**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If Carter drops to 9. Make The Eagles trade up, Bears are not one player away,

Most of the T are A reach at 9 IMO
This makes no sense. "The Bears are not 1 player away" so never take a player? They don't have the #1 pick anymore. This is the 9th pick. They are already running out of blue chip players at 9, Carter is thought to be the best player in the draft by many. The Bears still have like 10 other picks. When does "not 1 player away" go away if not at #9? When is this magical number where all of a sudden you can actually pick players?

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
This makes no sense. "The Bears are not 1 player away" so never take a player? They don't have the #1 pick anymore. This is the 9th pick. They are already running out of blue chip players at 9, Carter is thought to be the best player in the draft by many. The Bears still have like 10 other picks. When does "not 1 player away" go away if not at #9? When is this magical number where all of a sudden you can actually pick players?

1 player away

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This though I have no idea if Carter is a good choice. I'm not against a trade down but if Poles has one of his blue chips in a position of need at 9, go for it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lol but I wasnt wrong. Claypool has outproduced Kmet and you are just making excuses for that. 2355 yards and 14 TDs is better than 1405 and 9 TDs. Sorry.
One is a WR and the other is a combo blocking/receiving TE that sat for his 1st year in the pro’s. Comparing a TE production to a WR’s production might be one of the more Special person arguments this board has had. Next up, maybe we can compare Blasingame’s production to Montgomery’s!!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This though I have no idea if Carter is a good choice. I'm not against a trade down but if Poles has one of his blue chips in a position of need at 9, go for it.
I'm not against trading down either. The issue I have is talking about not being 1 player away at the 9th pick. That just makes no sense.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
If Carter drops to 9. Make The Eagles trade up, Bears are not one player away,

Most of the T are A reach at 9 IMO
It’s asinine for any Bears fan to suggest the Bears pass on Jalen Carter.

A 21-year-old that was given over a million dollars in NIL money bought a fast car and got caught speeding a couple of times is not a reason to pass on a generational talent that plays a premium position. If he had multiple instances with heavy drugs or had anger management issues where he acted out in violence, that would be a legitimate reason to be hesitant. This is the classic case of evaluators over analyzing. The tape speaks for itself. The Bears would be fortunate if he fell to them at 9.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One is a WR and the other is a combo blocking/receiving TE that sat for his 1st year in the pro’s. Comparing a TE production to a WR’s production might be one of the more Special person arguments this board has had. Next up, maybe we can compare Blasingame’s production to Montgomery’s!!
Better question....if you could only keep one....which one of them would you keep?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Better question....if you could only keep one....which one of them would you keep?
I’d easily keep Kmet over Claypool. Would much rather have the 32nd pick over him, even if he does produce 800+yds.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
True, but it would always depend on the value. If someone is willing to give you a whole lot to move up and you've got a couple players you really like that figure to be available in a trade-back, the deal might make sense. For example, pretend Poles thinks Darnell Wright is the best tackle in this class and the Steelers have to have someone at #9 in exchange for #17 and #32, maybe you make that deal, grab the guy you ant anyway and then get a bonus pick at #32.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
the mindset of poles seems to be based on percentages...the more picks the better chance of landing impact players...i think his first choice is to trade down regardless of who is on the board...i dont think carter is above any of the other blue chippers on his board given his situation. Talent wise carter beats out everyone but has question marks regarding work ethic, immaturity and stamina. poles seemingly wants to have picks in that 25-40 range where various people have said will be a sweet spot.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This just explains why Claypool has outproduced Kmet. It doesn't change the fact that he has. Further Monty has in fact outproduced Khari so not sure what your point is.

@dabears70 made the claim that somehow Kmet is so much better than Claypool and Pace was correct to draft him. I have no fucking clue how he arrived at that conclusion as it is clear Claypool has more production and he offered no analysis of Kmet's blocking.

Even looking at the hated PFF, Claypool has a higher grade 2 out of 3 years. So what is the basis for saying Kmet is better beyond being a Pace nuthugger or pretending Kmet is some all world blocker when in fact he isnt?

I keep Claypool. Kmet is a fairly average TE with no real upside. Decent blocker and can catch basic passes. I would not spend 10m a year or more for an average TE when you can get similar guys like Tonyan for dirt cheap. Claypool still has the physical traits that you can hope for more.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’d easily keep Kmet over Claypool. Would much rather have the 32nd pick over him, even if he does produce 800+yds.
If you remember correctly, the big bitch in here was that Pace took Kmet with a second rounder. I loved the pick...one of the few of that did A lot of guys wanted ironically....Claypool.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This just explains why Claypool has outproduced Kmet. It doesn't change the fact that he has. Further Monty has in fact outproduced Khari so not sure what your point is.

@dabears70 made the claim that somehow Kmet is so much better than Claypool and Pace was correct to draft him. I have no fucking clue how he arrived at that conclusion as it is clear Claypool has more production and he offered no analysis of Kmet's blocking.

Even looking at the hated PFF, Claypool has a higher grade 2 out of 3 years. So what is the basis for saying Kmet is better beyond being a Pace nuthugger or pretending Kmet is some all world blocker when in fact he isnt?

I keep Claypool. Kmet is a fairly average TE with no real upside. Decent blocker and can catch basic passes. I would not spend 10m a year or more for an average TE when you can get similar guys like Tonyan for dirt cheap. Claypool still has the physical traits that you can hope for more.
Lololol. Comparing blocking unsuspecting DB’s to blocking LB’s & DE’s. I’ll exit this ridiculousness now thank you.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lololol. Comparing blocking unsuspecting DB’s to blocking LB’s & DE’s. I’ll exit this ridiculousness now thank you.

I didn't compare their blocking. I noted that Kmet's blocking doesnt overcome the gap in production.