**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
It’s asinine for any Bears fan to suggest the Bears pass on Jalen Carter.

A 21-year-old that was given over a million dollars in NIL money bought a fast car and got caught speeding a couple of times is not a reason to pass on a generational talent that plays a premium position. If he had multiple instances with heavy drugs or had anger management issues where he acted out in violence, that would be a legitimate reason to be hesitant. This is the classic case of evaluators over analyzing. The tape speaks for itself. The Bears would be fortunate if he fell to them at 9.
So it’s asinine if other Bears fans have different opinions than you?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

A 21-year-old that was given over a million dollars in NIL money bought a fast car and got caught speeding a couple of times is not a reason to pass on a generational talent that plays a premium position. If he had multiple instances with heavy drugs or had anger management issues where he acted out in violence, that would be a legitimate reason to be hesitant. This is the classic case of evaluators over analyzing. The tape speaks for itself. The Bears would be fortunate if he fell to them at 9.
He was driving an SUV, not a fast car. Not that that's necessarily relevant, but he's too big for most fast cars.

But the issue isn't speeding. The issue is the conditioning that was lacking in the national semifinal game. The same conditioning was lacking at his pro day. Now maybe the layoff between end of season and bowl game and then the personal stuff going on between the combine and pro day were issues for a guy his size. But it does throw into question if he wants to be great. A player who 100% wants to be one of the top guys at his position in the NFL, puts in a crazy amount of work. That shows a lack of effort and goes against the Bears saying they want guys who "love football".

I'd probably take him too, but a LOT will go into the personal meetings the brass has with Carter.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
True, but it would always depend on the value. If someone is willing to give you a whole lot to move up and you've got a couple players you really like that figure to be available in a trade-back, the deal might make sense. For example, pretend Poles thinks Darnell Wright is the best tackle in this class and the Steelers have to have someone at #9 in exchange for #17 and #32, maybe you make that deal, grab the guy you ant anyway and then get a bonus pick at #32.
Yes, I understand how trades work and values work. I'm not talking about that. I'm simply talking about the "1 player away" stuff. The Bears are certainly not 1 player away, I'm not disagreeing with that. But that's why you traded down from 1. That's not a factor at 9, at all.

It's not like last year where they had few picks. They have a LOT of picks in this draft and 3 more in a 12 pick stretch in the top 65 where you can still find starters. And while they are NOT 1 player away, they definitely both quality and quantity. "1 player away" doesn't make sense when you can get a potentially great player AND still have like 9 more picks this year. That's all I'm saying.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

But there are other rumors of him not liking being coached hard and not practicing hard which on this practice field you better practice hard especially on Wednesdays. There are definitely concerns but sure would be a great get for us if we got him and he turned out what many think he will turn out to be but i can see issues. Maybe he just needs maturing and that happens quickly for him. But if not then there could be big concerns in the locker room and with coaches which is never good for a team.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Didn't the Bears sign Pringle for 6 million ?
DJ, Mooney, Claypool, Pringle, ESB , and VJJ yields 6 receivers ALREADY
I highly doubt that the team is going to draft JSN at #9 seriously.

We need Oline and Dline. Surprise us Poles and get them 3 out of our first four picks PLEASE
So, you want BPA at a position of need OL/DL over just BPA in JSN. As for the last two WR spots, that's where you let the scrubs fight it out.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

also remember that the bears are not planning to suck this bad and be in this type of draft position again so if they do take carter and he does suck because of his stamina/work ethic etc...the bears just wasted a golden opportunity to add a big time impact player. It takes much more than talent to thrive in the NFL as plenty of talented players have come and gone...

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:

So we're just going to ignore this? If you couldn't make it through your most important job interview would you expect to be hired?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
True, but it would always depend on the value. If someone is willing to give you a whole lot to move up and you've got a couple players you really like that figure to be available in a trade-back, the deal might make sense. For example, pretend Poles thinks Darnell Wright is the best tackle in this class and the Steelers have to have someone at #9 in exchange for #17 and #32, maybe you make that deal, grab the guy you ant anyway and then get a bonus pick at #32.
I'm hoping for a trade down but i really just can't see a player a team would want to trade up for at #9 since i think there's so many players at OL, DE/DT, CB, TE and WR that are so close in talent that i can't see a team trading away a valuable pick or two to move up when they can probably get players with the talent or close to it at #9 that they can get in the teens or 20's.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping for a trade down but i really just can't see a player a team would want to trade up for at #9 since i think there's so many players at OL, DE/DT, CB, TE and WR that are so close in talent that i can't see a team trading away a valuable pick or two to move up when they can probably get players with the talent or close to it at #9 that they can get in the teens or 20's.
If a QB falls, then maybe some team will move up. That’s about the only scenario

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the mindset of poles seems to be based on percentages...the more picks the better chance of landing impact players...i think his first choice is to trade down regardless of who is on the board...i dont think carter is above any of the other blue chippers on his board given his situation. Talent wise carter beats out everyone but has question marks regarding work ethic, immaturity and stamina. poles seemingly wants to have picks in that 25-40 range where various people have said will be a sweet spot.
I think it's situational based on board, value and depth of the draft. Last year, he didn't move off of his 1st 3 picks.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've never been a J.Clowney fan and after him publicly calling out his teammate Myles Garrett last year i'm even less of a fan but you can't deny how good he is against the run and will occasionally get to the QB. For the right price on a 1 year deal i'd be ok with it and would absolutely have to have a great pass rusher on the other side and at 3T that can also get to the QB.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I've never been a J.Clowney fan and after him publicly calling out his teammate Myles Garrett last year i'm even less of a fan but you can't deny how good he is against the run and will occasionally get to the QB. For the right price on a 1 year deal i'd be ok with it and would absolutely have to have a great pass rusher on the other side and at 3T that can also get to the QB.

Doesn’t really make any sense imo. Bears won’t be contending for anything. Not much sense in bringing in a 1 year rental with potential character concerns to a team that is likely to be bottom 1/4 of the league.