**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Well look you're just going to make any excuse possible for this shit clinging to the nonsense belief that these late second/early third round picks are going to the basis of the Bears next competitive window becuase..uh..Billy Turner got drafted in that range like five years ago or something?

It would be one thing if the Bears had one of the tackle situations solved and had the pass rush already figured out. Then it'd be fine to defer this oustanding component to a later round. But your plan, and ostensibly Ryan Poles' plan, for this is totally wrong. You are building these units from absolute zero and laying the foundation with leftovers at the end of day two. It is destined to fail.
I think I'm going to wait to see what happens with the draft and the season, know that they just tore the roster down completely, that they have two firsts and plenty of cap space next year and probably another top 50 in 2025, and not wet my pants until it's clear that the Bears are still shit.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think I'm going to wait to see what happens with the draft and the season, know that they just tore the roster down completely, that they have two firsts and plenty of cap space next year and probably another top 50 in 2025, and not wet my pants until it's clear that the Bears are still shit.
Get ready for those two firsts to need to be packaged for a quarterback after this one gets fucking demolished all year behind by far the NFL's worst offensive line. What's baffling to me is that Bears fans watch this same movie again and again, yet still don't know how it ends.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How on earth the team picking first overall managed to somehow trade down from that first overall pick and still not have more than one pick in the top fifty is my central complaint. The short-sighted trade down from first overall and the horrible trade for Chase Claypool are why this offensive line thing is such a crisis. The Bears don't have the resources.
Part of securing Moore was taking the lower 2nd round pick. It was the final piece of the puzzle to make that happen.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Part of securing Moore was taking the lower 2nd round pick. It was the final piece of the puzzle to make that happen.
At some point the hyper focus to get DJ Moore from the Panthers overrode common sense and the Bears undersold the pick in a rush. To not get another selection in the top fifty for moving down eight spots from first overall was a huge mistake.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Get ready for those two firsts to need to be packaged for a quarterback after this one gets fucking demolished all year behind by far the NFL's worst offensive line. What's baffling to me is that Bears fans watch this same movie again and again, yet still don't know how it ends.
Sounds great, looking forward to it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Again, its extremely disengenous to use Orlando Brown Jr.'s draft position when taken by the Ravens when the Chiefs traded essentially a first round pick to get him. That's what it really cost, that's the investement the Chiefs made (and the Bears never do).

And really, this idea that the same dumpster diving mentality around the position that the Bears have had since John Tait will eventually pay off is dumb. But Bears fans just love it if it means they can bring in more mediocre wide receivers who will watch their careers wither in Chicago.
We're talking about where players were drafted not what a team traded to get an already established one and O.Brown was a 3rd round pick.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
At some point the hyper focus to get DJ Moore from the Panthers overrode common sense and the Bears undersold the pick in a rush. To not get another selection in the top fifty for moving down eight spots from first overall was a huge mistake.
Not really.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well look you're just going to make any excuse possible for this shit clinging to the nonsense belief that these late second/early third round picks are going to the basis of the Bears next competitive window becuase..uh..Billy Turner got drafted in that range like five years ago or something?

It would be one thing if the Bears had one of the tackle situations solved and had the pass rush already figured out. Then it'd be fine to defer this oustanding component to a later round. But your plan, and ostensibly Ryan Poles' plan, for this is totally wrong. You are building these units from absolute zero and laying the foundation with leftovers at the end of day two. It is destined to fail.
They could have both tackle spots solved if they would just put Tevin Jenkins back at RT. He can play there and be a very good RT.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How on earth the team picking first overall managed to somehow trade down from that first overall pick and still not have more than one pick in the top fifty is my central complaint. The short-sighted trade down from first overall and the horrible trade for Chase Claypool are why this offensive line thing is such a crisis. The Bears don't have the resources.
Do you not understand that DJ Moore, a proven #1 under a team friendly contract, is way more valuable than a top 50 pick?

If the Bears had traded #1 for #9, #16, #61 , 2024#1 and a 2025 #2 people would have flipped their shit. How do you not understand DJ Moore is sooooo much better than some unknown available unknown performance mid 1st rd pick?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

What crisis?

LT - 24 year old with a 75 grade and likely to improve in his 2nd season.
LG - 25 year old neither an 80 grade and likely to improve in his 2nd season at guard.
C - 31 year old who had a 75 grade last time he played C
RG - 27 year old with a 71 grade.
RT - ?

Not seeing a crisis. Seeing competent guys at 4 out 5 positions and you can find long term solutions at C and RT in the 2nd and 3rd round.

napo55

Liked Posts:
What crisis?

LT - 24 year old with a 75 grade and likely to improve in his 2nd season.
LG - 25 year old neither an 80 grade and likely to improve in his 2nd season at guard.
C - 31 year old who had a 75 grade last time he played C
RG - 27 year old with a 71 grade.
RT - ?

Not seeing a crisis. Seeing competent guys at 4 out 5 positions and you can find long term solutions at C and RT in the 2nd and 3rd round.
Sounds wonderful, but the world saw how poorly the line performed as Fields was the most sacked QB.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
No, name calling has nothing to do with the quality of someone's argument. That's just a defense mechanism for you because it's obvious to anyone who cares to read through the exchange that you are either being disingenuous or you are being an idiot.

Obviously you have no answer because there is no answer. If the Bears could still get another QB, why did you argue that signing Peterman is a waste because the Bears should draft and develop a late round QB? No matter what you write, it's not going to make sense because the premise is flawed.

You made up an argument and ascribed it to me. If you don't want to acknowledge that's what you did, fine. But you certainly inferred it.

I did answer u on Peterman check link#9,372
Let me know when u can respectfully ID the "strawman" you claimed I used against you.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
AMEN!
I'm sick and tired of the attacks around here and the mods are doing nothing about it! Don't worry, i've been screenshotting.
(y) Thanks......And i want you to know I respect the way you titled this this thread....." FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged! " I like this thread? as a refuge from the non football talk that goes on outside of here.

And you have my assurance, I'll will step away from this thread if I ever feel the need to name call, derail etc. G-d Bless you Anytime23 and have a great Sunday afternoon/evening ?:)(y)

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sounds wonderful, but the world saw how poorly the line performed as Fields was the most sacked QB.

The world also saw Fields hold the ball longer than any other QB including while in the pocket and WRs that failed to get open. Pretending it is all the OLs fault is simplistic.

Sometimes the OL sucked. Sometimes Fields had guys open and didn't deliver the ball and sometimes WRs weren't open.

Life is complicated that way.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I did answer u on Peterman check link#9,372
Let me know when u can respectfully ID the "strawman" you claimed I used against you.
That post doesn't answer my question, it answers someone else's. You are unable to answer my question because it would defy any type of logic to do so.

As I mentioned, you obviously inferred that I was happy with Peterman:
You keep saying the Bears "can cut Peterman". But they resigned him. No where does it say they're gonna cut him. If you're good with the Bears and Peterman. Good.

Again, I brought up Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune as mobile-type Qb's the Bears can look at in later rounds>>> For Qb development. I want us to reload, stabilize and strengthen the Qb position for years to come. We shouldn't be in a Qb quandary every 3-4 yrs. Therefore, Qb development is a necessary component. If u disagree...so be it.

You can quibble about definition, but the intent was certainly there to misrepresent my argument. You made up my disagreement about QB development being a necessary component and you made up that I'm good with Peterman. I never made either of those points. Because you phrased it the way you did doesn't mean you didn't make it up. That is disingenuous.

I also didn't write that you used it against me. Please quote where I said that. It's such a dumb game.