**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What do ya'll project this meaning as far as the starting 5 positionally and the draft (I'm no OL expert)?

I liked the work Teven did at RG, but is left a better fit long-term for some reason?
Does this mean they are even more likely to draft a RT now so that they can pair a rookie with a vet in Davis on that side?

I see a lot of speculation in the comments, but can't call it..

I would assume they see Teven Jenkins as the more athletic/better pass protector of the 3 between him, Nate Davis, and Cody Whitehair. Cody Whitehair could be expendable, especially if someone interesting comes available via the draft or June cuts. If not, I guess Whitehair and Patrick will be battling for the starting C spot.

We still need a tackle after that. I'm assuming we'll draft one, but it might not be in the 1st. Trading down and grabbing Broderick Jones or Darnell Wright would make sense. But who knows who Poles likes. We thought he was going to take oline early in the 2022 draft, but ended up waiting until the 5th round.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Think Jenkins projects to handle the switch better than Davis - Jenkins didnt even get a camp in at RG last year (he was a underwhelming RT throughout camp) I dont think he has even had enough snaps there to develop many "right sided habits" to break whereas Davis has played I believe every single NFL snap in his 4 year career there. Thought its looked pretty likely for a while line will be Jones - Jenkins - Whitehair - Davis - Rookie. Maybe draft shakes up in a way that you can replace Whitehair at C too, maybe they like Rookie OT better on the left and switch Jones.
Most triggering scenario I can think of would be inexplicably benching Jenkins again for some unknown reason and playing whitehair LG and Patrick at center

Canth

Liked Posts:
I think that takes Skoronski off the draft board. I know some still think he can play T, and i also think he can, but knowing he can easily move to G if T didn't work was the reason he was still on my board.

Probably, but I think it also shows Poles understanding of positional value. Skoronski was most likely a guard for them and it's pretty steep to spend a top 10 pick on a guard.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Probably, but I think it also shows Poles understanding of positional value. Skoronski was most likely a guard for them and it's pretty steep to spend a top 10 pick on a guard.
Yeah i agree, my hope was T.Jenkins was going to go to RT which would then keep Skoronski as a choice but if we're going T at #9 or in the first round if we trade down then there's some good options there with Paris, B.Jones, D.Wright and more a little later in the first.

Canth

Liked Posts:
And answering my own question, the Ravens only had about $6-7M in cap space before signing OBJ. So, they presumably need to make some moves to make it work.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I get it, but it’s a graphic reminder Fields has faced intense pressure because of lack of quality in front of him. Go back and watch the Eagles game . Reddick and Hargrave were planting Fields like he was a tulip bulb.

This will be my last post on this topic. No interest in a back and forth…
Except it isnt because the play was again Fields fault. He got the protection wrong and failed to throw it hot.

And yes the Eagles game is a better example so perhaps the tweet should have used that and not something from 2 years ago that was Fields' fault.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As long as he stays in a part time role, and he doesn’t take more of the load, I hope he keeps averaging nearly 6 yards a carry.

True there, those were pretty good rushing games.

I’m not making up a damn thing. We weren’t as good of a rushing team without Fields. Plus, he had over 1k rushing yards. Bijan gives us more wins and is the best pick at 9.

You said we were bad. That is factually inaccurate. Fields made us better but this is still a good run team without him. No need to shit on the OL and RBs just to gas up Bijan.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Considering Whitehair's issues at C in the past, what has changed to think it's a good idea this time around?
I'm not thrilled with the idea either but I think theres a good chance they get a better option at C in the draft and if he's a hot mess you can always bench him for Patrick.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts: