**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
(y) Thanks......And i want you to know I respect the way you titled this this thread....." FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged! " I like this thread? as a refuge from the non football talk that goes on outside of here.

And you have my assurance, I'll will step away from this thread if I ever feel the need to name call, derail etc. G-d Bless you Anytime23 and have a great Sunday afternoon/evening ?:)(y)
All good brother! Sometimes these things happen. A lot going on in this thread so sometimes you do what you gotta do!

You know we're always having a blessed Sunday out here! Hope all is well!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I imagine he'll keep copying and pasting the same shit until you give up educating him.
You would think at some point they would just give up on the endless back & forth, like either of them will be convinced to change their mind, what a joke.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
The world also saw Fields hold the ball longer than any other QB including while in the pocket and WRs that failed to get open. Pretending it is all the OLs fault is simplistic.

Sometimes the OL sucked. Sometimes Fields had guys open and didn't deliver the ball and sometimes WRs weren't open.

Life is complicated that way.
All this, and sometimes it all worked and then the WR would drop the fucking ball!!!!

Seriously, how many shit ass fucking bad drops did we see Fields complete and just sit staring, like us at the screen, like what in the living fuck, how did you drop that?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
That post doesn't answer my question, it answers someone else's. You are unable to answer my question because it would defy any type of logic to do so.

As I mentioned, you obviously inferred that I was happy with Peterman:
You keep saying the Bears "can cut Peterman". But they resigned him. No where does it say they're gonna cut him. If you're good with the Bears and Peterman. Good.

Again, I brought up Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune as mobile-type Qb's the Bears can look at in later rounds>>> For Qb development. I want us to reload, stabilize and strengthen the Qb position for years to come. We shouldn't be in a Qb quandary every 3-4 yrs. Therefore, Qb development is a necessary component. If u disagree...so be it.

You can quibble about definition, but the intent was certainly there to misrepresent my argument. You made up my disagreement about QB development being a necessary component and you made up that I'm good with Peterman. I never made either of those points. Because you phrased it the way you did doesn't mean you didn't make it up. That is disingenuous.

I also didn't write that you used it against me. Please quote where I said that. It's such a dumb game.

Thank you for producing my exact quote.

What part of the statement below is a strawman ? Keep in mind I'm giving & explaining my thoughts only....in line with the initial discussion.

Again, I brought up Jalen Hall & Clayton Tune as mobile-type Qb's the Bears can look at in later rounds>>> For Qb development. I want us to reload, stabilize and strengthen the Qb position for years to come. We shouldn't be in a Qb quandary every 3-4 yrs. Therefore, Qb development is a necessary component. If u disagree...so be it.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Overwhelming means that between picks fiftieth and seventy-fifth overall over the last ten drafts only two offensive tackles selected have been good. Bryan O'Neill and Terron Armstead. Maybe Abraham Lucas in Seattle becomes the third.

This is not for lack of trying either.
Where do Ryan Ramczyk, pick 32: Taylor Moton 2nd round pick 46: and Jordan Mailata, round 7 pick 235 fits on your list? Are they in the suck category as well?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

RAS Scores​

Cornerback​

Deonte Banks, Maryland: 9.99
Christian Gonzalez, Oregon: 9.96
Riley Moss, Iowa: 9.89
Julius Brents, Kansas State: 9.82
Cory Trice Jr, Purdue: 9.78
Darius Rush, South Carolina: 9.73
Joey Porter Jr, Penn State: 9.63
Mehki Garner, LSU: 9.62
Kelee Ringo, Georgia: 9.61
Jakorian Bennett, Maryland: 9.58
Cam Smith, South Carolina: 9.57
Emmanuel Forbes, Miss. State: 9.32
Kyu Blu Kelly, Stanford: 8.86
Tyrique Stevenson, Miami: 8.64
Jaylon Jones, Texas A&M: 8.51
Terrell Smith, Minnesota: 8.48
Cameron Mitchell, Northwestern: 8.23

This is why I feel the Bears won’t go CB at 9. There is a large list of athletic CBs that are also real football players in this draft class.

There’s one hell of a tough, accomplished CB not even on this list.

RAS isn’t everything, but I think it really matters to Poles, Cunningham and Flus when the tape backs the number.

We know from reports they’ve been checking out Brents.

Gonzales will obviously tempt them because his tape matches his eye popping athleticism.
This looks right, but did Weatherspoon not participate in drills.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

What part of the statement below is a strawman ? Keep in mind I'm giving & explaining my thoughts only....in line with the initial discussion.

The strawman is the implication that someone disagrees with that statement. You can re-sign Peterman and still reload, stabilize and strengthen the QB position so no idea what you are complaining about.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

'If you disagree, so be it.' My argument is that signing Peterman doesn't mean the Bears won't sign another QB. You were against the Peterman because of exactly that.

I don't really care if the Bears sign a 6th or 7th round QB to be their practice team guy, I will say that. The chances they become anything are small, and the Bears have a young QB who looks very good. But that wasn't my argument, as I stated above.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Exactly! Rescue him from Buffalo? They still have one of the most talented rosters in football and a fantastic fan base.

Allen is a beast and was obviously hampered after hurting his elbow against the Jets. Allen toughed it out for his team.

Diggs is showing his colors as a front runner.

He can fuck right off.

