**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
What do ya'll project this meaning as far as the starting 5 positionally and the draft (I'm no OL expert)?

I liked the work Teven did at RG, but is left a better fit long-term for some reason?
Does this mean they are even more likely to draft a RT now so that they can pair a rookie with a vet in Davis on that side?

I see a lot of speculation in the comments, but can't call it.

That's the 3rd QB to publically fail from that draft.

Down to Lawrence and Fields which should have been the obvious choices. Both have proven their grit and star potential at this point.

Bears have a real QB and his real coming out party hasn't started yet. We're about to see something as Bears fans that only those old enough to have seen Luckman can relate to (im assuming). Whoever phrased buckle up on this board needs to keep pushing that phrase. No matter what they do in the draft we are going to see some shit from Fields that we are not ready for.

This is going to be a Fun year. Imagine the 2006 team with Fields instead of Grossman. I think that's the ceiling for this year and kind of the unconscious blueprint. This team is not far behind except for the lines which is why most fans are hoping that all of picks 1-4 are spent in the trenches. I'm with them.

Happy Easter. This should be one of the funnest seasons as Bears fans in the last 20 years. Enjoy the moment.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Most triggering scenario I can think of would be inexplicably benching Jenkins again for some unknown reason and playing whitehair LG and Patrick at center
Something is very off when Jenkins played like a top 5 guard and people still consider him a question mark. His teammates showed up at his wedding so we can kill the draft day scenario. He plays at a pro bowl level at guard. I think the lineup is open until they see exactly what they get in the draft. I'd bet on him moving to LG based on the comments but dream about him and Jones in the right side.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From Peter King this morning:

“I thought about this Saturday evening when I was swapping information — or trying to, anyway — with a well-connected operative from a team with a pick in the top 12. “I don’t know what’s happening in front of us,” he said. “Anything.”

Pause.

“I’m not kidding.”

No one wants to hear that, but the longer I’m in this business, the more I absolutely believe the draft mystique until the final hours. As one agent with 30 years of experience told me Saturday: “The mocks this year are going to be laughable. So many guys repeating the same thing, trusting guys who might not know anything.”

Also:

“ Mystery of the first round, example one. Among those making or strongly contributing to high first-round picks: Carolina, with a first-year coach and a strong-willed owner, picking first; a GM in Houston, Nick Caserio, who’s as secretive as former boss Bill Belichick, picking second; a GM running his first draft in Arizona, Monti Ossenfort, picking third; GMs in their second or third drafts with skimpy books on them — Brad Holmes (Detroit), Dave Ziegler (Las Vegas), Terry Fontenot (Atlanta) and Ryan Poles(Chicago) — picking six, seven, eight and nine. How can anyone have great ideas when they’ll all do?”

Another interesting nugget:

“The receivers are all bunched up. One team thinks it’s nuts for Ohio State’s Jaxon Smith-Njigba to be ranked ahead of USC’s Jordan Addison. Another team has BC’s Zay Flowersthe top-ranked wideout on the board. In short, we’re going to see some surprises at receiver on draft night. Smith-Njigba caught just five passes last year for Ohio State as he battled and eventually succumbed to a hamstring injury. Addison caught 100 balls from Kenny Pickett at Pitt in 2021, then 59 more in a new offense for USC in 2022. With a lesser supporting cast at Boston College, Flowers caught 200 balls in four seasons and has been hugely impressive in interviews with teams. To me, Baltimore getting Addison or Flowers at 21 would be a big get in the Ravens’ only scheduled pick in the first two rounds.”

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This is a player I love in this draft. He not only has fantastic ball production, but he has turned a number of those interceptions into touchdowns.

From Peter King:

“Hearing a lot about Emmanuel Forbes, the Mississippi State cornerback. Interesting story. Forbes was a high school pitcher who threw in the mid-nineties until suffering an elbow injury. Then he switched full-time to football, and what a college career he had: 14 career picks, six pick-sixes, zero games missed due to injury. He may slip to the second round because he weighs only about 170, but one team believes he can play comfortably and with more strength at 185. At 6-1 and running a sub-4.4 40-yard dash, Forbes should go no lower than late in the first, even with the weight question.”

Canth

Liked Posts:

Is that a legit account for info? If so, that makes little sense to me for them to move on now from Lance. They were fully prepared to roll with him last year and he had the injury so early in the season, no ones knows what he can really do yet. He's still on a rookie contract for 2 years. Again, I don't see what the incentive would be for the 49ers to bail on Lance yet.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is that a legit account for info? If so, that makes little sense to me for them to move on now from Lance. They were fully prepared to roll with him last year and he had the injury so early in the season, no ones knows what he can really do yet. He's still on a rookie contract for 2 years. Again, I don't see what the incentive would be for the 49ers to bail on Lance yet.
I think they realize he sucks and to get as much for him as you can before he becomes Zach Wilson 2.0.

They still might be making a move for Cousins as well.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think they realize he sucks and to get as much for him as you can before he becomes Zach Wilson 2.0.

They still might be making a move for Cousins as well.
They fell in love with the person and it clouded their judgement of him translating to the NFL.

He is an impressive young guy. I hope he finds his way because he has talent and is not a petulant ass like Wilson. He is so raw it’s crazy.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They fell in love with the person and it clouded their judgement of him translating to the NFL.

He is an impressive young guy. I hope he finds his way because he has talent and is not a petulant ass like Wilson. He is so raw it’s crazy.
They also fucked up by keeping Jimmy, which effectively split the team up. They should have signed another vet and dumped Jimmy. Lance was looking over his shoulder all offseason.
This is probably one of our resident Packer loons.

Guy is getting roasted on Twitter. Also has a pinned tweet saying Rodgers won’t be traded

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
This is probably one of our resident Packer loons.

If GB gets this kind of prospective haul for Rodgers, I may laugh myself all the way to the looney bin. The Russell Wilson trade has to be on every GM's mind here - an aging QB known for freelancing as it suits him, going from the only team he knows to an allegedly stacked offense primed for a postseason run. Mind you, I still want Rodgers in NY; imagine an 80,000+ home crowd booing his first interception... He isnt some weak willed child like Zach Wilson, but he also will absolutely be incapable of commenting on it every chance he gets.

You surrender less to obtain Lamar Jackson, whose retirement is not up for speculation and seeks far less media attention. At least if the Jets get Lamar, they have more hope to not be looking for a new QB next year.