**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bill fans were showing up to players homes and digging out their driveways during their massive snowstorm. They get amazing support at home and on the road.

I’m pretty sure the Chargers get pissed when they have to use hand signals at home because there are more visiting fans in the stadium.

I was at a Bear - Falcon game in Atlanta and Matt Ryan had to call timeout because Bear fans were so loud he couldn’t get his audible called.

Do you really believe the Seahawks don’t appreciate the hostile environment their fans provide each home Sunday? I can guarantee the the defensive players are pleased.

What about the noise at Arrowhead? Do you think the Chiefs don’t appreciate that their fan base is that engaged and provide a huge home field advantage? I’m sure they would be just as happy if you could hear a pin drop in the stadium.
i dont think any of that plays any role in if a player wants to play somewhere. That's what i mean by it. If you polled players on what they're going to think about when they get traded to another team, the fans is going to be near, if not at the very bottom of their cares and concerns.

Unless you grew up cheering for the Bears, then youd play an extra 20% harder for them because of fans and tradition and stuff.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
i dont think any of that plays any role in if a player wants to play somewhere. That's what i mean by it. If you polled players on what they're going to think about when they get traded to another team, the fans is going to be near, if not at the very bottom of their cares and concerns.

Unless you grew up cheering for the Bears, then youd play an extra 20% harder for them because of fans and tradition and stuff.
I agree with that. I’ll bet it does frustrate players that have fair weather fan bases in places like Arizona and Atlanta.

I’m sure money and a chance to play on a contender are certainly larger motivations.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The trade up options in the 2024 draft are great options with Marvin Harrison Jr, Olu Fashanu and Brock Bowers and a couple guys we hopefully won't have to even think about trading up to draft in Caleb Williams and Drake May.
"Who cares about the offensive and defensive lines?! We'll fix that next year with all those picks" meets "let's trade up for Marvin Harrison Jr.".

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I agree with that. I’ll bet it does frustrate players that have fair weather fan bases in places like Arizona and Atlanta.

I’m sure money and a chance to play on a contender are certainly larger motivations.
It does. There's enough player created content these days where these guys clearly are having candid conversations to know this stuff does matter, at least on gameday. Whether a player is going to take less money to play for a certain fanbase? Skeptical on that one.

But you know its like any new job or new contract you get. You can get real excited about a lot of stuff that really just don't matter, but its natural in the moment to hype up your new opportunity. We all do it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Where do Ryan Ramczyk, pick 32: Taylor Moton 2nd round pick 46: and Jordan Mailata, round 7 pick 235 fits on your list? Are they in the suck category as well?
He just talks out of his ass

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Probably because it's not missed by anyone. People are just saying that just because the odds over the years don't favor it doesn't mean it can't happen and hasn't happened.
Right, so I don’t see why anyone would support a move that we can all admit has lower odds to succeed.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Not the best look for Poles in that article.
How so? I read it as Poles didn't like CAR first offer at the combine that didn't include one of the 3 players he wanted, so CAR backed out, looked into Carr and then doubled back offering DJ Moore in place of the 3rd 1st rd pick, and the 61 and future 2nd instead of 39.

IMO, Poles could have held out for the 39, but then they wouldn't have the 2025 2nd, so kinda of a wash there.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don’t know why you would say it’s not the best look for Poles in that article.

I thought it was interesting looking back that the Bears interviewed all the top quarterbacks in large part to get an idea how they interviewed and how attractive they would be to other teams.

At the time people thought that that meant they were not showing confidence in Justin Fields but they were also getting a feel for how these QBs would be viewed by other teams, which is important.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
How so? I read it as Poles didn't like CAR first offer at the combine that didn't include one of the 3 players he wanted, so CAR backed out, looked into Carr and then doubled back offering DJ Moore in place of the 3rd 1st rd pick, and the 61 and future 2nd instead of 39.

IMO, Poles could have held out for the 39, but then they wouldn't have the 2025 2nd, so kinda of a wash there.
Agree, I didn't mean that he got less than he should of, just that they referred to him as anxious a few times and perhaps a little to eager to get a deal done before free agency started.

I thought the deal was right about where I thought it should be. But it also sounds like he had CAR ready to move to #2 and wasn't willing to wait on HOU. Who knows if that could have worked but that was probably absolute best case scenario. I don't blame him at all, though.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Not the best look for Poles in that article.
I’m not seeing that at all. He used his analytics team to plot scenarios and determine value. He reached out to a GM in another sport to help figure out the value of including a veteran player in the equation as opposed to simply draft picks.

He used knowledge he gained in previous meetings to help him determine how motivated suitors might be in pursuit of the top pick.

Also, he didn’t get greedy and have this deal potentially evaporate.

The article gives the impression that Poles is playing Chess, and is committed to building the Bears the right way.

Poles, Warren, and Cunningham are a breath of fresh air for this franchise. I feel like the bumbling McCaskey ownership group like the “blind squirrel” have finally found a “nut.”

Last edited: