be "taking care" of the position.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The overwhelming odds are that any offensive tackle drafted with one of those three later picks will bust. Its a spin of the roulette wheel drafting a tackle in that range, and history backs me up on that. It might work out, but you won't be "taking care" of the position.
It's the NFL draft, it's a spin of the roulette wheel drafting anywhere in the draft. Also it's the NFL draft and not the NBA draft and there's day one starters found throughout the draft and not hard to find in rounds 2 and 3.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Warren Sharp

@SharpFootball
·
Follow
most expensive WR rooms in 2023: 1. Rams - $51.9M 2. Cardinals - $51.7M 3. Broncos - $42.9M 4. Raiders - $42.0M 5. Jaguars - $39.0M 6. Bucs - $38.5M 7. Browns - $38.3M 8. Dolphins - $36.5M 9. Seahawks - $35.5M 10. Commanders - $32.5M 11. Bears - $31.5M 12. Chargers - $30.4M 13.…
9:56 PM · Mar 31, 2023

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's the NFL draft, it's a spin of the roulette wheel drafting anywhere in the draft. Also it's the NFL draft and not the NBA draft and there's day one starters found throughout the draft and not hard to find in rounds 2 and 3.
GM’s should just trade away all draft picks after round 1 and try to acquire average veterans with bloated contracts. That’s what he’s saying

dennehy

Liked Posts:
What's overwhelming mean?

I think RT isn't any less safe than most other positions at those spots. LT, yes.

I bet one of every three players drafted there statically goes on to be a multiyear starter, maybe even a bit higher than that.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
This is an equivocating and franky stupid response to the point that there are certian positions that its better to target at certain ranges of the draft. Assuming that you can just spend one of these picks and "take care" of offensive tackle is wrong, and except for the Saints drafting Terron Armstead in this range like ten years ago everyone who has attempted it has failed.

Its not a bad place to find pass rushers, runningbacks, guards and wide receivers. The odds aren't outstanding, but you can look back yourself and see it very plainly.

The Bears just fucked up this off-season. Is what it is. There's no way you fix this offensive and defensive line in one off-season, and even an obsessive use of draft picks to try and fix the offensive unit will probably fail. This is the culmination of years of neglect and straight up terrible personnel moves by the current GM. They would need to get lucky to have an offensive line that is even mediocre, let alone average.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Only an idiot resorts to name calling when they've got nothing else.
So exactly what kind of subhuman creep are you when you talk about shitting in mom's, wives, sisters, and daughters mouths?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What's overwhelming mean?

I think RT isn't any less safe than most other positions at those spots. LT, yes.

I bet one of every three players drafted there statically goes on to be a multiyear starter, maybe even a bit higher than that.
Overwhelming means that between picks fiftieth and seventy-fifth overall over the last ten drafts only two offensive tackles selected have been good. Bryan O'Neill and Terron Armstead. Maybe Abraham Lucas in Seattle becomes the third.

This is not for lack of trying either.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Overwhelming means that between picks fiftieth and seventy-fifth overall over the last ten drafts only two offensive tackles selected have been good. Bryan O'Neill and Terron Armstead. Maybe Abraham Lucas in Seattle becomes the third.

This is not for lack of trying either.
I don’t see how this logic is missed.

Of course it is entirely possible that the bears draft 3 picks here and 1 of them is a tackle and all 3 are day 1 starters, however there is a huge difference between possible and likely

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
KC Chiefs
Orlando Brown, starting LT— 83rd pick overall
Andrew Wylie, starting RT — UDFA

Philly Eagles
Jordan Mailita starting LT — 233rd pick

Lane Johnson, starting RT — 4th overall pick