**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
JSN could legit be BPA. Poles has been consistent saying he’s a BPA/value guy. I’d love the pick, personally
If you are talking BPA at #9 you would also have to consider Robinson who I believe is much more highly rated as a prospect than JSN. I see Poles going BPA at a position of need at #9. Think it will still be OL/DL there.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Dude had inside leverage on him, almost impossible to reach block to the playside gap in 1v1. And he still hammered him 5 yards off the ball.
I guess so. Yes it was an impressive rep. But it was his guy that made the tackle from the other side of the play direction is all (yes after a 5 yard gain or whatever it was).

The run was called to for the left. Maybe don't funnel your man right to that direction is all

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess so. Yes it was an impressive rep. But it was his guy that made the tackle from the other side of the play direction is all (yes after a 5 yard gain or whatever it was).

The run was called to for the left. Maybe don't funnel your man right to that direction is all

What should have happened is the RG should have helped seal Breese off as he ends up blocking no one for most of that play.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

There is no way not to unless he gets a tandem block from the guard. You can't expect a guy to get his body on the inside of a player lined up in the playside gap without help.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This makes no sense. "The Bears are not 1 player away" so never take a player? They don't have the #1 pick anymore. This is the 9th pick. They are already running out of blue chip players at 9, Carter is thought to be the best player in the draft by many. The Bears still have like 10 other picks. When does "not 1 player away" go away if not at #9? When is this magical number where all of a sudden you can actually pick players?
He's also suggesting a player drop like a rock and have someone trade up to get him. Who would be Philly's competition to trade to #9 to make them want to do it? Yes, an odd scenario indeed.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Was just about to say this. Wright should get an assist on the tackle for leading Breese right to it.

Also not sure a single rep tells us much of anything.
No. We must make final determinations on players based off of one play or even one bowl game. It’s what all very successful organizations do.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If you are talking BPA at #9 you would also have to consider Robinson who I believe is much more highly rated as a prospect than JSN. I see Poles going BPA at a position of need at #9. Think it will still be OL/DL there.

Pass

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
What if he was considered a WR, a slot guy, that can line up in the backfield on occasion?

Even then I am not sure he is worth #9, but someone will take him too high and for at least 4 seasons will not regret it, maybe that will be the Bears.
Yeah, I think the current issue with people evaluating BR is that they are focused on him as a runner. His value is actually as a receiver. His running, though tops in the draft, is not what will make him the OROY. It’ll be his role in the passing game.

I see him as lining up in the slot about 30% and out wide 10-15% with the backfield the rest. He’d be a powerful check down weapon for Fields. He really is the best pick we could make, but Remy is right right here.
His weakness is he plays RB.
So, value will allow for the best player to fall.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
He was driving an SUV, not a fast car. Not that that's necessarily relevant, but he's too big for most fast cars.

But the issue isn't speeding. The issue is the conditioning that was lacking in the national semifinal game. The same conditioning was lacking at his pro day. Now maybe the layoff between end of season and bowl game and then the personal stuff going on between the combine and pro day were issues for a guy his size. But it does throw into question if he wants to be great. A player who 100% wants to be one of the top guys at his position in the NFL, puts in a crazy amount of work. That shows a lack of effort and goes against the Bears saying they want guys who "love football".

I'd probably take him too, but a LOT will go into the personal meetings the brass has with Carter.
We’re all speculation of course, but I would wager it was the personal stuff that had a lot to do with the pro day, etc.

That criminal case was out there, and the possibility of 24 mos jail would have definitely not only pushed him out of top 5, but out of round 1.

I am thinking all of his energies were directed toward resolving the criminal case.

Now you are correct-if he just doesn’t have the desire to put the work in, it is what it is. If he does his potential is limitless.

Only he knows, but I put more stock into his tape before the crash than his lack of conditioning afterwards.

I would also love Paris Johnson at 9.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
He was driving an SUV, not a fast car. Not that that's necessarily relevant, but he's too big for most fast cars.

But the issue isn't speeding. The issue is the conditioning that was lacking in the national semifinal game. The same conditioning was lacking at his pro day. Now maybe the layoff between end of season and bowl game and then the personal stuff going on between the combine and pro day were issues for a guy his size. But it does throw into question if he wants to be great. A player who 100% wants to be one of the top guys at his position in the NFL, puts in a crazy amount of work. That shows a lack of effort and goes against the Bears saying they want guys who "love football".

I'd probably take him too, but a LOT will go into the personal meetings the brass has with Carter.
It was a 707 HP Jeep Trackhawk. It’s a fast AF “vehicle”. Clearly you don’t know what you’re talking about.

How many 300+ defensive lineman don’t get gassed? His tape says it all. Again, this is what happens when top players get over analyzed.