**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Canth

Liked Posts:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'll just say I doubt that happens and definitely not before the draft. Hell, the Eberflus quote they used even has him saying they will have to see how things shake out in the draft.
Yeah i think it would be smart to wait until after the draft just to keep teams not knowing which way we go in the draft especially for trade down purposes. If they wanted to sign D.Smith they could always let him and his agent know that they're interested but would want to wait until after the draft to sign him.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Love Brents if Bears can get him in the 3rd, think he will be a great fit on the outside in Flus Defense.
Yeah, big CBs have been great finds the last couple years. Between Gardner, Woolen, Surtain, etc. guys with the size and agility combo have been top performers early in their careers. Brents is the next in line, IMO. He's a big guy you can put on the outside against X WRs. And if teams try to move their top WR away from him, he can follow the WR in the slot with that agility. He also has some developing ball skills with 4 INTs this year. I think he's a potential stud CB, I just hope he makes it to the late 2nd at this point.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Yeah I’m not disagreeing the Bears need a better O line, just stating an offense can be successful with mediocre o line play with weapons to throw too.
Very true, if you have receivers that can get separation soon enough you can make do but not the other way around.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
See, I think with Bijan, you are getting a do-it-all back, who does it all well. And I think that a RB that doesnt limit play selection is incredibly valuable, especially with a dual threat QB. I like to imagine it as if Matt Forte with an extra gear would be doing in today's league; Any down and distance could see him catching the ball as a playmaker in space, and oh yeah he is a top notch runner too that will always be a threat to cut back and make you defender pay for taking too-aggressive an angle. If Poles elects to draft him, I think you can be optimistic that you are getting a top talent with a high probability of immediate success.

But the problem is that you cant take him AND draft the OL that will keep Fields upright. I am prepared for Poles to not draft OL/DL in the first round, but I can't say I would be happy. Before the trade with Carolina, we were poorer at WR than RB, and I was still hesitant to want a weapon for Fields over OT/DL. Braxton Jones for me at 9. If Bijan is truly the next superstar at RB, then Poles can trade back into the first if it is advantageous to do so and I doubt I would mind.
Different styles but Forte had better long speed than Bijan does so would be the one with the extra gear in your analogy. If the other way around, not many would be talking about Bijan falling out of the top ten.