Buffalo is a team that should make a concerted effort to get Bijan Robinson.
Diggs is a diva.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

RAS Scores​

Cornerback​

Deonte Banks, Maryland: 9.99
Christian Gonzalez, Oregon: 9.96
Riley Moss, Iowa: 9.89
Julius Brents, Kansas State: 9.82
Cory Trice Jr, Purdue: 9.78
Darius Rush, South Carolina: 9.73
Joey Porter Jr, Penn State: 9.63
Mehki Garner, LSU: 9.62
Kelee Ringo, Georgia: 9.61
Jakorian Bennett, Maryland: 9.58
Cam Smith, South Carolina: 9.57
Emmanuel Forbes, Miss. State: 9.32
Kyu Blu Kelly, Stanford: 8.86
Tyrique Stevenson, Miami: 8.64
Jaylon Jones, Texas A&M: 8.51
Terrell Smith, Minnesota: 8.48
Cameron Mitchell, Northwestern: 8.23

This is why I feel the Bears won’t go CB at 9. There is a large list of athletic CBs that are also real football players in this draft class.

There’s one hell of a tough, accomplished CB not even on this list.

RAS isn’t everything, but I think it really matters to Poles, Cunningham and Flus when the tape backs the number.

We know from reports they’ve been checking out Brents.

Gonzales will obviously tempt them because his tape matches his eye popping athleticism.
This is a really good point. I think the sweet spot is on Day 2. Gonzalez, Witherspoon, Porter and Banks probably go 1st round. Cam Smith and Ringo are probably right on the cusp, depending on the team fit. But I think Forbes, Jones, Garner, Rush, Stevenson and Brents are all 2nd round guys. I'd be happy with any of these guys.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Exactly! Rescue him from Buffalo? They still have one of the most talented rosters in football and a fantastic fan base.

Allen is a beast and was obviously hampered after hurting his elbow against the Jets. Allen toughed it out for his team.

Diggs is showing his colors as a front runner.

He can fuck right off.

Buffalo is a team that should make a concerted effort to get Bijan Robinson.
Players dont give a shit about how good or bad the fanbase is.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The trade up options in the 2024 draft are great options with Marvin Harrison Jr, Olu Fashanu and Brock Bowers and a couple guys we hopefully won't have to even think about trading up to draft in Caleb Williams and Drake May.

Bears aren't giving a first to trade up next year

Everyone should start accepting that now

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
That post doesn't answer my question, it answers someone else's. You are unable to answer my question because it would defy any type of logic to do so.

As I mentioned, you obviously inferred that I was happy with Peterman:
You keep saying the Bears "can cut Peterman". But they resigned him. No where does it say they're gonna cut him. If you're good with the Bears and Peterman. Good.

You can quibble about definition, but the intent was certainly there to misrepresent my argument. You made up my disagreement about QB development being a necessary component and you made up that I'm good with Peterman. I never made either of those points. Because you phrased it the way you did doesn't mean you didn't make it up. That is disingenuous.

I also didn't write that you used it against me. Please quote where I said that. It's such a dumb game.

Sigh......ok check this out......
strawman- an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

Nothing I've said is misrepresented. I've been above board with u. Nor have I pulled a red herring on u.
I've maintained the same stance on the Peterman from the beginning. I also explained what I'd like to see the
Bears do in terms of young Qb development.

dennehy ..... Here's the bottom line, think what u will about me. When you see me make a statement(S) about the Bears direction, it's ultimately based on me wanting them to win another SB. I don't know if u saw the Bears win a SB. I did.
And I'm not use to seeing the Bears lose or make loser moves. Anyway.....I'll stop here. You can have the last word.

And enjoy your Sunday. GO BEARS !!!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Players dont give a shit about how good or bad the fanbase is.
Bill fans were showing up to players homes and digging out their driveways during their massive snowstorm. They get amazing support at home and on the road.

I’m pretty sure the Chargers get pissed when they have to use hand signals at home because there are more visiting fans in the stadium.

I was at a Bear - Falcon game in Atlanta and Matt Ryan had to call timeout because Bear fans were so loud he couldn’t get his audible called.

Do you really believe the Seahawks don’t appreciate the hostile environment their fans provide each home Sunday? I can guarantee the the defensive players are pleased.

What about the noise at Arrowhead? Do you think the Chiefs don’t appreciate that their fan base is that engaged and provide a huge home field advantage? I’m sure they would be just as happy if you could hear a pin drop in the stadium.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Bill fans were showing up to players homes and digging out their driveways during their massive snowstorm. They get amazing support at home and on the road.

I’m pretty sure the Chargers get pissed when they have to use hand signals at home because there are more visiting fans in the stadium.

I was at a Bear - Falcon game in Atlanta and Matt Ryan had to call timeout because Bear fans were so loud he couldn’t get his audible called.

Do you really believe the Seahawks don’t appreciate the hostile environment their fans provide each home Sunday? I can guarantee the the defensive players are pleased.

What about the noise at Arrowhead? Do you think the Chiefs don’t appreciate that their fan base is that engaged and provide a huge home field advantage? I’m sure they would be just as happy if you could hear a pin drop in the stadium.

I would also add that the players make money from jersey sales. Probably also other merchandise sales as well. So, there are also monetary reasons for them to like a strong fan base that supports the team.